Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    The SHIELD SW, where it is about spy craft?
    Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    The Inhuman SW, where it was about Inhumans?
    or do a bit of both, maybe have her lead a Black Ops Inhuman team?

SHIELD/Spy craft one.
    The other doesn't count.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Daisy has been depicted as being Asian-American since the show and her mother was established as being Asian.

So this is daisy's mother in comics?
    Nothing about her is any different than every other white American character, because for all intents and purposes that is all she is.
    Daisy johnson in comics is a bi-racial asian but looks intermediate type(brown) like the live action tv and animated ones.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Daisy johnson in comics is a bi-racial asian but looks intermediate type(brown) like the live action tv and animated ones.
    I know, but that does not change the basis of the character as designed over 15 years ago. She was prominent enough before they decided to do basically a retcon in the TV show. Just throwing her in Agents of Atlas would be lazy. As I said, everything about her character background says white American girl.

There are characters designed with the importance of their ancestry in mind, and those characters should get the focus and development and also be the representation Marvel builds on.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I know, but that does not change the basis of the character as designed over 15 years ago. She was prominent enough before they decided to do basically a retcon in the TV show. Just throwing her in Agents of Atlas would be lazy. As I said, everything about her character background says white American girl.
    There are characters who have been around for longer than Daisy who have had changes to them too. Putting her in Agents of Atlas doesn't have to be lazy if they actually do put effort into it.

There are characters designed with the importance of their ancestry in mind, and those characters should get the focus and development and also be the representation Marvel builds on.
    You know it isn't a zero-sum game, right? People wanting Daisy in Agents of Atlas is not the same thing as not wanting original minority characters to get development as well.

ForceWorks
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I read both short lived Agents of SHIELD comic series an liked both, the second with Deathlok and Mockingbird the most.

I would check out a Quake mini or ongoing although in today's publishing cycle it would be lucky to see 9-12 issues max.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I'm reluctant to put her on Agent of Atlas because i feel the new asian characters are overshadowed by the existing ones. Granted I'm not against her popping up as a guest star.

Her being retconned as biracial is not a big deal to me. Its probably not that big a deal to her either.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 08-19-2020 at 02:45 PM.