Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I agree that Smollett is the best thing in the show. Last night had two asides. The kid at the Ouija Board asking about his trip was Bobo, the nickname for Emitt Till. And the mention that the pastor Michael had changed his name to Martin.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Finished the show and I really loved it. Smollet was great but the strength of the show for me was Majors and Williams. Can't wait to see what Majors does in the MCU case he was great in this.

spoilers:
    Is Michale K Williams gay in real life? Cause he's now played 3 great gay characters. Omar, Leanord, and Now Montrose.

Also the rewind episode to the Tulsa Massacre had me legit crying. The stuff with Montrose and Atticus finishing with Tic being the stranger who saved them. At the same time, The grandmother having to hear her family die. Deciding to let it happen... boy it was a rough go. The entire latter half of that episode had me in my feelings.

Also are they setting D up to become a bad guy? While she deserved it, the way she killed the lady was cold. Also seemed sudden if she has broken bad. They set up her having some anger issues and being fed up after Emitt Till but going straight robot arm murderer seemed a bit much.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Finished the show and I really loved it. Smollet was great but the strength of the show for me was Majors and Williams. Can't wait to see what Majors does in the MCU case he was great in this.

spoilers:
    Is Michale K Williams gay in real life? Cause he's now played 3 great gay characters. Omar, Leanord, and Now Montrose.

Also the rewind episode to the Tulsa Massacre had me legit crying. The stuff with Montrose and Atticus finishing with Tic being the stranger who saved them. At the same time, The grandmother having to hear her family die. Deciding to let it happen... boy it was a rough go. The entire latter half of that episode had me in my feelings.

Also are they setting D up to become a bad guy? While she deserved it, the way she killed the lady was cold. Also seemed sudden if she has broken bad. They set up her having some anger issues and being fed up after Emitt Till but going straight robot arm murderer seemed a bit much.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I took it that D just had enough with all the **** she went through. Her anger at what the sheriff did to her was just too much. And what Christina did to her family, it wasn't like she didn't deserve it.
    end of spoilers

Loved the show, some episodes more than others, but felt the finale was a let down.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    spoilers:
    I took it that D just had enough with all the **** she went through. Her anger at what the sheriff did to her was just too much. And what Christina did to her family, it wasn't like she didn't deserve it.
    end of spoilers

Loved the show, some episodes more than others, but felt the finale was a let down.

Yeah i thought the finale was OK but not great. Good show but somewhat inconsistent, although i appreciated the gore throughout. Favorite episodes included the premiere, the haunted house episode, the museum one, the jamie chung one, and the tulsa one.

I wonder if they will do a 2nd season. Doesn't feel like there is a need for one.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

I enjoyed the finale but was far from my favorite.

Apparently the showrunner said they are in talks with HBO about another season. So it wasn't intended to be a one and done. Guess its gonna depend if the numbers it did justify the cost of the show. Looks expensive somewhat. spoilers:
    also interested in seeing how they move forward without Atticus. He held everything together
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Apparently the showrunner said they are in talks with HBO about another season. So it wasn't intended to be a one and done. Guess its gonna depend if the numbers it did justify the cost of the show. Looks expensive somewhat. spoilers:
    also interested in seeing how they move forward without Atticus. He held everything together
    end of spoilers
    Move it forward 10 years to the 60s with D as the main character.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I think Dee did what she did because she read the book written by Tic and Leti's future son and he did say something about having to kill in order to save the day or something like that. I can't remember the exact quote but that's part of her mentality as to why she did what she did. Also, note that she's the woman from the future Tic was talking about when he traveled the multiverse. He talked about a woman with a metal arm.

Overall I loved this show. One or two episodes were a bit mid but the acting and story were really engaging. The entire cast really did a great job and Misha Green deserves some props as showrunner. The only thing I think I didn't like about the finale was how Ruby was handled and also some aspects of Christina's actions.

Move it forward 10 years to the 60s with D as the main character.
    I think that too far maybe juno ahead to thr baby being a toddler. So 3-5 years tops. I think Montrose whole story going forward is gonna be about helping take care of that boy. Being they type of father he wanted to be but as a grandfather. D probaly would be the lead have her be 18-21. Problem is I don't think that actress will work. She looked pretty young and her character just got interesting. Suck for her if they jump ahead and recast.

Incredible Member

Did they explain Skippy the friendly Shoggoth? I thought Christina was controlling it to help them and get rid of the sheriff, but it seemed to be independent after that. Did it sense Tig's blood connect to the ancestor guy and bond on him?
    Sounds perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Did they explain Skippy the friendly Shoggoth? I thought Christina was controlling it to help them and get rid of the sheriff, but it seemed to be independent after that. Did it sense Tig's blood connect to the ancestor guy and bond on him?
    I think Christina was controlling the white one and Tic had a black one that served his side of the bloodline. I dont recall them ever explaining it. Kinda just shows up to save him and hangs out in the cellar for awhile after that. Now its loyal to D I'm assuming cause Tic introduced them and while she's not from that side of the family she is related to Tic so iono.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    It's Spot and he came as part of the protection spell Montrose cast earlier in the episode. He was the Shoggoth we saw Christina deliver in the second episode.

How did this show do in ratings?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How did this show do in ratings?
    Pretty well from what I can gather

‘Lovecraft Country’ Hits Series High Ratings With Epic Season Finale

The season finale of the freshman series hit viewership highs on both linear and digital with 881,000 viewers tuning in to the 9 p.m. telecast, which is up 16% from the series debut. On the digital side, there was almost a 90% increase from the season premiere
    On HBO Max, more subscribers viewed the finale of Lovecraft Country in its first day of availability than any other new episode of an original series on the streaming platform to date. On top of that, Lovecraft Country has taken the No. 1 spot on HBO Max when it comes to original series. The first episode is currently approaching 10 million viewers.
    When it comes to social, the shocking season finale was trending at No. 1 on Twitter within the first 10 minutes of its airing and generated 369,800 total night-of social interactions — the most of any episode in the series. Ranked on total organic interactions, Lovecraft Country is the No, 1 most talked-about primetime drama series programs across all of TV year-to-date (this excludes series with less than five episodes in 2020 thus far) and the No. 2 most talked-about primetime scripted series across all of TV year-to-date, behind only HBO’s Insecure

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    It's Spot and he came as part of the protection spell Montrose cast earlier in the episode. He was the Shoggoth we saw Christina deliver in the second episode.
    Ahh ok I assumed it just failed. Guess that makes sense then it randomly showing up then and not before.

Didn't even remember it till someone else pointed it out.. but the foreshadow Ds arm earlier in the show. Tic says someone with a Hood and a robot arm pushed him back through the portal. Completely forgot about that untill I heard someone else bring it up. Guess thats the downside of weekly over binging. You forgot crap

I loved how she used it to deal with Christina at the end. I hope they get a Season 2.

Oh and did anyone else catch the connection to Wonder Woman? I thought that was pretty cool and didn't pick up on it at first.