Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

This was goooood. I have absolutely no idea what's going on, like none but the art was really pretty, the coloring was beautiful and the team seems to truly care about each other. It was good. Sometime's all the story needs to do is move i guess.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpack! View Post
    Disappointing for a number of reasons.

1.) Shogo was with Betsy, Rogue, Gambit, and Rictor... and THEN he's suddenly captured by the Green Priestesses who are tending to him?

2.) Jubilee going from attacking the White Priestesses to suddenly being locked away in a magic tree.

3.) What were Betsy, Rogue, Gambit, and Rictor doing while Jubilee was attacking? Or when she got captured? They WEREN'T watching her son, apparently. I know 'rona threw everything out the window, but that's a major gaffe in continuity from just two issues back!

4.) So... Excalibur gets there and... what? Betsy is just going to brush over the fact that Saturnyne ordered a hit on Jubilee's son? It's just no ceasefire.

That said... A couple of things I did like...

A.) The callback to Candra and her heart. That's a piece of continuity I never expected to see picked up again. Nevermind that didn't Cyclops destroy that thing?

B.) Didn't mind Rogue telling Gambit to go rob them. I kind of saw that as Rogue thinking "To heck with this (censored), go cause some trouble, Sugah."

C.) I would hope that isn't Candra's heart, because Gambit should know what it is. He's had more history with Candra than anyone.

D.) What you up to, -A-?
    'Ok so i was trying to be positive and then you brought all this up. And i'm like yeah it was better than other issues. But TH has a trend of just jump from here to there to here. It's like she edits herself and cuts things out to the point where some of her story doesnt make sense. Le sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpack! View Post
    Disappointing for a number of reasons.

1.) Shogo was with Betsy, Rogue, Gambit, and Rictor... and THEN he's suddenly captured by the Green Priestesses who are tending to him?

2.) Jubilee going from attacking the White Priestesses to suddenly being locked away in a magic tree.

3.) What were Betsy, Rogue, Gambit, and Rictor doing while Jubilee was attacking? Or when she got captured? They WEREN'T watching her son, apparently. I know 'rona threw everything out the window, but that's a major gaffe in continuity from just two issues back!

4.) So... Excalibur gets there and... what? Betsy is just going to brush over the fact that Saturnyne ordered a hit on Jubilee's son? It's just no ceasefire.

That said... A couple of things I did like...

A.) The callback to Candra and her heart. That's a piece of continuity I never expected to see picked up again. Nevermind that didn't Cyclops destroy that thing?

B.) Didn't mind Rogue telling Gambit to go rob them. I kind of saw that as Rogue thinking "To heck with this (censored), go cause some trouble, Sugah."

C.) I would hope that isn't Candra's heart, because Gambit should know what it is. He's had more history with Candra than anyone.

D.) What you up to, -A-?
    This made me laugh because it's all so true. But yet i still found it goood because of the art. But, THIS is all true.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxx View Post
    I am so confused about last issue LOL It feels like you could from 9 to 11 and you wouldn't miss anything. What was issue 10 all about??
    A rough summary would be that Jamie created a new Captain Britain corps from pocket realities based on Betsy's inner struggles with the Capt. Britain mantle. For reasons that we don't know yet.

cant wait for this story to be over, feels like a lifetime has passed since it started
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

I'm enjoying Excalibur far more than I thought I would. Rictor still feels like a plain character without much personality but he's never stood out to me, and Gambit still feels out of place (despite his Thieves Guild stories back in the day having mystical aspects to them), but it feels like Excalibur and Apocalypse surprisingly fits in very well despite that being one of my biggest reservations before the series started. I think it's honestly the comic I look forward to the most each month right now just due to the intrigue with the Otherworld/Apocalypse plot.
    Last edited by Chainsaw Vigilante; 08-19-2020 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Vigilante View Post
    I'm enjoying Excalibur far more than I thought I would. Rictor still feels like a plain character without much personality but he's never stood out to me, and Gambit still feels out of place (despite his Thieves Guild stories back in the day having mystical aspects to them), but it feels like Excalibur and Apocalypse surprisingly fits in very well despite that being one of my biggest reservations before the series started. I think it's honestly the comic I look forward to the most each month right now just due to the intrigue with the Otherworld/Apocalypse plot.
    I'm with ya. There are certainly some odd things and some issues have been very lacking but I'm enjoying the ride, crash helmet and all.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I took for granted that Gambit probably recognized Candra's gem, but I suppose that's not actually confirmed here. He *should* know, but then ... he should be a lot of things that haven't been happening ...

If he DOES know, then having it will be some useful ammo later when things inevitably go sideways with A.

The ease of the theft is what makes me uncertain about the intentions at play here. Did she LEAVE it unlocked under the assumption they'd take it? Did A somehow assume Gambit would find and take it? Probably a stretch logical plotwise. Is A working through Rogue to find the gem? Possibly. Is Saturnyne trying to secretly pass it to A? They appear to be in opposition? Nothing is clear about this plot. I might find it charming if I wasn't kind of exhausted with it. With issue 12 approaching, time to pay the piper and give us some answers.

Wasn't Candra's gem already destroyed years ago?

glad i reread excalbur 1-10 over the weekend.. it helped with this issue.. i was so confused with 9 & 10 but i believe it was cause of the release gap we had due to covid.

i would highly recommend u guys to go back and reread it

enjoyed apocalypse and rictor during this issue

series is a struggle alot of ideas but the execution isn't rite.. hopefully next issue delivers

I enjoyed this issue very much, but there was one scene that left me feeling a bit torn:

jubilee_11.jpg

On one hand, as a fan of Jubilee since her introduction in 1989 I'm a little shocked by how out of character this seems. She seems genuinely determined to kill Saturnyne and her priestesses out of pure rage and raw vengeance (to the point where the scene a few panels later where she says "I'm done now" and seems more quiescent actually seems like a calculated act), but that's not Jubilee.

On the other hand, as a mom...yeah, I totally get it. They hurt her child. Killkillkill. It's hard to reconcile the lethal intent of that scene with the character conveying it, but that's a mother.

I'm simultaneously delighted and confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    glad i reread excalbur 1-10 over the weekend.. it helped with this issue.. i was so confused with 9 & 10 but i believe it was cause of the release gap we had due to covid.

i would highly recommend u guys to go back and reread it

enjoyed apocalypse and rictor during this issue

series is a struggle alot of ideas but the execution isn't rite.. hopefully next issue delivers
    I agree that it reads so much better in a single read. I also reread everything last week.

The thing is that it's got too much stuff in each issue so after a month you start to forget the tiny details that she wants to matter.

Fantastic Member

What is this jumbled mess?? I know it may not be pc but geez i miss Psylocke-Betsy. Betsy as Captain Britain has done absolutely nothing. They've wasted everything

Ultimate Member

I wonder if she's become less popular since the change to an English body, so far she's been stuck in a satellite book and not really done much of anything and been excluded from most of what is going on in the X-verse, that could change with the big crossover, or she could just be used because she has a sword...

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Wasn't Candra's gem already destroyed years ago?
    Yes, but so was Candra (due to the gem being destroyed) and she regenerated/came back as well.