Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Remember back when the Beyonder showed that Strange’s greatest fantasy was sleeping with Wanda and Clea at the same time.

Good times.

Obviously Strange was a huge jerk but overall this issue was pretty kind to Wanda, she's been humanized and the in the ending we're supposed to empathize with her.

This was great and I loved all the Explodey Boy scenes. Should've known that Hickman would bring it even though the last two issues were a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Obviously Strange was a huge jerk but overall this issue was pretty kind to Wanda, she's been humanized and the in the ending we're supposed to empathize with her.

This was great and I loved all the Explodey Boy scenes. Should've known that Hickman would bring it even though the last two issues were a mess.
    Yes, I understand that the approach is "Strange is a patronizing jerk and Wanda, even with her faults, is a good person and wants to fix what she has done."

It's the first time I've empathized with Wanda in years. I feel bad for her. She is impulsive but has a good heart.

Extraordinary Member

I've been saying since issue 2 that this mini is just dumb fun like a Michael Bay movie, down to the most important character having explosions as his power. Best not to think too much about it and just accept the nonsense action and 1-liners.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

It was a good book.

#1 and #4 are good; #2-3 were messes.

The bad parts of #4 were when it had to wrap up the left-overs from #2-3.

The experiment of letting all the writers off their leashes to try to one-up each other was a failure.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

So Leah Williams writes Strange as compassionate but Hickman writes him as the Asshole Absolute.

Based.
    "Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member

Still felt pointless. I just can't picture Sinister, Shadow King, Mastermind, and Selene going there and helping and saying or doing nothing.

The Strange/Wanda stuff went too long. As well as the Explodey Boy thing. Feels like more questions than answers about how there was 2 of them.

I really hope we don't have to deal with Hordeculture again.

Incredible Member

Is Explodey Boy Bailey Hoskins from Worst X-Man Ever?

Astonishing Member

This tie-in as a whole has me a bit dehyped for X of Swords. If the writing is gonna be this uneven it’ll be unbearable. Hickman stands head and shoulders above his co-writers and it’s very noticeable. And that speaks to the quality of Dawn of X as a whole, but that’s a separate discussion.

Great issue even if Strange was a bit too harsh on Wanda, especially taking into account his own frequent fuck ups with dark magic. But as others pointed out, whenever Hickman gets hold of a character with the slightest bit of ego or influence he kinda writes them as bigger jerks than they already are.

Astonishing Member

Considering all the stunts that most of the Marvel 'heroes' have pulled over the years, NONE of them should be criticizing Wanda or trying to play holier than thou.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Wanda saved Illyana. Her timing couldn’t be more perfect.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I really liked this issue, the moment with the Explodey Boys was unexpectedly touching. Dr. strange was acting as the voice of X-Fans here more so than what I think he would actually do or say in this situation, but I'm not mad about it. It was stuff Wanda needed to hear, and we can see now that she does have remorse which is a huge step up from other writers' interpretations, and it seems really likely that Hickman isn't finished with her so I'm looking forward to what happens there. The art was also great.

The series as a whole was a mess though. They really should have just let one writer each handle issues 2 and 3. And ultimately the X-Men were kind of a non presence in their own book, although the only character I really wanted more from was Monet.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Wanda saved Illyana. Her timing couldn’t be more perfect.
    Wanda didnt do anything to save Illyana. If she hadnt started this mess, no one would be in danger to begin with

Wanda saved the EARTH because if the Cotati had gotten faster to Wakanda using Genosha then they would've had eradicated sentient life on the galaxy using vibranium. Avengers who?

By the end of Hickman's run Wanda will be an Quiet Council member, change her codename to Pretender and hate the Avengers for mistreating her all those years <3
    Last edited by nandes; 08-19-2020 at 07:48 AM.

BANNED

does "saving" even matter since x-men have turned death into a meme?