Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Hickman will no doubt have Wanda performing ritual sacrifice of her son Wiccan to undo the M-day next and he will be stuck in limbo/ hell crying pathetically unused for the next fifteen years or so sort of like Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Thats nonsense, plenty of Bendis characters have mental health problems. Wanda hurt others because she viewed them as lego and not people. And that is down to the nature of her powers
    And Wanda's wasn't portrayed as an actual mental illness. They did not even bother with an actual diagnosis. Did not have her treated by anyone qualified. It's just she's baby crazy and gonna take it out on everyone that she has daddy issues. Even though she didn't have much to do with him. Daddy issues btw consist of someone needing approval of their father. Wanda just never cared. I don't care how many characters of his have mental illness. He didn't do a good job there.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Also this, itīs sad how comics often equal mental illness with evilness but I didnīt see Bendis Wanda a evil, just unstable, it was dark phoenix all over again, just that this time neither Bendis or marvel planned to give Wanda a complete character arc that was about her, not wolverine, avengers, x-men or mutants.
    It created such vitriol for the character that it still exists to this day, so I don't think everyone was in agreement that she wasn't evil.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    And Wanda's wasn't portrayed as an actual mental illness. They did not even bother with an actual diagnosis. Did not have her treated by anyone qualified. It's just she's baby crazy and gonna take it out on everyone that she has daddy issues. Even though she didn't have much to do with him. Daddy issues btw consist of someone needing approval of their father. Wanda just never cared. I don't care how many characters of his have mental illness. He didn't do a good job there.
    Wanda perceiving people as lego is no different to how the Phoenix or Galactus view people as ants. Or how a toddler views drawing on a canvas with crayons only difference is the paper lives and breathes and bleeds but that goes unrecognised

Ya know the funniest part about all this why Genosha? Like Wanda of all the things she could do to make amends she thought resurrecting genoshan mutants was the way to go even though to my knowledge she had nothing to do with those deaths. What she should have been doing was a massive spell to restore all the powers of mutants from M-Day much simpler I'm sure and less risky, sis just loves to make problems for herself.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

It created such vitriol for the character that it still exists to this day, so I don't think everyone was in agreement that she wasn't evil.
    Agreed but I think this has more to do with marvel deciding to do something with Wanda and decimation way too late. Even childrenīs crusade is more about Wiccan and the young avengers than about her and it didnīt really change decimation. It should have done at least one of those things.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Wanda perceiving people as lego is no different to how the Phoenix or Galactus view people as ants. Or how a toddler views drawing on a canvas with crayons only difference is the paper lives and breathes and bleeds but that goes unrecognised
    It'd have been nice for them to treat it like a full illness instead of just to serve the plot. But they decided that her narrative in it didn't matter. Things had to happen that they had planned, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed but I think this has more to do with marvel deciding to do something with Wanda and decimation way too late. Even childrenīs crusade is more about Wiccan and the young avengers than about her and it didnīt really change decimation. It should have done at least one of those things.
    They keep trying to bandaid it. It's never gonna work. The limb needs removed. They just need to reboot.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Explodey Boy was heart warming

Magik made me chuckle

The Beast acknowledgement was good.

The art I liked a lot.

I hated the way Dr. Strange treated Wanda. And I'm not even a Wanda stan. I hope when Hickman does circle back to that. He treats her better and makes her more competent.

ALSO I HATE HATE HATE that they dropped this Shadow King bomb on us. And then he completely disappears. Why were the telepaths even there? Was it to boost Krakoa? Cause they didnt show that at all.

This tie-in was a miss for me. But I did like the 1st and last issue.

Maybe this was just a test to see what we responded to and what we didnt.
    I picked up issues 1 & 2 simply for the psychics, I wanted to see them used creatively and as the calvary instead we got the last two issues. I get my hopes up only to be disappointed!

They keep trying to bandaid it. It's never gonna work. The limb needs removed. They just need to reboot.
    U want them to reboot 616? Erasing the problem seems cheap a good redemption arc would be better IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    U want them to reboot 616? Erasing the problem seeps cheap a good redemption arc would be better IMO.
    No, I want them to reboot Wanda. Again, they've tried redemption. They bungle it each time. This one doesn't feel less sexist than before.

No, I want them to reboot Wanda.
    in what regard? She's been retconed more times than I can count.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Ya know the funniest part about all this why Genosha? Like Wanda of all the things she could do to make amends she thought resurrecting genoshan mutants was the way to go even though to my knowledge she had nothing to do with those deaths. What she should have been doing was a massive spell to restore all the powers of mutants from M-Day much simpler I'm sure and less risky, sis just loves to make problems for herself.
    I think because Genosha is a symbol of mutant loss and she wanted to do something about it as part of her atoning process, yes she could have done something about decimation too but my guess is that probably would have gone badly as well given the connection she has with Chton caotic energies. Something similar happess with Magik too, most of her spells have some malice, even healing ones, because her magic is connected to Limbo.

I think she just needs a good writer to make a story entierely from her pov that deals with her story in an upfront way to put some order there. Robinson did well making her a more active magician, sheīs dealing with her present, now she has to deal with her past to truly move foward.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

in what regard? She's been retconed more times than I can count.
    Yes, a retcon keeps everything from before. But changes little things. She needs a full reboot. Remove the inconsistent parts of her characterization. Establish once and for all what her origin is. Keep heavy stipulation that this is the character and nothing is changed. Remove her from the x-side. It never did her any good.

BANNED

I didnt necessarly see this as an ofense to wandas skill since strange praticaly repeats the spell with a order godhead, so her stuff was correct and it was clearly extremely powerfull that it takes 30 days to dissipate.

shes just, like ghost jean said. : a textbook narcissist addicted to chaos.
    Im glad shes finally getting properly called out for her constant and nonstop stupidity, since every other avenger treated her like she was a poor victim