Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incredible Member

Default The Batman Movie

You know, that's really strange, because I can't get hyped for this movie, when I obviously should be... I mean, Aquaman 2, Black Adam, WW84, Shazam 2, even Flash, yeah, I've some interest. But this one, I can't help but see it as totally disconnected to the larger DCEU, kind of like Joker. I'll probably wait it out, until I hear word of mouth that it's really good, and even then I'll be wary... But I'll be damned if I know why I feel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    You know, that's really strange, because I can't get hyped for this movie, when I obviously should be... I mean, Aquaman 2, Black Adam, WW84, Shazam 2, even Flash, yeah, I've some interest. But this one, I can't help but see it as totally disconnected to the larger DCEU, kind of like Joker. I'll probably wait it out, until I hear word of mouth that it's really good, and even then I'll be wary... But I'll be damned if I know why I feel like this.
    I think they've oversaturated the market for Batman films and the continuous reboots haven't helped. Also, in my case at least, I'm not digging the new costume and the rumors of multiple villains (which has never once worked other than arguably the 66 movie) gives me trepidation.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

God, I can not be more excited for this flick. Matt Reeves and Robert Pattinson together, with Colin Farrell- it's all just so perfect.

I love the look of the title and Batman's whole aesthetic.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 08-21-2020 at 08:12 AM.

I'm the opposite - I'm more excited for this movie because it's disconnected to the DCEU. It can just be a great Batman movie, no strings attached. Frankly after a decade of cinematic universes that's a breath of fresh air that I'm ready for.

I'm more interested in this than the other DCEU movies.

I'm with you. looks great but I am a little Batman fatigued when it comes to the films. I mean another reboot.

I'm sure this has been mentioned already but I LOVE that Batman's got his old forehead piece in this film, stitched into his mask no less. It was a staple in the comics for so long, but we haven't seen it in live action since Batman '66.

I couldn't be more excited about this movie. That trailer was amazing.

I'm digging the tone of the new Batman film but i wanna see the over the top stuff too. I mean he fought Dracula at one point, give me that too.

Pattinson's Batman feels like he could eventually become Affleck's take on the character. Maybe they could have Deathstroke fight both of them throughout the years?

I don't care if Pattinson's Batman has a Robin but i don't mind if he teams up with other superheroes. We got alot of options like Bronze Tiger, Green Arrow, the Creeper etc.