Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Unhappy

I hate to be that dude but doesn't this issue confirm those resurrected are clones? Definitely pegs more questions for the souls or lack there of aspect of it all, Kurt has his work cut out for him with this new religion he's working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I hate to be that dude but doesn't this issue confirm those resurrected are clones? Definitely pegs more questions for the souls or lack there of aspect of it all, Kurt has his work cut out for him with this new religion he's working on.
    What makes zombie Explodey Boy more valid than Krakoa Explodey Boy?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    What makes zombie Explodey Boy more valid than Krakoa Explodey Boy?
    Because zombie boy's body was made from original factory parts

I thought the Explodey Boy scenes were meant to prove the opposite, that the zombies were constructs and Wanda's efforts didn't completely **** up the lives off 16 million mutants since they weren't truly brought back to life.

BANNED

no, it said that the resurrected are actually the alive ones and everyone else is a clone
    it was implying that the resurrected zombie explodie boy was not actually truly alive

We knew they were clones since HOX #5

IDK I personally don't understand what Hickman was going for I do think this is just more proof as to why they need to chill with the excessive resurrections, and stop killing characters for shock.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Because zombie boy's body was made from original factory parts
    So when Otto Octavius's mind was in Peter Parker's body was he the real Peter Parker?

This is a complicated philosophical debate and not an easy thing to resolve. What makes you you? We've seen Apocalypse die, be resurrected by the Five, and still be able to perform magic rituals. If magic comes from the soul, how could Apocalypse not have his soul?

Betsy maintained her connection to Otherworld even when she was in Kwannon's body.

There are hundreds of different types of clones and resurrections at Marvel and we can't assume anything until it's explicitly stated.

This was without a doubt the best issue of the four. This mini proved that insane action and massive stakes are no substitute for decent writing. Who would’ve thought that the most fun moment would’ve been a conversation between a boy and his corpse?

It just makes you wonder like how many Kid Omegas are burning in hell right now if we're to assume they all have souls?

It just makes you wonder like how many Kid Omegas are burning in hell right now if we're to assume they all have souls?
    We don't know if Zombie Explodey Boy has a soul. It may simply be the psionic residue of his body reanimated by black magic.

We know that in the Marvel Universe it is possible for a cloning to maintain the original soul of the person, like the system devised by the Jackal in The Clone Conspirancy.

For example, Ben Reily has a different soul than Peter Parker, but when Ben Reily died and was cloned several times, he always kept the same soul: Ben Reily's.

It depends on the method used.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Remember back when the Beyonder showed that Strange’s greatest fantasy was sleeping with Wanda and Clea at the same time.

Good times.
    Strange is pretty much walking cis-het privilege by this point. I bet he's done way worse **** than reanimate millions of corpses as zombies, and he's there negging Wanda over a minor slip-up.

The zombie(s) are probably similar to the Zombie-Carol that attacked Rogue in the savage land. Psychic residues that have memories and feelings, but are not the person themselves.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Strange is pretty much walking cis-het privilege by this point. I bet he's done way worse **** than reanimate millions of corpses as zombies, and he's there negging Wanda over a minor slip-up.
    damnation says hi

So much fun. Thoroughly enjoyed this issue. Hilarious and beautiful art. A little lightness is just what the doctor ordered these days.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!