Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Retired

I went to see THE SIXTH SENSE early in its run, but there was already some buzz that it had a surprise. And being a Ralph Dibny fan from way back, I knew as soon as it happened what had happened to our Bruce. So the rest of the movie was just confirmation of what I already knew. However, this didn't ruin the movie--Toni Collette was great. It only bugged me toward the end when so many people gasped in awe. Really audience, have you not been watching the movie the whole time, how could you not see that coming?

Incredible Member

Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection. Well, I suppose they exist, but only as a bad dream Ripley has in hypersleep after the events of Aliens.

Taken 3. The first one was really good. The second was OK. The third is just crap.

Mortal Kombat Annihilation. WTF even was that?!

Of course, Indiana Jones has a damn form trilogy and nothing else. I'm ambivalent about the Young Indy show, I still haven't watched all of it.

Yeah, Taken 3 was pretty much just a Fugitive clone and lacked the sort of dark European setting of the first two films.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection. Well, I suppose they exist, but only as a bad dream Ripley has in hypersleep after the events of Aliens.

Taken 3. The first one was really good. The second was OK. The third is just crap.

Mortal Kombat Annihilation. WTF even was that?!

Of course, Indiana Jones has a damn form trilogy and nothing else. I'm ambivalent about the Young Indy show, I still haven't watched all of it.
    Yeah, for all it's popularity it's kind of interesting that there isn't much to the series beyond the films. While Star Wars has been pretty healthy outside the film, a lot of Indy merchandise has kind of landed with a dull thud with some exceptions (Some of the video games).

Maybe because some aspects of it are a bit too close to 'real life'. Also the difficulty of merchandising certain villains of the franchise....or even really, any character that isn't Indy himself.

James Bond seems to be more successful in part because it's usually moved along with the times-although Connery is still considered the best-isn't necessarily tied to one actor, whereas Indy seems stuck with Harrison. (Same can be said for Han Solo too, although there's more to Star Wars than just Han).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 08-22-2020 at 10:44 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Speed 2: Cruise Control

The Mummy 3: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

The Princess Diaries 2: I Have Forgotten the Subtitle for this one

Pretty much all the Disney direct to video sequels

I choose to pretend they don't exist not because they're terrible(though surely it doesn't help), but because how pointless and forgettable they are. They add nothing. Those franchise previously had good conclusions already. Now compare this with something like X-Men. Now, I hate X-Men: The Last Stand with every fiber of my being, but I can never pretend that it doesn't exist. It was too big, too important and had too much impact on the franchise.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    None of them? If I don't like a movie I'll just not watch it, no need to pretend it doesn't exist.
    How do you know you don't like a movie if you don't watch it?
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

The Mummy 3: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

The Princess Diaries 2: I Have Forgotten the Subtitle for this one

Pretty much all the Disney direct to video sequels

I choose to pretend they don't exist not because they're terrible(though surely it doesn't help), but because how pointless and forgettable they are. They add nothing. Those franchise previously had good conclusions already.
    Under that criteria, I could add the direct-to-video Land Before Time sequels, The Whole Ten Yards, and Cocoon 2.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I had forgotten about that one. Yes, definitely to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I went to see THE SIXTH SENSE early in its run, but there was already some buzz that it had a surprise. And being a Ralph Dibny fan from way back, I knew as soon as it happened what had happened to our Bruce. So the rest of the movie was just confirmation of what I already knew. However, this didn't ruin the movie--Toni Collette was great. It only bugged me toward the end when so many people gasped in awe. Really audience, have you not been watching the movie the whole time, how could you not see that coming?
    Good movie but I also had heard there was a trick to it. I caught it when he sat at the table with his wife and the chair was set out far enough he didn't have to move it and he didn't eat or move anything.

I had seen an Abbott and Costello movie where they were ghosts and used the same techniques which is what gave it away.

The only other movie by that director I've seen is "Unbreakable". I knew there was a trick but I didn't catch it.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Even if it came from the top to go more camp, it was still up to Schumacher to make it good camp. He did not. So I don't give him a pass. I also don't condemn him either though, Batman and Robin is a guilty pleasure of mine, and Lost Boys is still a classic. So his fault on his Batman movies, but he's not a bad filmmaker.
    Batman and Robin was the first film I paid to see in theaters that I regretted paying money to see. And I paid to see Battlefield: Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    And I paid to see Battlefield: Earth.
    I'm so terribly sorry for your loss.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss.
    Nah. I went with a friend, there were maybe five people total in the theater, and we spent the whole movie razzing on it. It was a great time.

Here is a movie I wish didn't exist- First Man. I have never before left a movie in the middle of it, but the shaky-cam in that movie made me so nauseous, I had to leave. And it kills me, because I love that era of NASA and I love those stories. And I think that movie was nominated for Best Cinematography.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Nah. I went with a friend, there were maybe five people total in the theater, and we spent the whole movie razzing on it. It was a great time.

Here is a movie I wish didn't exist- First Man. I have never before left a movie in the middle of it, but the shaky-cam in that movie made me so nauseous, I had to leave. And it kills me, because I love that era of NASA and I love those stories. And I think that movie was nominated for Best Cinematography.
    That movie was pretty good. I saw it on TV, so that shaking effect wasn't as pronounced. Did you see the Apollo 11 documentary that came out last year. All new NASA footage.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!