Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    Who would even be the villain in a Kraven movie?
    someone "worse", but I somehow doubt it would be a major character. Might be an obscure gangster villain.
    My pick would be the Lobo brothers, the Mexican gangsters who menace Spider-Man for a few arcs many years ago. They are 'officially' mutants but never had ties to the X-Men comics. I feel safe in speculating that they are far down any list of villains for the MCU Spider-Man films.

This way you could have Kraven hunting animal-themed antagonists who are just as bad as him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    someone "worse", but I somehow doubt it would be a major character. Might be an obscure gangster villain.
    My pick would be the Lobo brothers, the Mexican gangsters who menace Spider-Man for a few arcs many years ago. They are 'officially' mutants but never had ties to the X-Men comics. I feel safe in speculating that they are far down any list of villains for the MCU Spider-Man films.

This way you could have Kraven hunting animal-themed antagonists who are just as bad as him.
    Just make them pseudo-werewolfs. You could use merge them with Man-Wolf.

https://www.deviantart.com/green-mam...Wolf-639010471
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-27-2021 at 03:32 PM.

According to Collider's Jeff Sneider, the Sinister Six line-up in No Way Home will be:

Green Goblin (Willem Dafoe from Spider-Man 1, the SS leader and main villain of the film)
    Doc Ock (Alfred Molina, Spider-Man 2)
    Sandman (Thomas Hayden Church, Spider-Man 3)
    The Lizard (Rhys Ifans, The Amazing Spider-Man 1)
    Electro (Jamie Fox, The Amazing Spider-Man 2)
    Rhino (Paul Giamatti, The Amazing Spider-Man 2)

If true, it's interesting that no one from Holland's own movies are in the mix (though understandable as they can't revive Mysterio so soon, Michael Keaton is busy with The Flash film so Vulture can't appear, and everybody else is too minor for a line-up of this caliber)

Astonishing Member

Didn't Doc Ock, Sandman and Lizard turn good at the end of their movies?

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    doc ock died but i guess they are reviving him
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I see. I didn't think Sunfire could carry a show but maybe it's possible. At least he's an actual hero
    Some characters are probably easier to pitch for than others. But they don't have to do it on their own. Most solos became ensembles anyway. So most of the C-listers could benefit from borrowing a few supporting characters/villians from Spidey. He's got tons to spare and the MCU won't get around to all of them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Some characters are probably easier to pitch for than others. But they don't have to do it on their own. Most solos became ensembles anyway. So most of the C-listers could benefit from borrowing a few supporting characters/villians from Spidey. He's got tons to spare and the MCU won't get around to all of them.
    Yeah, I think Spider-Man has enough villains to spare. But I'd rather see them go up against other heroes, than just have more villain solo movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Per the same source, one of the reasons the title is No Way Home is because it also applies to the villains. They want to return to their homeworlds but they are been forced by the Green Goblin to do evil.

Yeah, I think Spider-Man has enough villains to spare. But I'd rather see them go up against other heroes, than just have more villain solo movies.
    I guess if Kraven fails they would just scrap the other villian centered films.

Ultimate Member

I guess if Kraven fails they would just scrap the other villian centered films.
    Probably. Why can't Sony just be happy with Spider-Man anyway? Sony's previous attempts didn't seem to inspire much confidence. And I still don't get how morbius and Kraven get solo movies before Spider-Woman or any other Spider-heroes

Probably. Why can't Sony just be happy with Spider-Man anyway? Sony's previous attempts didn't seem to inspire much confidence. And I still don't get how morbius and Kraven get solo movies before Spider-Woman or any other Spider-heroes
    They are a business that gotta make money. They can't just rely on Spiderman for that- he's just one character. It's not like the MCU only relied on Iron Man.

They did do into the spider-verse with Miles. Plus Silk is getting her own tv show so it's not like they're ignoring them.

I think Sony reached out to actor/writer/director Olivia Wilde to develop a Spider-Woman project. So it's probably in early days.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-29-2021 at 11:10 AM.

Ultimate Member

They are a business that gotta make money. They can't just rely on Spiderman for that- he's just one character. It's not like the MCU only relied on Iron Man.

They did do into the spider-verse with Miles. Plus Silk is getting her own tv show so it's not like they're ignoring them.

I think Sony reached out to actor/writer/director Olivia Wilde to develop a Spider-Woman project. So it's probably in early days.
    The MCU didn't rely on Iron Man because they have a whole roster of Avengers, Defenders, Guardians, Heroes for Hire, etc. Sony has Spider-Man and other characters within Spider-Man's world. I realize they need to make money, but telling a good story should also matter, especially with a cinematic universe. I'm glad they've used Miles in a movie, but Idk if Sony's learning the right thing from its success

Anyway, I heard about Wilde's Spider-Woman and the Silk show. I hope those projects succeed. I assume the Spider-Woman project is about Jessica Drew, although I can't be sure

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    According to Collider's Jeff Sneider, the Sinister Six line-up in No Way Home will be:

Green Goblin (Willem Dafoe from Spider-Man 1, the SS leader and main villain of the film)
    Doc Ock (Alfred Molina, Spider-Man 2)
    Sandman (Thomas Hayden Church, Spider-Man 3)
    The Lizard (Rhys Ifans, The Amazing Spider-Man 1)
    Electro (Jamie Fox, The Amazing Spider-Man 2)
    Rhino (Paul Giamatti, The Amazing Spider-Man 2)

If true, it's interesting that no one from Holland's own movies are in the mix (though understandable as they can't revive Mysterio so soon, Michael Keaton is busy with The Flash film so Vulture can't appear, and everybody else is too minor for a line-up of this caliber)
    Holland doesn't even get a Sinister Six made up of his own villains. I mean, I guess they're not motivated by Tony Stark, so it's a double-edged sword.

Although I feel like the rest of the roster would've been leaked by now unless they were able to get around it with CG with Sandman, Lizard, and Rhino.

This just doesn't really feel like a Holland Spider-Man movie any more.

Also first movie Sinister Six and Doc Ock isn't leading them. Boo .

Mighty Member

Yeah I assumed that Molina's Ock from Spider-man 2 was going to be the star of the show. I think bringing back Norman after his death in SM1 would be the biggest plothole here (assuming he's really playing the same Norman/GG as the Raimiverse.)

So we already know that JK Simmons is back and playing a different version of JJJ for the MCU.

Molina confirmed that he is playing the same version of Doc Ock from Spider-Man 2 (and people were speculating that his fusion device is what sends him to the MCU.)

Jamie Foxx said that he's playing a different version of Electro.

Garfield, Stone, and Dehaan were all rumored to return and have all since denied any involvement. Neither Maguire nor Dunst have commented to my knowledge.

And now we're getting GG, Rhino, and Lizard, but none of the established villains in Holland's own universe?

I really wonder where they're going with all of this.

One of the reasons I've waited for this movie is because I wanted for Mysterio and Vulture to show up again. If they are not here, well, that's sad.

Also insiders say the first trailer coming up this Monday. Not sure if I trust them, we'll see.