Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stray Bullets #42? Can it actually be coming out?

It's been a long seldom traveled road for the latest few issues of David Lapham's book. But this is the first time (I think) that we've gotten within seven days of an actual scheduled release date from Diamond. Also, I recall some talk about this Sunshine and Roses series coming to a conclusion, but frankly, it's been a while. A fewe comments about this would warm my heart on a week without any of my books coming out.

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/NOV180194

Looks like it. Can’t wait.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I saw it listed as becoming available Wed. August 26th. We shall see. And I, too, recall something, long ago, long ago, about S&R concluding, but I sure don't remember what! Or where Stray Bullets goes on from there, if, indeed, it does...
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    I saw it listed as becoming available Wed. August 26th. We shall see. And I, too, recall something, long ago, long ago, about S&R concluding, but I sure don't remember what! Or where Stray Bullets goes on from there, if, indeed, it does...
    David Lapham confirmed the next series is sub-titled "Virginia."
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    I can’t wait for more Virginia Applejack.

Wonder if we’ll ever get a glimpse of an adult Joey. Kid has to wind up a serial killer or something with that kind of childhood.

Any fans of the Laphams’ Lodger series here?

Sounds very, very interesting.

It did come out today; I have a copy.

and...
    spoilers:
    Sunshine and Roses is over.
    The next arc is indeed titled Virginia.
    Bruce Willis is actually dead.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post

Wonder if we’ll ever get a glimpse of an adult Joey. Kid has to wind up a serial killer or something with that kind of childhood.
    The story started with adult Joey going off to kill his dad. I'd be beyond shocked if the last issue didn't wrap up that decades-long cliffhanger.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

The story started with adult Joey going off to kill his dad. I'd be beyond shocked if the last issue didn't wrap up that decades-long cliffhanger.
    Somehow I totally forgot that was Joey in the first issue. I’m getting old. Can’t remember anything anymore. Diamond still hasn’t delivered Sunshine & Roses #42 to my LCS. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    Somehow I totally forgot that was Joey in the first issue. I’m getting old. Can’t remember anything anymore. Diamond still hasn’t delivered Sunshine & Roses #42 to my LCS. Ugh.
    I am reading it in trades. At this rate, the final S&R volume should be out in 2025.

never read any Stray Bullets but recently found Stray Bullets the Killers(Image) #1 in the dollar bin at mycomicshop, just wondering what the general consensus is on this issue/series among fans?

scariest comic book made.
    one has to get used to the jump-arounds in time, issue to issue. but the characters are incredibly both outrageous and very down to earth, bewilderingly compelling and after several years, now, have all come to fit together in a neat, very taut story. As for the drawing, it is as you see it, and remains consistent throughout. I like it. there is a character named Amy Racecar, outrageous gun-totin' rocket-racing riot-act. She appears in 'stray' issues throughout, and fits into the series as one of the character's fantasies. As it happens I'm reading a section from a few years ago, to refresh and catch up to the present. yep: recommended.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    never read any Stray Bullets but recently found Stray Bullets the Killers(Image) #1 in the dollar bin at mycomicshop, just wondering what the general consensus is on this issue/series among fans?
    Arguably, the best comic series ever made.

Finally read #42. Going to go back and read Somewhere Out West again.

I began again with #21 of Sunshine and Roses. One goddam kickass comic book!