Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Hmmm hate it when the comics follow the movies, anyways.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

BANNED

In

And I hate synergy and I’m not a fan of ribic on art but I do enjoy Sersi tales since the 90s.

Hope the black knight shows up, need that 90s reunion.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Gillens Iron Man book somewhat dulled my excitement for him as a writer.

Still, he's done a lot of stuff I like and I think he's potentially a solid fit for this franchise. I might be willing to give it a shot.
    Agreed.

Gilles work starts off strong and descends into dullness...but still, I’ll give this a shot. His Star Wars work was quite strong.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Yes, please. I’ve been dying for an Eternals book, and Gillen writing? Instantly sold.

People complaining about the BossLogic variant: it's very clearly a movie-style cover and will likely have zero bearing on the contents of the book itself. Everybody breathe.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

At least the Eternals are getting a better shot than the Inhumans, which Marvel sabotaged by pissing off almost all the X-Men fans right out the gate.
    I like both teams, but they rarely ever get a proper push.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    At least the Eternals are getting a better shot than the Inhumans, which Marvel sabotaged by pissing off almost all the X-Men fans right out the gate.
    I like both teams, but they rarely ever get a proper push.
    In Marvel’s defense X Men fans pretty much get pissed off at the sun rising in the east and setting in the west. Agree on Eternals/Inhumans not being pushed well, though, and I base that on me not being a fan of Etrnals/Inhumans/New Gods, but noticing the New Gods have been way more successfully integrated into their Company’s narrative over the years than the Eternals/Inhumans.
    Marvel always seems to be trying to force their guys onto the fans.
    I guess it helps that the New Gods have Darkseid; while overused, he’s way more memorable/important/iconic than any villain in the Eternals/Inhumans rogues galleries. The two groups have no one of Note to hang their hats on and that’s hurt them when it comes time for Marvel to try and make them relevant.

Fabulous! I can’t wait to read it. Kieron is perfect for this

How do people complain about synergy for something that doesn't have a comic around and has never really had a successful run. Something that last had a comic in like 2009, I will remind people that is the year 2020. Eternals is closest thing to death concept that you can get a Marvel. The only reason it is getting a book is because of the movie, The only reason it is getting the quality of creator like Gillen and Esad is because of the movie and profile it brings. My mind is blown at people who are trying to protect the sanctity of something that clearly never really worked on big time level and should be getting retooled this isn't some untouchable classic the formula can be improved on.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I The two groups have no one of Note to hang their hats on and that’s hurt them when it comes time for Marvel to try and make them relevant.
    Thanos.......

But I get what you mean imo Ikaris, Sersi, Makkari should be pretty easy pushes, Thena and Giliamesh as well. The movie is going to make at least one of them a big time star then it is matter of capitalizing on it.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 08-20-2020 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Thanos.......
    You would think so, but Starlin (as Thanos’ biggest pusher) never actually played that connection up, nor has any other writer, really. Adam Warlock and Captain Mar-Vell were two of the earliest defenders against the Mad Titan (not Mad Eternal, mind you). If Ikaris had been used in either of those two instances, or one or two Eternals had gotten involved w. The Infinity Gems back in the day, they’d be in a lot better place X amount of years later in terms of exposure, and might even have made it into the MCU years ago as Thanos was being built into the big bad of the film series.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why is this even out in November? The movie got delayed, it's Black Widow that's out then now.
    I think the timing is about right for the release of the first trade.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

One would assume that at some stage Marvel would cash in on the connection to promote the eternals?

Niffleheim

I'm not really that attached to any member of the group either so I will take anything to make the team pop

Movie synergy has ruined these uninteresting and irrelevant characters by making them relevant and potentially interesting!

It's still the Eternals though, so imma just go to sleep. ZZZ...
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    In

And I hate synergy and I’m not a fan of ribic on art but I do enjoy Sersi tales since the 90s.

Hope the black knight shows up, need that 90s reunion.
    I mean, wouldn't Black Knight showing up essentially be synergy too?

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    People complaining about the BossLogic variant: it's very clearly a movie-style cover and will likely have zero bearing on the contents of the book itself. Everybody breathe.
    Except you can actually see that character design on the trailer for the actual book, with art by Esad Ribić. Doesn't look like just a movie cover.