Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    You didn't think Ironman was gonna have a big role in the first Avenger film?
    I know it sounds crazy now, but Iron Man had his own successful franchise, stars (and characters) didn't usually jump over to other films, and more importantly, Tony had been kicked out of the Avengers initiative by Fury. So yes, I was afraid he wasn't going to be a big part of it.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if Battfleck has a big role, but it does seem to me he's popping in to help with the narrative and maintain continuity from Barry's previous JL appearance.

Because who needs characters like Jay, Wally, Bart, Max or any of the other very extensive Flash family when you can have two Batmen?
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

"Now, uh, eventually you do plan to have Flashes in your Flash movie, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Because who needs characters like Jay, Wally, Bart, Max or any of the other very extensive Flash family when you can have two Batmen?
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    "Now, uh, eventually you do plan to have Flashes in your Flash movie, right?
    Most of the trades reported the Batmen as cameos, not main chracters.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Considering the only Flash actors confirmed so far (to my knowledge) are Flash himself and Iris, yet we've had two Batman actors already announced, I think it's pretty telling what they're prioritizing with this movie.

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Considering the only Flash actors confirmed so far (to my knowledge) are Flash himself and Iris, yet we've had two Batman actors already announced, I think it's pretty telling what they're prioritizing with this movie.
    Yeah, considering the patterns so far (what with Superman's sequel mainly being a Batman movie), I'll believe it when I see it.

Plus we're still stuck with Miller as the lead. Poor Barry lol. At least there is still WW1984, Aquaman 2, Black Adam and Shazam 2.

I would love it if we saw the crossover with CW Flash, just from DCEU Flash's perspective. Not only do we get Grant Gustin on the big screen (I think he's earned it, even if it's only for 20 seconds), but it's another geek out moment, and geek out moments help create more fan investment in these movies.

Plus, that scene was just plain fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    This Flash movie may be getting sunk by too many Batmans. WB does not seem to have faith with it. Do they want Batman to carry the movie or what?

Affleck's Batman can continue on with the mantle and we can still have Robert Pat's Batman.
    Affleck's Batman is supposed to be a mere cameo, nothing more. I don't think that a cameo interferes all that much. Hey, we had a movie on the Spider-Verse, and the next Thor movie will have *two* Thors.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I wish they'd do an HBOMax movie with Ben Affleck as BATMAN. Let him direct it.

That can totally exist next to Matt Reeves' THE BATMAN, easily.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 08-21-2020 at 10:57 AM.

I don't even know if Kiersey Clemmons is still Iris.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Affleck's Batman is supposed to be a mere cameo, nothing more. I don't think that a cameo interferes all that much. Hey, we had a movie on the Spider-Verse, and the next Thor movie will have *two* Thors.
    Affleck will probably have as much of a role as Conroy's Batman did in the Flashpoint animated movie.

Given what a mess the DECU is, if this Flash movie gets made, it's a great opportunity to dig in to the Multiverse.

And since it was Batman and Flash that had that scene in JL, it makes sense to bring Affleck back for a cameo.

Flash is like "I thought this was supposed to be my movie?"

Superman just looks at him like, "First time?"
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post

That got a legit LOL from me.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Hey, we had a movie on the Spider-Verse, and the next Thor movie will have *two* Thors.
    Spider-Verse was a Spider-Man movie, though. A valid comparison is if they did Spider-Verse but it was in the Shang-Chi movie.

And Thor has already had three solo movies. This is the first Flash one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post

I'd seriously upvote if I could.

I only accept Barry Allen as Flash, all others must be purged!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Spider-Verse was a Spider-Man movie, though. A valid comparison is if they did Spider-Verse but it was in the Shang-Chi movie.

And Thor has already had three solo movies. This is the first Flash one.
    Okay then, Iron Man in Homecoming. Sure, it's not a perfect comparison, but it was still purely a Spidey movie (even if it's not the first Spidey movie, but still the first Holland-centric movie). And I wouldn't be surprised if Affleck's time as Batman was equivalent to Evans' time as 2012 Captain America (that is, being a non-Spidey hero).

The point being, I think we're overblowing Affleck's role here a bit. Especially since he didn't want to do a full-on Batflick.
    Last edited by Cyke; 08-21-2020 at 01:06 PM.