Amazing Member

Default Spidey comic illustrated with 3D models?

Wasn’t there an experiment, back in the early 2000’s, that used 3D models instead of lineart? An Electra max series had done it (horribly) and then I ::think:; a Spidey muni or one shot or annual toyed with it.

Or am I hallucinating again?

Yeah, it happened. I remember it just because Greg Rucka wrote it and he is one of my favorite writers so I gave it a shot. Pretty forgettable though.

It was called Spider-Man: Quality of Life, and oddly enough, I just went looking for it on Marvel Unlimited to get the name and I remember reading it there, but it's no longer there. When you gi to Marvel.com and search for it it goes to 404 error.....
    Last edited by Spider-Chan; 08-16-2020 at 09:25 AM.

found it, let's all go to hell together

https://comixology.com/Spider-Man-Qu...l-comic/481366
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Weird, it's the second time this month I cross this story I had never heard of before. I guess once you see that 3D art, fate will make sure you never forget it
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Hear me out but I don't think this thing is terrible. I mean the art is very dated but that's part of the charm for me, it speaks to a specific period where 3D animation was pretty hip and looks like a lost 3D animated Spidey movie from 2002. I think the actual panel to panel storytelling tells the story pretty clearly, and does what comic art should in that regard. I don't wanna see every comic made with 3D models but I find it to be a fun little weird charming piece of history. I think it's odd they had Greg Rucka of all people write it (he usually does grittier crime stuff) and make it such an ultimately heavy story. Might have been better served not being an important in-continuity thing because tonally I think it's a little weird seeing the content matched up with the visuals.

Yith was a cool villain. She could fit well in the Spidey rogues gallery of animal themed villains. Kinda wish she'd show up more (I know she had a cameo in Millar's MK Spider-Man).
    Last edited by Spidey_62; 08-16-2020 at 07:20 PM.