Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sataniel View Post
    That doesn't stick with Eternals (which trailers even reference).
    I'm aware. My point is that Makkari being female might have something to do with him/her/them coming back to life, and not necessarily the character being trans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I though it was Titanis not Makkari ?
    The CBR article says pretty directly that is Makkari. They were the ones who received the exclusive cover from Marvel, so... unless they got the wrong info, I'm assuming that's true. The character design IS a lot closer to previous Makkari designs than Titanis'.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sersi in purple looks weird.
    I don't know why, but my first thought was that it was Elysius there, not Sersi. I guess because modern Sersi has been depicted with the green thing on her hair, maybe... but it could be her. She's definitely more high profile than Elysius.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Gonna be harsh here, but the Guardians were nobody's before the film and film synergy. They were niche even among comic fans. It's sad for fans who liked and were familiar with the team prior seeing them change, but the fact is the change made them more popular than they ever were. They went from forgettable nobody's to instantly recognizable. It's the sad truth of it all, they less popular the character/team the more likely they are to be changed and the more likely they will be more popular for it.
    Sure they got a significant sale jump. But you are making a faulty assumption that changes contributed significantly to the boosted sales. Considering many other cases where it didn't work, I wouldn't say that's likely.

It's not like my Marvel pull list is that big that I couldn't afford to try this out.

I never really cared about the Eternals to the utmost. Never hated them but they were never a "cult" favorite of mine. More or less the analog to DC's New Gods characters. Full respect to King Kirby, of course. But none of the "ongoing" series really took off in a huge way before. As far as I'm concerned the franchise is open to a reboot, especially since they are immortal. As far as exactly how Makkari is handled, well.. we'll see, I guess?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Some variant covers I found on Twitter:

Looks like Zuras might play a big part on this.

I think the lady with the purple outfit is definitely Sersi, now that I see her with the green power signature.

I'm assuming the one with the armor and katana is Kingo.

And now I'm confused 'cause that's definitely Sprite on the first one, and they look female on this cover (or maybe Sprite is just a fem twink now, LOL)... but then who's the kid on the trailer that also looks like Sprite, but male? Maybe the book will be dealing with alternative versions of those characters? That could explain it. The cover with Zuras does seem to hint at different versions of him...
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-19-2020 at 03:32 PM.

Hope Ribic stays for more than an arc and Gillen brings his A game.
    I have no real attachment to the Eternals beyond Sersi, so the eventual changes to the source material wouldn't bother me as long as they work well and aren't done just for the sake of synergy. We don't need more Fury Jrs.

Astonishing Member

I hope Demon-Dragon Zu appears. I know nothing other then thats a cool name and thats enough for me

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    So, first of all: KIERON GILLEN IS BACK ON A MARVEL UNIVERSE TITLE!!!!! I'm so happy about this. I was so sure they were gonna give this to Jason Aaron, but I'm glad Gillen got the gig. Really interested to see what he does with the franchise. Esad Ribić on art is also very promising.

So is Makkari really a black woman now? I'm..... not sure how to feel about this. The first thought is obviously SYNERGY and I'm not crazy about it. But then looking at the trailer, it LOOKS like Sprite is back and he's still a boy, unlike the movies. So I don't know. I'm gonna wait to see what the deal is with this.

I wouldn't be so sure about this. Last time we saw Makkari, he was dead. It's possible this is some body swapping/reincarnation sort of thing. Also, being trans doesn't explain how the character's race was suddenly changed. Your skin color doesn't change when you go through gender transition, so there is more to this story. I just hope it's well done and explained, or it can get very messy. Like another Psylocke situation, which I think Marvel shouldn't be stupid enough to do it again.

Yeah, I feel it is explained in the book but with Gillen writting it I would love to see the idea of Makkari being trans but we'll see

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Have the Eternals come back from the dead from Aaron's Avengers yet?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Have the Eternals come back from the dead from Aaron's Avengers yet?
    Not that I'm aware of, but it looks like that'll be addressed mainly by this series.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ameri View Post
    Yeah, I feel it is explained in the book but with Gillen writting it I would love to see the idea of Makkari being trans but we'll see
    I mean the eternal are cosmic gods, changing their appernce should be easy. The only worry is how its handled.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

timthumb.jpg another cover