Incredible Member

Default Inter-Superhero Romances

So I had a question about some of the possible romances between heroes within DC Comics so I thought I'd create a thread for the whole concept. Here are my questions.

1) I know that there is a longstanding rivalry between Power Girl and Wildcat based on his chauvinistic attitude, but I've also read at least once that he may be attracted to her. Is there any hints in comics of a budding romance between these two?

2) Kingdom Come shows a world in which Captain Marvel Jr. and Mary Marvel have a child. One of my few comic experiences with them is Crisis, in which he calls her "sis." Have these two ever been shown to have a thing, or is it only in Kingdom Come?

3) Question and Huntress have a relationship in the DCAU. Has this ever been a thing in the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post

1) I know that there is a longstanding rivalry between Power Girl and Wildcat based on his chauvinistic attitude, but I've also read at least once that he may be attracted to her. Is there any hints in comics of a budding romance between these two?
    Depending on where continuity lands for them, there might be a huge age difference?

2) Kingdom Come shows a world in which Captain Marvel Jr. and Mary Marvel have a child. One of my few comic experiences with them is Crisis, in which he calls her "sis." Have these two ever been shown to have a thing, or is it only in Kingdom Come?
    They have fun at it in the new (ugh blond) version of Freddy.

Which is fine, but yeah long term I prefer they end up seeing each-other as brother and sister. I don't ever need to see them end up together, or have a kid LOL!
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-19-2020 at 11:15 AM.

Extraordinary Member

So I had a question about some of the possible romances between heroes within DC Comics so I thought I'd create a thread for the whole concept. Here are my questions.

3) Question and Huntress have a relationship in the DCAU. Has this ever been a thing in the comics?
    1. No.
    2. I don't know.
    3. Doubt it. At least not with Sage.

Before the DCAU pairing, they were kinda close in the "Huntress: Cry for Blood" mini. He helped her out when she was having a tough time, but I don't recall seeing it go very far romantically - at least not officially.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 08-19-2020 at 10:02 AM.

Sometimes they work out, other times, well...

You KNOW they're about the same age, but when Billy goes Marvel, it just feels off.

Sorry for the tangent, but when did Courtney have a staff like that??

But to bring it back on topic, the JSA seemed to flirt with the idea of Dr Mid-Nite (Cross) and Black Canary pairing up. I really liked it at the time, but then it seemed to fizzle out and they of course brought her back with Green Arrow.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Sorry for the tangent, but when did Courtney have a staff like that??

But to bring it back on topic, the JSA seemed to flirt with the idea of Dr Mid-Nite (Cross) and Black Canary pairing up. I really liked it at the time, but then it seemed to fizzle out and they of course brought her back with Green Arrow.
    She was hosting the Christmas parade that year?

Incredible Member

Yeah, just getting out of the way all the pairings that writers have thought of, from just mutual attraction all the way to marriage, there’s...

Wonder Woman & Superman
    Wonder Woman & Batman
    Wonder Woman & Aquaman
    Wonder Woman & Nemesis
    Black Canary & Green Arrow
    Black Canary & Doctor Mid-Nite
    Black Canary & Batman (it’s true, google it)
    Power Girl & Aquaman
    Power Girl & Hal Jordan
    Power Girl & Hawkman
    Wonder Girl II & Superboy
    Wonder Girl II & Robin III
    Stephanie Brown & Robin III
    Jade & Kyle Rayner
    Donna Troy & Kyle Rayner
    Donna Troy & Roy Harper
    Hawkgirl & Roy Harper
    Hawkgirl & Hawkman
    Hawkwoman & Hawkman
    Nightshade & Nemesis
    Stargirl & Captain Marvel
    Liberty Belle I & Johnny Quick
    Liberty Belle II & Housman II
    Hippolyta & Wildcat
    Barbara Gordon & Dick Grayson
    Starfire & Dick Grayson
    Helena Wayne & Dick Grayson (Earth-2)
    Aquagirl & Garth
    Dolphin & Garth
    Dolphin & Aquaman
    Raven & Beast Boy
    Saturn Girl & Lightning Lad

If I remember right, there’s also Duo Damsel & Bouncing Boy and Supergirl & Brainiac 5, though I’m not sure it was ever shown that his attraction to her was reciprocated (as in the DCAU). Did Triplicate Girl and Karate Kid have a thing in Countdown or were they just good friends? You know it’s been said once an audience sees a man and a woman together they assume they’re going to fall in love. Maybe that’s why Mary Marvel & Captain Marvel Jr. got thrown together

Just to name a few. I’ve never read The New 52 but apparently there’s stuff like Starfire & Jason Todd?
    Last edited by Slimybug; 08-19-2020 at 03:03 PM.