Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Wakatsuki(Kengan) VS Hanayama(Baki)

Like it says on the tin.

The superhuman karete-ka, Wakatsuki Takeshi from the Kengan series, 193cm, 193kg,

VS

The brawling master, Hanayama Kaoru from the Baki series, 191cm, 166kg.

Standard arena match,B]Who takes this one?[/B]

Can Takeshi defend having entire chunks of his body pulled out by Kaorus fingers?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Can Takeshi defend having entire chunks of his body pulled out by Kaorus fingers?
    Or do enough damage to rattle a guy who had 5-6 revolver rounds shoved into his mouth, had them go off and remove large chunks of his face; only to then get back up and beat the **** out of the dude who did it.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Or do enough damage to rattle a guy who had 5-6 revolver rounds shoved into his mouth, had them go off and remove large chunks of his face; only to then get back up and beat the **** out of the dude who did it.
    Said guy also kneecapped Kaoru, shot a bullet through his cheek and jammed his finger through Kaoru’s ear and into his brain.

Kaoru basically just shrugged it off.

Easily the most G moment in Baki.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Eeeh, Hanayama hits incredibly hard and is mad durable and has, as others have talked about, quite ridiculous feats of endurance under his fundoshi [belt].

However.

Man blocks with his face, a lot. Like, I don't think we've ever seen him take a defensive stance in the entire five series of Baki he's shown up in. Wakatsuki hits like... well, not unlike Yujirou when he lands the Blast Core. I'm reasonably sure Wakatsuki is faster than him into the bargain.

How seriously do we take Speck's rush attack? He's meant to have structurally damaged the statue of Liberty with it but Hanayama took that okay. If he can take that, he can probably eat a Blast Core and then grab Wakatsuki and crush whatever he grabs.

If Wakatsuki fights smart, he should win this because Hanayama basically only fights dumb. If he slips up though, he's in for a world of hurt.

Speaking of faces, I just saw the clip of Yujiro pulling off some dudes face with his hands and tossing it into the audience.

That’s just wrong man. The author must really be off his rocks to come up with such a brutal move.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Speaking of faces, I just saw the clip of Yujiro pulling off some dudes face with his hands and tossing it into the audience.

That’s just wrong man. The author must really be off his rocks to come up with such a brutal move.
    Oh dear, we are somewhat unfamiliar with Baki if you think a face rip is peak brutality.

That dubious honour goes to the Dark Tunnel and I recommend that people do not look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Oh dear, we are somewhat unfamiliar with Baki if you think a face rip is peak brutality.

That dubious honour goes to the Dark Tunnel and I recommend that people do not look it up.
    Pickle as well.

In both how he fights, and what he does; is a fair bit more brutal/repulsive.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Gaia is a weird dude.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Pickle as well.

In both how he fights, and what he does; is a fair bit more brutal/repulsive.
    Check out the Pickle/Musashi fight, and then check out the context behind it. Pickle does what he does because for him, its survival.

What Musashi did to Pickle was even worse: he hacked Pickle up out of curiosity and pure sadism. In the end, Pickle mentally broke and ran for the hills.

They patched things up and became friends later on but.

BANNED

He's meant to have structurally damaged the statue of Liberty with it but Hanayama took that okay.
    IMHO SMvsFL may need to be invoked because he never outputs that sort of damage again.

Also, there are two secnes which can be compared.

When Speck had Hanayama pinned against a tree during the Apnea Rush, nothing happened to the tree.

But when Jack Hammer pinned Motobe against a tree during his rush, the tree was visibly being uprooted as Jack's rush continued.

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    IMHO SMvsFL may need to be invoked because he never outputs that sort of damage again.

Also, there are two secnes which can be compared.

When Speck had Hanayama pinned against a tree during the Apnea Rush, nothing happened to the tree.

But when Jack Hammer pinned Motobe against a tree during his rush, the tree was visibly being uprooted as Jack's rush continued.
    The SMvsFL designation was kind of how I felt about the whole thing, seemed a bit wildly out there compared to other stuff that Speck did.

Blast Core hits way harder than anything else Speck did and hits harder than... I think most anything else that Hanayama's been hit by. Barring... maybe Pickle's anti-bipedal rush? That was pretty up there as well.

BANNED

Blast Core
    The closest analogues I can recall are Kaku Kaioh's Xiaoli punch and Yujiro's punching the ground during the Raitai arc, both in the same fight. And nobody besides Baki been hit with anything like either(Baki getting slammed into a car from off of a skyscraper...)

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    The closest analogues I can recall are Kaku Kaioh's Xiaoli punch and Yujiro's punching the ground during the Raitai arc, both in the same fight. And nobody besides Baki been hit with anything like either(Baki getting slammed into a car from off of a skyscraper...)
    Yujiro's big punch seemed like it was a bit bigger in impact than the Blast Core. Not massively, but a bit more.

Given that Yujiro has shown himself more than capable of messing up Hanayama when he wants, granted they haven't fought in years by this point, that would be a bad sign for Hanayama against Wakatsuki.

Yujiro's big punch seemed like it was a bit bigger in impact than the Blast Core. Not massively, but a bit more.

Given that Yujiro has shown himself more than capable of messing up Hanayama when he wants, granted they haven't fought in years by this point, that would be a bad sign for Hanayama against Wakatsuki.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.