Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Now let’s avoid the part where some idiot puts them against the X-Men to promote them

It never ends well

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Now let’s avoid the part where some idiot puts them against the X-Men to promote them It never ends well
    Nah, go full 90s. Let them prove their worth to Disney. So they can say "See, look at the numbers! We are doing our jobs, please don't DC us!
    Last edited by Anthony W; 08-21-2020 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Never go full 90s, whoops too late!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Sketch variant cover Quesada

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Forty. Variant. Covers.

C'mon Marvel, if you are going to make FORTY VARIANT COVERS you could at least try a little harder. Toss some hologram and foil covers into the mix, maybe have a few bagged ones that come with a trading card. I guess 2020 is the year when people give up on the lie that today's comic industry is somehow better than the one we had in the 90s.

Marvel doesn't do 40 variants unless there are SUCKERS willing to buy them.

And YES just like in the 90s you got guys who will buy up those variants-no matter the price.

And for a comic book store that doesn't like it-they can do what they do to Cave Woman and Zombie Tramp who AVERAGE 6 variants a MONTH-that you never seem to yell about. They can choose to not order them.

You got an issue with 40 variants-yell at the folks who keep buying them. 1-4-I can understand. 8 with the movie cast on them-I can understand. 40 no but I'm not the one buying them.

Surprised this is coming out before the movie. Is it not a self-contained story?
    Marvel does that to get a trade in stores before the movie or show comes out. For the most part (at least on Amazon) get a boost in sales.

We saw it with Black Panther, Avengers, Thanos and X-men in big numbers. At WORST you could see that trade do well and stay a top seller like Umbrella Academy has done.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I guess it helps that the New Gods have Darkseid; while overused, he’s way more memorable/important/iconic than any villain in the Eternals/Inhumans rogues galleries. The two groups have no one of Note to hang their hats on and that’s hurt them when it comes time for Marvel to try and make them relevant.
    Well I guess they could use Thanos and for characters of note sure Ikaris and Thena are the major ones in their own titles whereas Sersi and Gilgamesh are the most popular ones Marvel Universe-wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Kingo's (assuming that is in fact Kingo) design reminds me of the Persians in Zack Snyder's 300

But then again the look of the Immortals from 300 were basically ninjas with samurai masks men-yoroi(?.)

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Marvel doesn't do 40 variants unless there are SUCKERS willing to buy them.

And YES just like in the 90s you got guys who will buy up those variants-no matter the price.

And for a comic book store that doesn't like it-they can do what they do to Cave Woman and Zombie Tramp who AVERAGE 6 variants a MONTH-that you never seem to yell about. They can choose to not order them.

You got an issue with 40 variants-yell at the folks who keep buying them. 1-4-I can understand. 8 with the movie cast on them-I can understand. 40 no but I'm not the one buying them.
    The only thing this tells me is that Marvel is all about short term gain. It's about getting huge pop for the first issue and hoping no one notices the drop that comes after that. As for cave girl and zombie women (are those even real books?) excuse me for looking a little closer at our INDUSTRY LEADER after current events at DC.

But then again, why am I upset about this? I'm the guy that thinks it would be wonderful if Marvel only made twenty-five to thirty titles and the quality on those titles would go up. Every action Marvel takes just brings my dream closer to reality, carry on...
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Guys they replaced one of their first female heroes of silver age, of course they are going to synergize with mcu about eternals too.

Don't presume to think the comicbook division cares for diversity at all. Movie division happened to care for it while writing Eternals but if the movie was just a cast of straight white men then the cast of this comicbook would have been as well.
    Which female hero did they replace?

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Which female hero did they replace?
    I think the poster means Janet but the synergy was only in animation and movies NOT the Avengers comicbook line-up.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    What's this character's name? I'm not very familiar with the Eternals.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    If the kid in green is Sprite indeed, I wonder how they'll explain his return, since he had a more permanent death compared to the other Eternals. I assume Gillen probably knows about Gaiman's run.

Thena.

Extraordinary Member

That’s Thena. She’s Thanos’ cousin. (Their fathers are brothers)

and Angelina Jolie in the film Eternals

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I think the poster means Janet but the synergy was only in animation and movies NOT the Avengers comicbook line-up.
    Speaking about synergy, if Marvel was still making multiple cartoons I wonder if they would've promoted the Eternals as much as they did the Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Speaking about synergy, if Marvel was still making multiple cartoons I wonder if they would've promoted the Eternals as much as they did the Inhumans.
    example Sersi and Ikaris Cartoon