Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ben Affleck to Return as Batman in The Flash Movie

Best news because I can't stand Miller as Flash

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Gerding View Post
    Great news, while he’s gotten terrible material from both Snyder and Whedon, Affleck is damn near perfect in the role.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Just let JL rest. Move on with your life Ben. Same goes for Keaton. Flash fans aren't happy with all that Batman, Ezra Miller is controversial and personally I'd just prefer not having Batman'89 connected to JL in any way. Fresh start, reboot, whatever.

I always wanted that Ben Affleck Batman solo film. If this works to bring Ben's Batman back we could possibly see that happen (probably not, but hope springs eternal). Anyways, I'm all for more of this Batman.

This news is very exciting and I'm real happy we will get Ben & Michael back as Batman in the same movie. There are so many possibilities with this movie and it could be bloody amazing as long as they don't ruin it. Hopefully we will also finally get a Batfamily movie as I love Batman movies but I think it was way overdue for a Batfamily movie or actually a few Batfamily movies.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Great news, while he’s gotten terrible material from both Snyder and Whedon, Affleck is damn near perfect in the role.
    I see.. I continue prefering him than Pakirson.. Anyway is too late to complain about this.. I saw the trailer.. He fits more as Dick Grayson than Bruce.

I decided not see Batman movie.. If what I heard is true and Riddler is the Main Vilain here DC added a 2nd reason to make me prefer avoid it.

curious. I wonder what convinced him to come back and is this indeed the final time? Will it be more than a cameo?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    curious. I wonder what convinced him to come back and is this indeed the final time? Will it be more than a cameo?
    Some sources are saying it's the final time - but with the second wind that Snyder's Justice League has been getting and AT&T's new commitment to the franchise - I wouldn't count on it.
    Collects
    80's 90's Post Crisis Era
    Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novels Collection
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

Quote Originally Posted by DCStu View Post
    Some sources are saying it's the final time - but with the second wind that Snyder's Justice League has been getting and AT&T's new commitment to the franchise - I wouldn't count on it.
    I mean, they already have Pattinson, what do they need Affleck for?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I could live with Affleck as shared universe/superhero Batman and Pattinson as its own, very dark corner thing.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Didn't DCEU decide to go with multiple standalone films? So they can have something like Arthur Fleck Joker

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I could live with Affleck as shared universe/superhero Batman and Pattinson as its own, very dark corner thing.
    How much is the "shared" part of the shared universe going to matter going forward? Outside Flash's movie doing Flashpoint do we really expect these different characters to interact going forward? Like where would Affleck's Batman even show up assuming that The Flash isn't just his final send off?
    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Didn't DCEU decide to go with multiple standalone films? So they can have something like Arthur Fleck Joker
    Yeah, that's why Joker is one continuity, The Batman another, and the shared universe a third. But I don't see them doing multiple Batman movies in different continuities. I think that a Affleck Batman movie is past happening now.

I mean Keaton is also going to be in the shared universe in the Flashpoint

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

I'm glad hes coming back at Batman.