1bulma1

Default Chris Claremont is a superior writer to Mike Carey

So, The weather is nice and lovely in my place and I decided to pick up some of my old classic xmen graphic novels and I chose xtreme xmen from 2002 written by the great Chris Claremont. I am reading the first volume: Xtreme Xmen 1-10 and I must say I am blown away by Chris Claremomt's writing,depth and character interaction..it is just so brilliant, sick and epic.

I have not enjoyed any comic book so much since maybe Joss Wheedon’s Astonishing X-men run. Chris Claremront is really the best xmen writer of all time and boy does he write an epic Rogue. Sorry Mike Carey but if you want to see how rogue is written write her like Chris did in his xtreme xmen issues not the annoying self absorbed mary sue that mike carey’s rogue was in his xmen legacy run.

Chris is truly a genius, much love and respect to the man. He is by far superior to Carey as a comic writer to Mike Carey. The same Mike than most fans have hailed as the best xmen writer for the last 10 years. Chris is BOSS.
    Last edited by 1bulma1; 08-15-2014 at 07:31 AM.

BANNED

Still mad about Rogue + Magneto?

I liked Carey's Rogue, but completely agree that Claremont is a better writer.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

BANNED

Claremont once was a FANTASTIC writer...time's up old-fellow!

1bulma1

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    Still mad about Rogue + Magneto?
    naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Honestly I could care less about rogue and magneto. I stop caring for rogue even before she jumped into bed with a monster like magneto, rogue became very annoying after xmen legacy 233. its was so cliche how carey wrote her...everyone was in love with her and wanting her attention and opinion.

the whole magneto thing was generic and laughable.There is nothing to be mad about. it is even more laughable when you know you are reading mike's sexual fantasy of himself. Mike was obviously Magneto in his stories and rogue was his dream girl.you have to laugh at that and not get mad about it.

Claremont's work in not sexual fantasy it is artistic merit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 1bulma1 View Post
    naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Honestly I could care less about rogue and magneto. I stop caring for rogue even before she jumped into bed with a monster like magneto, rogue became very annoying after xmen legacy 233. its was so cliche how carey wrote her...everyone was in love with her and wanting her attention and opinion.

the whole magneto thing was generic and laughable.There is nothing to be mad about. it is even more laughable when you know you are reading mike's sexual fantasy of himself. Mike was obviously Magneto in his stories and rogue was his dream girl.you have to laugh at that and not get mad about it.

Claremont's work in not sexual fantasy it is artistic merit.
    There was no sexual fantasy in Storm The Arena?

I'm of the opinion that pretty much everything Carey did pre Legacy was varying degrees of awesome, but it's difficult to compare any X writer to Claremont, who very much is the undisputed father of modern X-Men. Supernovas is a wonderful arc.

And why can't there be any artistic merit in sexual fantasy? Don't let Alan Moore hear you say that.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

I agree 1bulma1. Xtreme is a great series. Nobody writes the XMen like Mr Claremont. #familyfeel

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenetik View Post
    Claremont once was a FANTASTIC writer...time's up old-fellow!
    I am 50/50 here.
    His runs were great and classic examples of past comic-storytelling. X-treme really harkened back to the classic days of the X-men in tone, overpowering and randomizing the characters, and agendas. When the art changed it really made me focus on the storytelling and realize how weak it had become.
    Trying to read him now, after all the different voices have come into the X-men line he really does not seem to have a place in the current generation of X-men. For me, The End was terrible, Forever was a mess, but honestly they were classic examples of the previous decade, I don't think they would have seemed as bad if they had been released when he had control of the line.
    Thank you for the time and the creations CC but his talents may be better served in a new capacity (plus he is not the most positive person when speaking of the X-men/Marvel lines so to put him iun control of a title, the bitterness would surely bleed onto the page).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    There was no sexual fantasy in Storm The Arena?
    Nope. There was not any in X-women either.