View Poll Results: Do you plan to read the X of Swords event?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! The entire thing.

64 57.14%
  • Possibly, we'll see how it goes.

8 7.14%
  • Select books or issues only.

16 14.29%
  • No! I have no interest in this event.

24 21.43%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Planning to read the X of Swords event?

Survey: Are you planning to read this event? Sitting it out?

Probably sitting it out. I'll be reading the reviews, though, so I might pick up some issues if something interesting happens to any of my favourites.

Fantastic Member

I may trade buy it if it goes well.

as for single issues I may check out the beginning but I'm not really interested in Excalibur or some of the other titles featured.

I feel like a lot of the non Hickman issues won't be great. Hellions, X-Force, and maybe X-Factor probably will have decent tie ins.

I don't like a lot of the ongoings, so having a big event that I have to buy multiple series is a turn off. So much of the relaunch has been clickbait-article bait, so I'll just read reviews and boards. The story seems like an Apocalypse thing, and everyone becomes an idiot whenever he's around, and I can never get behind this weird revisionist take on the guy. Plus its just too much money. Pass.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

After so many dramatic years and loving how they handled PoX and HoX, hell yeah, I am surely getting all of X-of Swords.

Had enough time to save money for it during the period not a single issue came out.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I'll be reading it, but I hate it ties into literally every book in the line. Don't like being forced to read every single title. I get it's a way for them to bring sales to titles like hellions and x factor, but it sucks for people only reading 2-3 books.

Will be reading it but not all the issues. Only picking up the issues of Hellions, Wolverine, X-Force, X-Men and also the one shots.

Yes. I plan to read it, and then buy the oversized HC and read it again when that comes out. I get my comics digitally and only collect in HC format. Which is nice for re-reading the material.

Yess I can't wait for it. News and covers are getting me all hyped up.

Right now I'm planning on reading all of it, but if it goes the way of Empyre: X-Men (all the writers fucking around and leaving Hickman to tie everything together) I'll probably drop off at some point.

I'm definitely not buying every book and may skip most of it depending on how it goes. It looks like most of my faves are probably missing from this event and I'm not all that hyped by the promo material. So I'm counting on you all for excellent reviews and plot summaries.

I guess I might pick up X-Force. But that will be it.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm definitely reading it but only the chapters/books I'm currently buying...with the exception of Cable, X-Factor and Wolverine.
    Luckily, there will be YT reviews of those chapters so I won't miss a thing.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Fantastic Member

Already getting X-Men, Marauders, XF, Excalibur, New Mutants and Wolverine so I'll spend a few extra bucks to get the Cable, Hellions and XFactor issues so I can read the whole thing.

I'm reading it but i'm nervous after reading the Empyre mini and reading how the writers take things. I hope Hickman keeps the writers in line because Empyre X-Men is a bloated mess.

I'm hoping they learned something from that experience and are more streamlined now.