Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Huh, okay, so this was unexpected.

Sony and Disney reach a deal to have Marvel movies on Disney+.

I had all my bets on that not happening, and their deal ending sooner than later, but I was wrong. It's been rumored that the recently cast Emilia Clarke in the D+ Secret Invasion series might play Veranke/Jessica Drew, wonder if this might be linked in order to have Jess been shared between Sony and Disney too.
    I heard about that casting. Idk if it's necessarily a good place to introduce Spider-Woman tbh. But it would be good to see her in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I heard about that casting. Idk if it's necessarily a good place to introduce Spider-Woman tbh. But it would be good to see her in that.
    Yeah, it's speculation, but I'm also not entirely on-board with that. Maybe playing Veranke, but if she also is playing Jess in the long run I don't think it would be a good idea for her to be introduced like this.

What made the reveal special is that she was someone the superhero community trust on. Introducing her in the same series where she is also gonna betray everyone doesn't have the same levity.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, it's speculation, but I'm also not entirely on-board with that. Maybe playing Veranke, but if she also is playing Jess in the long run I don't think it would be a good idea for her to be introduced like this.

What made the reveal special is that she was someone the superhero community trust on. Introducing her in the same series where she is also gonna betray everyone doesn't have the same levity.
    Yeah, I agree. Although if not here, Idk if she'll be introduced soon enough to be part of Secret Invasion. Also, I think they should be played by separate actors

I had all my bets on that not happening, and their deal ending sooner than later, but I was wrong. It's been rumored that the recently cast Emilia Clarke in the D+ Secret Invasion series might play Veranke/Jessica Drew, wonder if this might be linked in order to have Jess been shared between Sony and Disney too.
    I wonder about Spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder about Spectacular.
    Me too! They mention Sony library stuff and apparently it's for the US- Spectacular is on UK Netflix, so it makes me think it will be going to Disney Plus in the not too distant future in the US. Getting all the Spidey movies (and hopefully their Spidey cartoons too) on Disney Plus is something I was hoping to see happen.

Astonishing Member

I would note that the Sony deal with Netflix is only for four years ( usually these kind of deals last for a decade). One problem for Sony is they have been without question the laggard of the Majors ( Disney, Warner, Universal and Paramount). In fact, without the Spider character films ( Peter as well as Eddie and Miles) they would have been closer to Lionsgate then the others. I can see Disney buying Columbia from Sony either in full ( the entire library) or in part ( the Spider properties).

"He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Miscast as hell in terms of both actor and director.

But hey, I doubt this movie enters production any time soon.

Ehh I rather a Russian actor do it. But he's a decent choice. I guess they are going Young Kraven?

I'm warming up to a Kraven solo movie. You could always just have him hunt down other Totems. Spidey's got other animal themed villains.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Ehh I rather a Russian actor do it. But he's a decent choice. I guess they are going Young Kraven?
    Kraven isn't supposed to be young.

I'm warming up to a Kraven solo movie. You could always just have him hunt down other Totems. Spidey's got other animal themed villains.
    I guess you could run with HUNTED where Kraven brings all animal-themed villains under a dome in Central Park as part of a grand hunt, and you can have Black Cat and/or Silver Sable take him down.

But you can't do the essential Kraven story -- KLH -- with a young Kraven, a young Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Kraven isn't supposed to be young.

I guess you could run with HUNTED where Kraven brings all animal-themed villains under a dome in Central Park as part of a grand hunt, and you can have Black Cat and/or Silver Sable take him down.

But you can't do the essential Kraven story -- KLH -- with a young Kraven, a young Spider-Man.
    I don't think they're gonna do either. I just thought it's gonna be a villian's origin story. Like Joker, Maleficent etc.

BANNED

I don't think they're gonna do either. I just thought it's gonna be a villian's origin story. Like Joker, Maleficent etc.
    With Joker, Maleficent and I guess (sigh) Cruella...audiences were exposed to and came to know the traditional version of those characters before seeing them individually but Kraven's a character who nobody's been introduced to. Likewise Joker, Maleficent and (sigh) Cruella are all built around actors with proven screen presences and durability, as opposed to Aaron Taylor Johnson.

Ultimate Member

I still don't get the point of a Kraven solo movie

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    With Joker, Maleficent and I guess (sigh) Cruella...audiences were exposed to and came to know the traditional version of those characters before seeing them individually but Kraven's a character who nobody's been introduced to. Likewise Joker, Maleficent and (sigh) Cruella are all built around actors with proven screen presences and durability, as opposed to Aaron Taylor Johnson.
    It could be a journey to villiany like Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul.

BANNED

It could be a journey to villiany like Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul.
    So we have a guy who grew up with a love for big game hunting (or if you want to draw it mild, conservation) becoming a supervillain by deciding to hunt down costumed heroes and villains? That's not the same thing.