Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Wolverine #4 "The Red Tavern" Spoiler/Review

After the issue's preview when Logan and The Quiet Council end their audience, Logan goes to a remote bar in the middle of nowhere to relax or at least tried to. And Percy shows that he really read a lot of Wolverine, because he references a member of The Brotherhood from Rucka's run and one of the imates from that asylum that Logan was imprisoned in Aaron's Weapon X, plus some disturbing reveals about Gorgon that don't surprised me, he is a Millar characther after all. It also turns than the group is a bucnh mutant haters that think that tried to enact vengeance on Logan for killing one of then. They don't get the chance to do that and Omega Red appears and killed then and hands Logan to Dracula and his forces.

Sorry for the messy recap, but overall is a decent issue, mostly Logan reflecting on his nature and still not being quite comfortable on Krakoa because he still expect the other shoe to drop. Plus some good use for Omega Red and Bogadovic artwork makes the issue a lot better. Didn't quite live up to mu expectations but is good enougth.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

It was a good issue. There is no duo more iconic than Wolverine and a seedy bar. I know the exploration of Logan's angst and past mistakes can get quite repetitive sometime, but it's been well executed so far.

A decent issue that was backed by some fantastic art. Still loving this series though.

Enjoyed this issue. Get him away from the Hickman/Krakoa nonsense is when Logan is at his best.

That final page was beautiful in a dark, twisted way!

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    It was a good issue. There is no duo more iconic than Wolverine and a seedy bar. I know the exploration of Logan's angst and past mistakes can get quite repetitive sometime, but it's been well executed so far.
    Oh i don't mind that i just wanted to see more of the vampires subplot, i like Percy's voice for Logan 95% of the time. And as i said i think that the artwork was perfect for the mood of the story and i love how Omega Red was in the issue.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxx View Post
    That final page was beautiful in a dark, twisted way!
    Agreed. This was a great issue, and very well illustrated.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    After the issue's preview when Logan and The Quiet Council end their audience, Logan goes to a remote bar in the middle of nowhere to relax or at least tried to. And Percy shows that he really read a lot of Wolverine, because he references a member of The Brotherhood from Rucka's run and one of the imates from that asylum that Logan was imprisoned in Aaron's Weapon X, plus some disturbing reveals about Gorgon that don't surprised me, he is a Millar characther after all. It also turns than the group is a bucnh mutant haters that think that tried to enact vengeance on Logan for killing one of then. They don't get the chance to do that and Omega Red appears and killed then and hands Logan to Dracula and his forces.

Sorry for the messy recap, but overall is a decent issue, mostly Logan reflecting on his nature and still not being quite comfortable on Krakoa because he still expect the other shoe to drop. Plus some good use for Omega Red and Bogadovic artwork makes the issue a lot better. Didn't quite live up to mu expectations but is good enougth.
    Honestly, I feel the same way. As much as I want mutants as a whole to not just survive, but finally thrive . . . with all the mutant villains being given clean slates by Krakoa despite their past wrongdoings and a number of them not changing their ways regardless of the second chance(s) they've been given, I feel like it's only a matter of time before one (or more) of them does something to f*** it up for everybody on Krakoa.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

This was good as shit. I wish this guy was the regular artist. Reminds me of Greg Capullo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozack View Post
    This was good as shit. I wish this guy was the regular artist. Reminds me of Greg Capullo.
    Well you’re in luck because he’ll be drawing this story. As of now he and Kubert are both drawing different arcs of the book.

I thought this was a good issue but I felt like it needed more. Almost like the book was just a long preview as opposed to the start of a story. Still enjoyed it though.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Great issue. Omega Red arrival was massive! Loved it.

Percy created all his books into best DOX books, lol. Wolverine fans are lucky.

I really liked the slow build-up towards that final panel. It made the sight of the vampire army so impactful.

Spectacular Member

I guess I just have missed a quite important storyline somewhere along the line. When did Logan lose the full memory recall he got out of House of M? I only ask because otherwise I could have been reading any solo Wolverine story from roughly 1995 to 2008, minus the Krakoa references, which isn't a bad thing, just pretty dated.

And how did the Red Right Hand miss some of these guys? They'd have been perfect for that old storyline.

That said, Logan in front of the Quiet Council was 'chef's kiss' brilliant. Hey Magneto, can you feel the love?

Quote Originally Posted by Nullviahomo View Post
    I guess I just have missed a quite important storyline somewhere along the line. When did Logan lose the full memory recall he got out of House of M? I only ask because otherwise I could have been reading any solo Wolverine story from roughly 1995 to 2008, minus the Krakoa references, which isn't a bad thing, just pretty dated.

And how did the Red Right Hand miss some of these guys? They'd have been perfect for that old storyline.

That said, Logan in front of the Quiet Council was 'chef's kiss' brilliant. Hey Magneto, can you feel the love?
    Well during Cullen Bunn short run he lost some memories permanently, but i think that in this was someone messing with his mind, my guest is that either Omega Red or the vampires did something him when he went to France. Or maybe the bartender put something on his drink to disoreinting him.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Viktor Bogdanovic make this book feels like the unholy child of spawn, batman, and that venom book which Robert Kirkman and Todd Mcfarlane. He really channels Greg Capullo in the best way possible.