Default The Death of Comixology

I don't know if it's dead, but it does suck. (for the moment, at least. I'm hopeful they'll get around to fixing a lot of the issues in the coming months to make it at least better than it is now, but not so hopeful that it will be as good or better)

Fantastic Member

Why isn't CBR covering this? Seems to me this is the Deathstar blowing up Alderon and the #1 resource for comics is just ignoring it? This is a major hobby killer

Because there's a reason CBR doesn't use it's full name Comic Book Resources any more. They're NOT dedicated to comics now. I bet they're so focused on TV, movies and video games that they've forgotten that this is major news for comics that they should be reporting on.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Nods View Post
    Why isn't CBR covering this? Seems to me this is the Deathstar blowing up Alderon and the #1 resource for comics is just ignoring it? This is a major hobby killer
    Wait a minute - they ARE covering it. But I found that through Google, not CBR itself! Why isn't it on the front page?
    https://www.cbr.com/amazon-comixolog...omic-creators/
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wait a minute - they ARE covering it. But I found that through Google, not CBR itself! Why isn't it on the front page?
    https://www.cbr.com/amazon-comixolog...omic-creators/
    It's on their comic news front page.

https://www.cbr.com/category/comics/news/

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Already a thread in progress...

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...logy-page-help

This one was originally posted in the DC Comics section, and LordUltimus posted another in the Marvel section. Why was this thread moved? Either all three threads should've been merged or they should've been left alone - I actually think they'd get more attention in the DC and Marvel sections.

I do think it's a bit premature to proclaim it as the Death of Comixology.
    That would be like saying someone's died when they're admitted into ICU.

Right now, Comixology is mangled up something serious.
    Amazon still has time to fix it.
    If they do fix it, and everything works like it supposed to, will that mean that Comixology was Resurrected?
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    If they do fix it, and everything works like it supposed to, will that mean that Comixology was Resurrected?
    Rebirth. .

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I hope it's not the end. Thats the sole way I get my comics now. I don't have my own transportation and it cuts down that hassle. Plus, it takes care of another problem such as storage. I really don't have the space for floppies anymore. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I hope it's not the end. Thats the sole way I get my comics now. I don't have my own transportation and it cuts down that hassle. Plus, it takes care of another problem such as storage. I really don't have the space for floppies anymore. :-/
    It's not the end. While things are definitely glitchy, and navigation can be a problem, people for the most part are overreacting. Also Comixology posted yesterday about all the problems and that they are working on them. Most people seem to be ignoring that just like they ignored the original FAQ Comixology released talking about the changes. As far as I am aware no one has actually lost their libraries or their Wish Lists. Yes there are problems but there are also some cool new features like being to make collections in your library. All I'm saying is take a deep breath and hang in there. I am confident that it will get better. Amazon is a business in it to make money. They don't make money by driving customers away. Period.

So now you can't buy on the app, or even know how much books cost. Searching on Amazon is frustrating and thankless. And just try to look through bargains and sales, fruitless.
    I guess Amazon is just too big to care. They pr5bought it just to eliminate the competition, not to make it usable. They just want the digital market to themselves.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

they have been slowly improving the reader but it's still inferior to the one Comixlogy had. I know Amazon had bought them several years ago and they had enough time to figure out how to duplicate it. But is really is pretty wonky for me still when I use my PC.

Luckily if you have an Ipad, the Marvel App will recognize any comic you redeemed with the digital code