Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mighty Member

Am I the only one who felt like Christina was not that bad of a villain?

And am I the only one who is demanding for a Hippolyta spin off series?....200years is a very loooong time to be zipzapping across the timestream (with Earth 504 as the base). Right here is a multi-giganton of creative landscape to give Hippolyta her own series.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I loved how she used it to deal with Christina at the end. I hope they get a Season 2.

Oh and did anyone else catch the connection to Wonder Woman? I thought that was pretty cool and didn't pick up on it at first.
    Yea right out the gate mother and daughters names jumped out at me. Not a common name and then her daughter is Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Am I the only one who felt like Christina was not that bad of a villain?

And am I the only one who is demanding for a Hippolyta spin off series?....200years is a very loooong time to be zipzapping across the timestream (with Earth 504 as the base). Right here is a multi-giganton of creative landscape to give Hippolyta her own series.
    1. Nah, Christina was evil but she wasn't a cliche villain. She emobodied the "white feminist," who uses the oppression of black people to further their own agenda without actually feeling true empathy or being able to really sympathize. Hence the whole recreation of Emmitt Till's death. Yeah she partly did it for Ruby but it was performative and not real. She was never in any true danger and was in control the entire time. Christina was a narcissist/sociopath.

2. Yes! Seeing Dee and Hipp traveling dimensions with their demon "dog" is a series just begging to be made.

1. Nah, Christina was evil but she wasn't a cliche villain. She emobodied the "white feminist," who uses the oppression of black people to further their own agenda without actually feeling true empathy or being able to really sympathize. Hence the whole recreation of Emmitt Till's death. Yeah she partly did it for Ruby but it was performative and not real. She was never in any true danger and was in control the entire time. Christina was a narcissist/sociopath.

2. Yes! Seeing Dee and Hipp traveling dimensions with their demon "dog" is a series just begging to be made.
    Excellent point about Christina can’t be better said..

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Max
    Grade: A-

This has been on my list awhile and I finally watched it all over the past few days.
    I didn't really know what to expect. It's based on a separate book called Lovecraft Country, which itself borrows from HP Lovecraft....it isn't an adaption directly of his material. Some guys at my LCS had said it was good during its initial release but I'm just getting to it.

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    I was surprised how good it was...i hope it doesn't devolve into a campy mess but so far so good.
    The show felt very anthology as I watched the first few episodes. It intros much more as a regular drama, then a horror episode, a suspense episode, creature feature episode.....all the way up to Time Travel and Alt Worlds!!!! Luckily it never felt campy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    ...Last night had two asides. The kid at the Ouija Board asking about his trip was Bobo, the nickname for Emitt Till. And the mention that the pastor Michael had changed his name to Martin.
    The Martin drop was I felt easy enough to grasp, I had to go google Emitt Till and only did so cause after the MLK drop in I wondered if Till was meant to pad that line OR if Till was also of note. He was I just don't know if I'd heard of that situation before.
    Travel Guide, Sundown Towns and Tulsa are all historical things I was familiar with.

Oh and did anyone else catch the connection to Wonder Woman? I thought that was pretty cool and didn't pick up on it at first.
    The moment I heard the name Hippolyta I wondered if that would ever pay off, especially as each episode went more varied at any time with any character.
    I did like the clap back....its Greek you idiot!!

I thought there would be a work around for Tic but no there was not.
    The shows final moments seems to indicate there are more stories but are there? Is LC the start of a book series or its just a one&done?
    This far out and with the Strikes we clearly aren't getting more.

With that said if anyone is looking for a solid show as these Strikes are likely to impact new material Lovecraft Country should be on your list!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Unfortunately, there won't be another season or anything. However, the writer of the book wrote a sequel called The Destroyer of Worlds: A Return to Lovecraft Country.

What episode was your favorite? Mine was episode 8 with Topsy & Bopsy. The homage to 80s horror was great!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

What episode was your favorite? Mine was episode 8 with Topsy & Bopsy. The homage to 80s horror was great!
    Episode 3-Holy Ghost
    This is one is the supernatural suspense episode revealing the haunting of Leti's house.

OR

Episode 7- I AM
    Hippolyta's journey across the multiverse as she lives varied lives is one the pure comic book fan in me enjoyed. Especially her Amazonian look that honored her name in one of those moments.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime