Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Sony Universe of Marvel (Spider-Man) Characters Movie Thread

Don't know if this thread has already been made, but I thought it'd be a good thread for all the SUMC movie and TV news recently.

In other news, Sony has now selected its director for Kraven the Hunter, selected to be J.C. Chandlor of "Triple Frontier" fame. The movie already has a screenwriter, Richard Wenk from "The Equalizer" and is said to center around Kraven hunting and battling Spider-Man.

Yesterday, August 19, it was announced that Sony had signed Olivia Wilde ("Booksmart") to direct their upcoming female-led Marvel movie. The project is still untitled, but the rumors, and Wilde herself on her Twitter, have alluded it to be a "Spider-Woman" movie centered around Jessica Drew.

BANNED

These projects and announcements are total bunch of hot air until after Morbius releases. If Morbius works, then you might see more of these stunts.

I actually do think that making spinoffs of Spider-Man has some potential but Sony's ideas and projects sound lame. As of right now, with pandemic raging, nothing is getting started or made anyway.

Give me The Superior Foes of Spider-Man Netflix Miniseries. Those guys, I'd love to see, right? Plus putting it on Netflix allows the added benefit of sucking up those sweet Disney Plus tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    These projects and announcements are total bunch of hot air until after Morbius releases. If Morbius works, then you might see more of these stunts.

I actually do think that making spinoffs of Spider-Man has some potential but Sony's ideas and projects sound lame. As of right now, with pandemic raging, nothing is getting started or made anyway.

Give me The Superior Foes of Spider-Man Netflix Miniseries. Those guys, I'd love to see, right? Plus putting it on Netflix allows the added benefit of sucking up those sweet Disney Plus tears.
    Lol I just post the news on here. But to me, once a director is in place, the films move from "idea" more towards active development.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Lol I just post the news on here. But to me, once a director is in place, the films move from "idea" more towards active development.
    Tell that to the director of Silver & Black

Yeah, I'm with Jack on this one. Sony is a reactionary studio, they greenlight movies according to trends, but if one fails that derails their plans.

As Jack said, Morbius is going to be the big one. If that one fails, consider most of these dead. Maybe just Jessica Drew will end up premiering since she has more name value, but Kraven, Madame Web or Jackpot (JACKPOT??? SERIOUSLY????) won't get past pre-production. Now, I personally don't think Morbius will be a total bomb, but I do think it won't make enough profits and that will make Sony rethink their strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Tell that to the director of Silver & Black

Yeah, I'm with Jack on this one. Sony is a reactionary studio, they greenlight movies according to trends, but if one fails that derails their plans.

As Jack said, Morbius is going to be the big one. If that one fails, consider most of these dead. Maybe just Jessica Drew will end up premiering since she has more name value, but Kraven, Madame Web or Jackpot (JACKPOT??? SERIOUSLY????) won't get past pre-production. Now, I personally don't think Morbius will be a total bomb, but I do think it won't make enough profits and that will make Sony rethink their strategy.
    I agree with all you said. That being said, I was actually looking forward to Silver & Black and wished it was still getting made.

The director ended up making The Old Guard on Netflix. I haven't seen it but I've seen nothing but praise towards it. She says that much of the ideas of S&B ended up being used in this movie, so that's a little taste of what could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    The director ended up making The Old Guard on Netflix. I haven't seen it but I've seen nothing but praise towards it. She says that much of the ideas of S&B ended up being used in this movie, so that's a little taste of what could have been.
    Thanks! I've heard good things about that movie, so I'll have to check it out.

BANNED

Thanks! I've heard good things about that movie, so I'll have to check it out.
    That’s a pretty fun movie.

I'm not going to lie, y'all...I'm kind of, surprisingly, looking forward to the Kraven movie: if only because I really want to see him fight Spider-Man. There's no other way the movie could work.

BANNED

I'm not going to lie, y'all...I'm kind of, surprisingly, looking forward to the Kraven movie: if only because I really want to see him fight Spider-Man. There's no other way the movie could work.
    It doesn’t work as standalone. KLH isn’t a first Kraven-Spider-Man story. More than that Kraven’s fixation over Spider-Man depends on a version of the character who has become in Kraven’s eyes a great embodiment of his totem and so worthy of a suicidal quest to defeat/kill/replace him. It could have worked as Raimi’s Spider-Man 4 for instance but it cannot work with Tom Holland’s Spider-Man even after FFH.

Remember Kraven being Spider-Man is just two of the issues of the series. The rest is all Peter. KLH is a story told from Kraven’s perspective but it’s still fundamentally Peter’s story.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    It doesn’t work as standalone. KLH isn’t a first Kraven-Spider-Man story. More than that Kraven’s fixation over Spider-Man depends on a version of the character who has become in Kraven’s eyes a great embodiment of his totem and so worthy of a suicidal quest to defeat/kill/replace him. It could have worked as Raimi’s Spider-Man 4 for instance but it cannot work with Tom Holland’s Spider-Man even after FFH.

Remember Kraven being Spider-Man is just two of the issues of the series. The rest is all Peter. KLH is a story told from Kraven’s perspective but it’s still fundamentally Peter’s story.
    I know all that; I'm just looking for a Spider-Man/Kraven showdown on the big screen.

They should make the Kraven movie like Despicable Me and give him a whole bunch of lion-suited minions.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Wait so Sony is Making Madame Web & Kraven the Hunter. Are we so sure that Olivia Wilde is making Spider-woman Jessica Drew?
    Those two films are Spider-Man related.
    "Without Sin, what Grace has Forgiveness."