Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    Sometimes I wish Sony had there own Spiderman for there universe and the MCU could keep Ironboy Jr for those that like him and let the fans decide which one they feel actually feels more like Spiderman because for me at least MCU Spiderman thus far is not doing it for me at all.........the foundation he is built on is flawed and it affects my enjoyment of this version of the character.....making his lore and mythos so beholden to dare I say it a lesser character like Ironman is a joke....Happy Hogan is given more importance then quite a few classic Spiderman supporting characters in a Spiderman movie.
    While I agree with a lot of this post, I think the MCU Spider-Man would have a leg-up just by being associated with the MCU.

I'd rather the deal ended at this point. They got three movies, and a number of cameo appearances.

Mighty Member

I can see them using this as an opportunity to fully revive the Sam Raimi franchise. Nostalgia for those movies is high right now.

I just hope, if they do so, they have a good story for next one.

So if this is a direct continuation of Spider-man 2 as rumored, I wonder of they'll just ignore/retcon Spider-man 3.

Ultimate Member

I thought the Iron Man stuff was what Sony wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I thought the Iron Man stuff was what Sony wanted.
    They wanted at least one hero for the mcu they got tony
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    They wanted at least one hero for the mcu they got tony
    I see. So, if Sony had less control, would Spider-Man be more independent?

BANNED

I see. So, if Sony had less control, would Spider-Man be more independent?
    We can't say for sure.

The fact is that Spider-Man was inserted very hastily to the MCU, at very short notice. Unlike GOTG, Iron Man, Cap and others where clearly a lot of thought went into how to insert and introduce the character, in the case of Spider-Man you didn't have a similar lead-time in pre-production.

Sony had a stinker with TASM-2 and they needed a new Spider-Man out and a hit, Feige wanted Spider-Man in the MCU somehow, so they struck a compromise and bargain and in short order they had to cast Tom Holland, Marisa Tomei as Aunt May and basically had to find a way to give him an arc in time for Infinity War/Endgame.

So it was a compromise where you can't blame one side more than the other. Sony obviously wants to keep Spider-Man's movie rights since otherwise they would sink as a company. And sure some of their films are weak but they did produce ITSV which is greater than any MCU movie, so you can't argue in good faith that they are less talented than Feige and others (especially since unlike Feige, Sony actually produces non-superhero movies too).

So ultimately that's what they were able to agree on.

Ultimate Member

Idk if ISTV is greater than any MCU movie.

But I see what you mean. They could've still used Garfield though (no knock against Holland). But ASM2 is probably the worst live action Spider-Man movie IMO.

BANNED

Idk if ISTV is greater than any MCU movie.

But I see what you mean. They could've still used Garfield though (no knock against Holland). But ASM2 is probably the worst live action Spider-Man movie IMO.
    Andrew Garfield burned his bridges when he publicly dissed the producers and Sony President for interfering with the production and contributing bad ideas. It was of course honest but also a statement made by a guy who was probably not keen on being Spider-Man for long. The Hollywood saying, "you gotta want it" means you suck up any indignities and incompetence and stick your neck for the part no matter what.

Doc Ock could maybe hold a solo film. You could pitch him as "What if Walter White became a superhero".

With the Superior Octopus stuff, there's alot you could work with/reverse engineer.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Andrew Garfield burned his bridges when he publicly dissed the producers and Sony President for interfering with the production and contributing bad ideas. It was of course honest but also a statement made by a guy who was probably not keen on being Spider-Man for long. The Hollywood saying, "you gotta want it" means you suck up any indignities and incompetence and stick your neck for the part no matter what.
    I can't imagine why he didn't care for Sony's direction!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Doc Ock could maybe hold a solo film. You could pitch him as "What if Walter White became a superhero".

With the Superior Octopus stuff, there's alot you could work with/reverse engineer.
    I'd rather see another Spider-Man vs. Doc Ock movie

Me to.....crazy to think I love Spiderman PS4 so much more then any MCU Spiderman movie.

Me to.....crazy to think I love Spiderman PS4 so much more then any MCU Spiderman movie.
    That's not crazy at all. Insomniac's Spider-Man absolutely feels like Spider-Man, and not Iron Man's protégée.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    That's not crazy at all. Insomniac's Spider-Man absolutely feels like Spider-Man, and not Iron Man's protégée.
    Yeah, this is I think the main contention.

I feel the same way