Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

I don't see Sony doing another full reboot either. Not again. With all of the rumors of the third one being a live action Spider-verse, I wonder if they'll use the third movie as an opportunity to set-up future Sony-only Spider-man productions that are loosely tied to the MCU films, but aren't exactly a direct continuation. Like a Holland Spider-man from another universe, one of the older Spider-men coming back, or perhaps even a Miles Morales Spider-man.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't see them rebooting Spider-Man for a fourth time. At the very least I can see them trying to keep Holland unless he wants out already.
    I hope for no more reboots. I like Holland, so if he wants a break, they should just give the character a break too

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I hope for no more reboots. I like Holland, so if he wants a break, they should just give the character a break too
    I happen to agree with you, but that will not happen. Why? If Sony felt OMD and Sins Past could make them money they would not hesitate to use those dreadful stories. We already saw that with their suck ass Ghostbusters and Charlie’s Angels reboots ( neither of which I saw)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    I don't see Sony doing another full reboot either. Not again. With all of the rumors of the third one being a live action Spider-verse, I wonder if they'll use the third movie as an opportunity to set-up future Sony-only Spider-man productions that are loosely tied to the MCU films, but aren't exactly a direct continuation. Like a Holland Spider-man from another universe, one of the older Spider-men coming back, or perhaps even a Miles Morales Spider-man.
    One problem I have always had with Sony, is they always seem to do a bad job with whatever they try. Look at the absolute dreck that they run on Sony Movie Channel (even worse then MGM HD). Why did Marvel have to step in to save Spider-Man? Because Sony was about as bad as Dan Slott.

Or they could just have Holland doing his own thing without mentioning other MCU stuff.

Or they could just have Holland doing his own thing without mentioning other MCU stuff.
    Easier said than done.

Mighty Member

Yeah but a Spider-verse scenario allows them to have their cake and eat it too. It allows them to rework the character outside of the MCU and in their own universe without things getting hairy, but all of the MCU stuff is still "technically" part of a unified canon.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    One problem I have always had with Sony, is they always seem to do a bad job with whatever they try. Look at the absolute dreck that they run on Sony Movie Channel (even worse then MGM HD). Why did Marvel have to step in to save Spider-Man? Because Sony was about as bad as Dan Slott.
    Sony also gave us ITSV. Not that I trust their live action division, but I'm really not all that invested in MCU Spider-man and I'm ready for another shake-up of some kind.

Whenever we get Post-MCU Spider-Man, they should do what Insomniac's game did. Peter's been Spider-Man for awhile and act like the audience already knows Mary Jane, Harry Osborn, Aunt May, etc. And then branch off to do whatever.

(We'll never get "Face it, tiger" in a movie... )
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 04-08-2021 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Easier said than done.
    That's essentially what they're doing with their other Marvel movies. They take place in the same universe as the Home movies, but they do not place in the MCU

A soft reboot ignoring the rest of the MCU is going to be weird, but I think most audiences are too savvy at this point to get what's going on.

I agree that I could see Holland, and some supporting characters like Tomei, Natalie and Revolori returning, returning. The one I don't see coming back is Zendaya, unless her role is greatly expanded.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    That's essentially what they're doing with their other Marvel movies. They take place in the same universe as the Home movies, but they do not place in the MCU

A soft reboot ignoring the rest of the MCU is going to be weird, but I think most audiences are too savvy at this point to get what's going on.

I agree that I could see Holland, and some supporting characters like Tomei, Natalie and Revolori returning, returning. The one I don't see coming back is Zendaya, unless her role is greatly expanded.
    I don't really like their take on non-Mary Jane MJ.

I wanted more "face it, tiger" in my Spider-Man. And it sucks because Zendaya could have absolutely nailed that.

Astonishing Member

Yeah but a Spider-verse scenario allows them to have their cake and eat it too. It allows them to rework the character outside of the MCU and in their own universe without things getting hairy, but all of the MCU stuff is still "technically" part of a unified canon.

Sony also gave us ITSV. Not that I trust their live action division, but I'm really not all that invested in MCU Spider-man and I'm ready for another shake-up of some kind.
    There will be a shake-up the only question is what is the degree of the shake-up? One thing I did notice is the LENGTH of the Netflix Contract: Only 4 years. Generally these contracts are for seven years or longer ( such as Sony with Starz or the recent NFL deals with CBS, Fox, NBC, Amazon and ESPN/Disney). The NFL contract is a great comparison because it happened in a post streaming COVID World. Maybe, just maybe Disney will be planning to buy Sony’s Columbia Pictures Division? They just need time to digest and integrate Fox and Star Wars into the “Mouse House”? If Disney does cooperate with Sony, over the Spider properties, it might be one clue, that somewhere down the line, Disney will be buying Columbia and getting Spider-Man back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I don't really like their take on non-Mary Jane MJ.

I wanted more "face it, tiger" in my Spider-Man. And it sucks because Zendaya could have absolutely nailed that.
    I feel like Zendaya could definitely have played a proper Mary Jane if they had actually played her that way, but that ship has sailed.

I feel like Zendaya could definitely have played a proper Mary Jane if they had actually played her that way, but that ship has sailed.
    oh definitely but the stans would have been too loud cause of race and stuff
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    oh definitely but the stans would have been too loud cause of race and stuff
    Probably, but at least she would've actually been playing Mary Jane.

If you can't see her unironically saying "face it, tiger, you just hit the jackpot", is she really the iconic Spider-Man love interest?