Thread: The Good Asian

Default The Good Asian

Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-10-2021 at 01:31 PM.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Yes, I've preordered it, and have a lot of hope it'll be satisfactory.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

I bought the issue today and I'm looking forward to the rest of it.

Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

Anyone else?
    I bought it as well. I love noir detective stories. Hopefully because of things in the world going on this stays neutral and doesn't get preachy.

I added it to my pull list when it was originally solicited. I'm picking up my comics on Saturday so I'll be able to read it then.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Alas, I won't get my new books until next week, most likely, but I'm looking forward to this--.
    Bad Witch? What do you refer to, hoping "because of things in the world going on this stays neutral and doesn't get preachy"?
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

Anyone else?
    It’s on my pull list. I’ll be picking it up this weekend. Looking forward to reading it.

Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-11-2021 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Updated with another interview.

Finally got to read this, and enjoyed it as a good solid first issue/opener. Reminds me much of Sandman Mystery Theater in its use of era and milieu. I like the rather harsh dichotomy of the lead character, Ed Hark's being both of, and apart from his background and heritage. My one dislike so far is the drab, dull purple and gray-blue tone in the coloring. I get that it's reflective of the atmosphere of the story, but I'd rather it was stark black and white to this (although this's admittedly better than a more garish, bright rendering, but surely there's an 'in-between'). Definitely happy to get the next issue.

I really enjoyed reading the first issue. Packed full of great storytelling.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Eager for this! But am trade-waiting.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

Sometimes things are special because they don't last. -- Zhi, Tales from the Loop