Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I know it sounds crazy now, but Iron Man had his own successful franchise, stars (and characters) didn't usually jump over to other films, and more importantly, Tony had been kicked out of the Avengers initiative by Fury. So yes, I was afraid he wasn't going to be a big part of it.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if Battfleck has a big role, but it does seem to me he's popping in to help with the narrative and maintain continuity from Barry's previous JL appearance.
    That was kinda the point of the Avengers. Cap and Thor had successfully movies aswell. Hulks not as much. But I 100% agree about Batflek. Id be surprised if he's in more then 5mins of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Okay then, Iron Man in Homecoming. Sure, it's not a perfect comparison, but it was still purely a Spidey movie (even if it's not the first Spidey movie, but still the first Holland-centric movie). And I wouldn't be surprised if Affleck's time as Batman was equivalent to Evans' time as 2012 Captain America (that is, being a non-Spidey hero).

The point being, I think we're overblowing Affleck's role here a bit. Especially since he didn't want to do a full-on Batflick.
    Yeah, and Iron Man in Homecoming was met with a lot of backlash, both before and after the movie was released. And even if Iron Man himself wasn't in the majority of the movie, his presence still played a large part of it. How Peter was constantly trying to prove himself to Stark. I don't want a Flash movie where Barry is constantly wondering "Would Bruce approve of this?"
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I wish they'd do an HBOMax movie with Ben Affleck as BATMAN. Let him direct it.

That can totally exist next to Matt Reeves' THE BATMAN, easily.
    In a world where they are letting Snyder use 30m to make his cut of a movie that was a aggressive failure. I dont see why they couldn't let Ben make a low budget less then 50m Batman film for HBO max. They won't and I dont think he want to at this point. But I dont see why not if he was interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Okay then, Iron Man in Homecoming. Sure, it's not a perfect comparison, but it was still purely a Spidey movie (even if it's not the first Spidey movie, but still the first Holland-centric movie). And I wouldn't be surprised if Affleck's time as Batman was equivalent to Evans' time as 2012 Captain America (that is, being a non-Spidey hero).

The point being, I think we're overblowing Affleck's role here a bit. Especially since he didn't want to do a full-on Batflick.
    I think the main reason he wanted out of the roll initially was because, at the time, he was in a really bad place in his life. Since then, though, he's sobered up, got his head in a better place, found a new girl, and seems to be a much happier person. I think that now he would probably be open to doing a full-on Batman movie, but that ship seemingly has sailed. Instead, we'll probably get a nice send off for his version of the character, and this movie will be used to close the book on the Snyderverse and launch a new multiverse.

Now there's talk Michelle Pfeiffer will make an appearance as Catwoman.

It's staring to sound like they're going for the Avengers: Endgame type of fan-service with all the call-backs and cameos...but where Marvel had 10 years and 14+ movies with dozens of characters, DC has Batman.
    Christopher Reeve and Margot Kidder are no longer with us. Gene Hackman's retired. No one's touching Kevin Spacey. Maybe Brandon Routh.

So who does that leave if not the numerous Bat characters? Ryan Reynolds's Green Lantern? Shaquille O'Neil's Steel?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post

It's staring to sound like they're going for the Avengers: Endgame type of fan-service with all the call-backs and cameos...but where Marvel had 10 years and 14+ movies with dozens of characters, DC has Batman.
    Christopher Reeve and Margot Kidder are no longer with us. Gene Hackman's retired. No one's touching Kevin Spacey. Maybe Brandon Routh.

So who does that leave if not the numerous Bat characters? Ryan Reynolds's Green Lantern? Shaquille O'Neil's Steel?
    Helen Slater could still pull off an older Supergirl. Keanu Reaves as Constantine. Jonah Hex. Watchmen.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Helen Slater could still pull off an older Supergirl. Keanu Reaves as Constantine. Jonah Hex. Watchmen.
    Halle Berry Catwoman and Ray Wise/Dick Durock Swamp Thing are all that's left for non-Batman film properties. V I guess?

Man, WB/DC have sucked for content ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

If ever there was a time for Sean Young to finally get that shot at playing Catwoman...

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Helen Slater could still pull off an older Supergirl.
    I mean, she does look good for her age...

Double post, please delete

News broke the last couple of days that Tobey McGuire is in talks to reprise his role as Spiderman in the upcoming Dr Strange movie. Andrew Garfield probably won't be far behind. Its going to be so typical of DC / Warner's incompetence that they were planning a whole bring in alternate versions of characters into a multiverse movie well before Marvel but Marvel will do it first making DC look like a copycat.

Maybe it's more like they saw the reactions to "Crisis on Infinite Earths?" If Routh gets to be Superman again in a movie, I might pay to see that.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

This changes everything, now this movie will be awesome regardless of whatever other nonsense happens in it.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    News broke the last couple of days that Tobey McGuire is in talks to reprise his role as Spiderman in the upcoming Dr Strange movie. Andrew Garfield probably won't be far behind. Its going to be so typical of DC / Warner's incompetence that they were planning a whole bring in alternate versions of characters into a multiverse movie well before Marvel but Marvel will do it first making DC look like a copycat.
    These Flash announcements are already making the news though.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Tobey and Ben have been rumored since Raimi was brought on board. Even NPH has been rumored to be another Spider-Man.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium