Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    As much as I would like that, it would be hard to do with actors who like to show their faces.
    Maybe he can turn it on and off. All the MCU Spider-Man villains have had masks so far though, like Spider-Man, they always vanish in one way or another by the climax .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe he can turn it on and off. All the MCU Spider-Man villains have had masks so far though, like Spider-Man, they always vanish in one way or another by the climax .
    So true! Haha a recurring element in every Spider-Man film.

please do not repeat asm2's sins

use blame it in the movie, i dont care how, wait i do care, it must be a full musical sequence, ideally holland foxx and paul rudd dancing in a club
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ange-exclusive

For those who actually like the Mcu (I swear it’s gets smaller each day). Rejoice Looks like Spiderman will team up with the Good Doctor seems like the multiverse angle is a major focus of this phase
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ange-exclusive

For those who actually like the Mcu (I swear it’s gets smaller each day). Rejoice Looks like Spiderman will team up with the Good Doctor seems like the multiverse angle is a major focus of this phase
    as another mentor....great I'm guess Peter's going to be mad about his role in Tony's death. I also see speculation that he'll use magic to make people forget Peter's secret id. I liked Homecoming and Far from Home but I have a lot of reservations with what I'm hearing about this one.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I like Holland but I'm not really a fan of the MCU's Spidey 'hero in training' schtick.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    as another mentor....great I'm guess Peter's going to be mad about his role in Tony's death. I also see speculation that he'll use magic to make people forget Peter's secret id. I liked Homecoming and Far from Home but I have a lot of reservations with what I'm hearing about this one.
    i lmao! when i saw that Doctor Strange will be mentoring Peter simply because i knew how a lot of Spidey fans will see this as yet another cloud looming over Spider-Man's character development in his solo movies.

(Wow, there are a lot of haters with these movies.)

I'm excited for Doctor Strange to show up in "Spider-Man 3"! It actually makes sense, as the Doctor and the Spider have plenty of history together in the comics. So I'm down! And for the whole mentor thing; well, you don't have to endure that much longer as this movie is his senior year in high school. With Ms. Marvel on the way, they're probably going to transfer the teen focus to her and let Peter age.

I just want a team up of Tobey, Garfield and Holland Spider-Men. Or a cameo.
    We might be getting something of sorts, with the recasting of Jaimie Fox.

The multiverse would be a good thing to explain other, Sony's Spider Movies and tie a few loose ends. Maybe Venom could play a part in there too?

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    dude the tony death plotline is over we moved pass it literally in far from home why would they bring it up? We know that Jamie Foxx is coming back as Electro and since in the Doctor Strange sequel he will be dealing with multiverse stuff I guess they decided to start it earlier due to that movie release date getting mess up with Covid.

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    (Wow, there are a lot of haters with these movies.)

I'm excited for Doctor Strange to show up in "Spider-Man 3"! It actually makes sense, as the Doctor and the Spider have plenty of history together in the comics. So I'm down! And for the whole mentor thing; well, you don't have to endure that much longer as this movie is his senior year in high school. With Ms. Marvel on the way, they're probably going to transfer the teen focus to her and let Peter age.
    we have multiples thread on this very subject already the consensus here is that the MCU ruin spiderman we get it lets move on. As for mentoring we dont know what he is getting mentor on so lets reserve judgment
    Last edited by Jman27; 10-08-2020 at 01:38 PM.

Finally, a third goatee mentor for Peter.

Jokes aside I like Doctor Strange and Spidey together so I'm cool with it.

Astonishing Member

I do think it's a bit absurd that they keep doing crossovers. I kinda understood the need for them early on when there was a need to associate the new Spidey with the MCU, but it is just so tiring at this point. I say that as someone who loves Cumberbatch in anything.

There may be truth to the idea that Holland's Spider-Man can't carry a film by himself. Maybe when you strip MCU Spidey of all the novelties, there just isn't much there.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 10-08-2020 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I do think it's a bit absurd that they keep doing crossovers. I kinda understood the need for them early on when there was a need to associate the new Spidey with the MCU, but it is just so tiring at this point. I say that as someone who loves Cumberbatch in anything.

There may be truth to the idea that Holland's Spider-Man can't carry a film by himself. Maybe when you strip MCU Spidey of all the novelties, there just isn't much there.
    As much as I like Holland as Spider-Man, I don't think he adds much newness to the role. Charisma? Maybe. Youthful vibe? Okay. Science/tech/team-ups? Sure. But yeah; he should've gotten a film all to himself to really show why he is a worthy Spider-Man for the big screen. And this is coming from someone who actually loves the MCU movies, so I'm no hater.

LOL, I've been against MCU Spidey since I first heard about it in 2015 for the very reason some have complained about in this thread. Glad to see people finally not gushing over these movies like they were when they were released. I never go the hype. But not even I could imagine I would dislike the Homecoming and FFH as much as I do.

The movies have stripped away everything I like about Spider-Man. All his friend and family are nothing like the comics which bothers me since I want to see the characters I know and love come to life, not knock off characters that share the name and are different in every other aspect.

I was never a fan of Spider-Man with team ups. I like him as a solo character. But what I certainly never wanted to see is Spidey constantly being coached and mentored by other heros. Yuck.