Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Amazons

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    That detail means that Ares is a non-player - among his fellow gods, in the world, and with respect to Wonder Woman - for roughly 3000 years, including up to the point where the Wonder Woman story where he breaks free takes place (so he can't battle her earlier in her career, influence or empower her other enemies from behind the scenes, etc.). This sidelines a character who shouldn't be sidelined, so I don't think ti's a great idea.
    Couldn't Ares be doing other stuff in that time, like waging war on Mars?

Paradise island and by extension its surrounding islands should have a lush nature theme. Beautiful exotic plants with various colors and senses. I would go so far as to add alien/otherworldly plants that amazons sent back from their outer space adventures, those would only be in the royal palace gardens though.

Animal life would be a mix of real and mythical creatures. From jaguars, ox, wild horses, eagles, fish, octopuses etc.. to unicorns and phenixes.

Themyscira would be the main city state with future amazon tribes, like the bana, creating smaller cities around it or on different islands. There would be several large sections of the island dedicated to farming and crop lands. A fishing area near the coast as well as fishing huts on minor rocks in the surrounding area, like fishing ports off the coast of the Caribbean. A ways way, past a forest lays Dooms doorway; the gateway to the deepest parts of Tartarus.

Between the main island there would be several other islands. Some maybe islands that other amazons live on.

• Science island
    • Reformation island
    • Olympic island
    • Star island
    • Blight island

Science island is pretty self explanatory, its where the majority of the amazons new tech/inventions are created.

Reformation island, where Diana takes villains that she believes can be healed and reformed back into civilization.

Olympic island is where the amazon Olympics happen. This also where the WW contest happens.

Star island is an amazon made island. Its where the starships the old amazons used to travel through space would dock. This was before Diana was an adult.

Blight island is an island where Ares's prison is kept. Its barren with withering plants, with one very large tree atop a hill.

In terms of architecture the amazons would have a Greco-Roman theme mixed with advanced technology. I believe is have some pictures...

Their technology would be working with nature. Think aquaducts that filters out clean water on top of inventions like the purple healing ray. They would use their tech to advance their ability to work with and preserve nature, rather than destroy it. Using solar energy or light.

In terms of weapons I think they would issue light and energy, similar to a green lantern blasts, as their arrows and spears. Like a bow that shots hard light arrows that move at light speed or spears that function with a razor light edge. Amazons would have created metal unicorn Pegasus robotics to fly around in battle vs using real animals.

Amazonium would be plentiful in the mountains on the main island and science island so that's what there city walls, tools, and armor/weapons would be made out of.
    Last edited by Perseus; 08-18-2020 at 03:43 PM.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

I mean why can't Paradise Island be advance? I feel like how do the Banas get their advanced tech? Do they get it from the black market? Or maybe from Isis? I mean in many ways certain things we still do. Like some people do still use typewriters. Or drawing comics on paper despite using a laptop. So the Amazons doing something that seems old fashion fine. I mean some amazons can just be not wanting to use that much advanced tech and do things old fashion. I mean Marston's Amazons still did old fashion things because they knew they were strong enough
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 08-18-2020 at 08:07 PM.

- The Amazons are racially diverse, originating from Greece, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and other parts of Europe.

- They have all manner of backgrounds from rulers of fallen dynasties to peasant girls abandoned by society.

- The history of being enslaved by Heracles is kept but Heracles isn't punished. This leads to tension between the Amazons and the Olympians, especially towards Zeus.

- Hippolyta and Philippus are married. Diana and Nubia are created from clay while Donna is adopted and is from Filipina descent.

- The Amazons have various fighting styles inspired by the ethnic make up of Themyscira.

- They also have two ways of super powers: enhancing which focuses on enhancing physical abilities and is based on Amazon training from the Marston run. Then their is magic which is regular spellcasting. Diana, Donna and Philippus use enhancing. Hippolyta, Akila and Euoeba use magic. Nubia and Artemis (re-named Amani here) use a mixture of both.

- It's more a magiteck society with focus on magic.

- Io is an engineer. Mala is a doctor. Neither are combatants.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean why can't Paradise Island be advance? I feel like how do the Banas get their advanced tech? Do they get it from the black market? Or maybe from Isis? I mean in many ways certain things we still do. Like some people do still use typewriters. Or drawing comics on paper despite using a laptop. So the Amazons doing something that seems old fashion fine. I mean some amazons can just be not wanting to use that much advanced tech and do things old fashion. I mean Marston's Amazons still did old fashion things because they knew they were strong enough
    The Banas regularly get in and out of the sandstorm and update their info from neighboring towns

The Bana , as mentioned, had interactions with the outside world. They were not immortal, nor did they have the blessings of the Island as far as unlimited resources, food, etc. The Bana had to trade and work with outsiders, allowing them to be exposed to new weapons, technology, and methods.

Okay. I wonder. Wouldn't Paradise Island Amazons still want to have upgrades due to the Doom Gate and other things? I mean Diana was always a dreamer and wanted to leave. I can't see her being the only one.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Okay. I wonder. Wouldn't Paradise Island Amazons still want to have upgrades due to the Doom Gate and other things? I mean Diana was always a dreamer and wanted to leave. I can't see her being the only one.
    She's not, but they're usually thwarted, by the fog or barrier surrounding the island, by obedience towards the queen and gods, by trauma or misandry born of trauma. In the versions without barrier, like New 52, there are Amazons who leave the island and mingle with people. One of them is in SM/WW. Don't remember the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    She's not, but they're usually thwarted, by the fog or barrier surrounding the island, by obedience towards the queen and gods, by trauma or misandry born of trauma. In the versions without barrier, like New 52, there are Amazons who leave the island and mingle with people. One of them is in SM/WW. Don't remember the name.
    Hessia.

(need at least ten characters)

So yea if we keep the Amazons or at least some who want to go to the outside world and come back even with women who needed saving or to see if the world was ready they come back with tech. If they keep the mirror they know what it’s used for. Just want to make their own version

So yea if we keep the Amazons or at least some who want to go to the outside world and come back even with women who needed saving or to see if the world was ready they come back with tech. If they keep the mirror they know what it’s used for. Just want to make their own version
    Or they could be an advance civilization that progress on their own. Seeing as necessity is the mother of invention.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Or they could be an advance civilization that progress on their own. Seeing as necessity is the mother of invention.
    True. What would make the Amazons want to advance? Because there is still civilization that is stuck in time so to speak. But the Amazons were already curious about a lot of things already. I think it should be a mix. They do have Ares and the Doom gate but also due to their own curiosities. I mean should they have the magical sphere?

True. What would make the Amazons want to advance? Because there is still civilization that is stuck in time so to speak. But the Amazons were already curious about a lot of things already. I think it should be a mix. They do have Ares and the Doom gate but also due to their own curiosities. I mean should they have the magical sphere?
    The want to advance anything is to make life easier. Besides wanting to be as prepared as possible against the demons of Doom gate or Ares, there are things like wanting to explore the cosmos or improving their lives on the island or even boredom.