Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It's made from Spic-n-Span, Elmer's Glue and baking soda.
    *is dubious*

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    How much does web fluid cost to make?
    In the early Spider-man stories Peter was always strapped for cash and giving every penny he made to Aunt May.

Which makes me wonder.
    I've always thought it was hilarious that Peter Parker, a 15 year old boy, created white fluid in his free time and no-one else found it funny.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    I've always thought it was hilarious that Peter Parker, a 15 year old boy, created white fluid in his free time and no-one else found it funny.
    I do like in the Ultimate line where he does talk about the cost and then tries to get Black widow to pay him 80 bucks for the web shooters she stole. So I guess 80 bucks in 2000's money for a webshooter. I dont know if that is just one or for the pair.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

How much does web fluid cost to make?
    In the early Spider-man stories Peter was always strapped for cash and giving every penny he made to Aunt May.

Which makes me wonder.
    Probably in the same way Magneto built a space station from scratch although he didn’t had the best of education… They are geniuses… (Peter Parker, sadly, lacks of business sense.)
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

^^^lol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I do like in the Ultimate line where he does talk about the cost and then tries to get Black widow to pay him 80 bucks for the web shooters she stole. So I guess 80 bucks in 2000's money for a webshooter. I dont know if that is just one or for the pair.
    ^^^never knew that! Ty...

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Probably in the same way Magneto built a space station from scratch although he didn’t had the best of education… They are geniuses… (Peter Parker, sadly, lacks of business sense.)
    ^^^damn, I wonder how much a space station cost?!?

^^^never knew that! Ty...
    Yea she stole his webshooter in Ultimate marvel Team up 14. Then in Ultimate Xmen during the Blockbuster story arc in I think issue 35 Wolverine goes to Black Widow for info on who is trying to kill him. Spiderman is with him and he hits up Widow for 80 bucks. Widow is pretty annoyed by this.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

^^^lol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post

^^^damn, I wonder how much a space station cost?!?
    He stole gold from the Nazis.

I suppose he did some metalworking himself. But if I had his powers, all I could do would probably be a tin can.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Retired

Is it Spider-Man, Spider-man or Spiderman?

Meaningless, but it bugs me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Is it Spider-Man, Spider-man or Spiderman?

Meaningless, but it bugs me.
    Spider-Man

From Marvel.com

https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/...der-man_1963_1
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Boisterously Confused

Never thought of it that way. Now, likely, will never be able to not think of it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Yea she stole his webshooter in Ultimate marvel Team up 14. Then in Ultimate Xmen during the Blockbuster story arc in I think issue 35 Wolverine goes to Black Widow for info on who is trying to kill him. Spiderman is with him and he hits up Widow for 80 bucks. Widow is pretty annoyed by this.
    I would have to, TBH. Money is money!

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Never thought of it that way. Now, likely, will never be able to not think of it that way.
    You're welcome!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Astonishing Member

The web fluid should be part of his superpowers, like in the Raimi movie. Its done right there, even if it strays too far from the original story.

Retired

I always thought it admirable restraint that the creators didn't go wild and give Peter extra spider powers--like web fluid in his body--and stuck to him only getting the relative strength and agility of a spider. I don't even think that Spidey senses were meant to be a power, per se, but more just a thing about Peter like Ralph Dibny's twitching nose. It's not a power--it's just that Peter is a highly intelligent young man and he can figure out when something isn't right. And Peter inventing web shooters is another way to show how intelligent he is and that he can experiment with the tech. This is how Spider-Man is a marriage of Superman and Batman in one character.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I always thought it admirable restraint that the creators didn't go wild and give Peter extra spider powers--like web fluid in his body--and stuck to him only getting the relative strength and agility of a spider. I don't even think that Spidey senses were meant to be a power, per se, but more just a thing about Peter like Ralph Dibny's twitching nose. It's not a power--it's just that Peter is a highly intelligent young man and he can figure out when something isn't right. And Peter inventing web shooters is another way to show how intelligent he is and that he can experiment with the tech. This is how Spider-Man is a marriage of Superman and Batman in one character.
    I think it’s a part of the success of Spider-man: he is strong and has marvelous powers. But above all, he’s clever and sympathetic.

He’s a better role model than most of super-heroes today that have just super-mega powers and are just “different” and “powerful”… He was mine at least: I studied physics…