Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Yeah, it looked a lot like the Nolan movies, and I'd love a Batman movie that adapted a lot more of the weird aspects of the Batman universe one day, but I think it still looked good. Reeves is a good director so there wasn't really much doubt about it not being good I think.
    Looked like a split between the "Classic Coke..." Batman elements and Chinatown.

Which is about how they were describing what they were doing.

That trailer was amazing. I really think this could top The Dark Knight as my favorite Batman movie.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Hmmmm. What is going on. Trying not to be biased here as I am a Batman fan and appreciate that DC has far creative option to choose from than marvel, but the trailer was just okay. Honestly I am bit disappointed actually because my standard for the film is high...very high, but the trailer came off like a Nolan clone movie. From this trailer, I think Snyder's Batman v Superman first trailer was stronger and more distinctive in film style from what Nolan did, to this.

In fact I had to quickly go back and rewatch Batman Begins 2005 trailer and I prefer that trailer to this. There is something very refined from the begins trailer that I did not get with this.

Additionally the cinematography looks kinds of bland. It is dark dour bland compared to the Nolan films that had good cinematography , It is almost the same issue I have with marvel cinematography except marvel is light dour bland. The Batman Cinematography reminds me of that season 8 Games of thrones episode (I think it was called The Long Night) where everything was so dark and blur, you could barely see anything.

I do remember when this film was announced like 3-4 years ago, some fans felt it was just way too soon to do another Batman reboot and that the Nolan films were still new enough to last a life time. Watching this trailer I can now see where some were coming from. Hopefully the actual movie will prove me wrong.
    "Clown Shoes..." being a distinctive approach doesn't mean that everyone else digs "Clown Shoes..."

For where they said they were coming from, this looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I think Pattinson looks really puny in that suit. His head looks tiny.

And in closeup it's so obvious it's a little boy's face under that mask. How can he be intimidating to dangerous criminals? Seriously? No other previous Batman looked so little in stature.

Zoe Kravitz looks better as Catwoman but I'm super disappointed she has no costume.
    When everyone one except you will be leaving in an ambulance?

That you are only about as big as Bruce Lee ever got is really a non-issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Your in the minority on this one friend, sorry.
    Always told I am always in a minority anyway especially when it comes to comic book movies lol, as I try to be as objective as possible and say things from a pure film making opinion , putting away my personal love for a series.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Yeah, it looked a lot like the Nolan movies, and I'd love a Batman movie that adapted a lot more of the weird aspects of the Batman universe one day, but I think it still looked good. Reeves is a good director so there wasn't really much doubt about it not being good I think.
    Yes, I think this will still be the winning card that Reeves is a good director and all his movies do land on good to great feet. Trailers many times than none has never determined how good the film will turn out, so right now, I am banking on the quality of the film not from this one trailer that I did find quite disappointing but on Matt Reeves impressive filmography
    Last edited by Castle; 10-16-2021 at 02:36 PM.

-It look.....okay. It has just about everything you would expect from a Batman movie and some of those shots are beautiful. I'll check it out.

-Why do I get the feeling Collin Farell's Penguin is going to be the fan favorite of this?

-I hope we get some actual detective work and not just Bruce gritting his teeth and beating people up because he can't control his emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    -I hope we get some actual detective work and not just Bruce gritting his teeth and beating people up because he can't control his emotions.
    So drastically parting from the source material then?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Looks like a mix between Nolan and Fincher. With better fight choreography than the latter.

I'm generally so over that approach to Batman, but this at least looks like a very good execution of similar ideas. If the film series starts to branch out into the more outlandish elements of Batman's world, I'd be more on board with things starting out this way.

Pattinson already looks way better than Bale and Affleck, and I'm really digging Kravitz.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    So drastically parting from the source material then?
    One the shitty/overrated installments of the source material.

I echo John Venus. Batman has a brain, I want to see him use it. Which, to be fair, the trailers have to be action heavy, so there may be plenty of such scenes that weren't put in this.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    One the shitty/overrated installments of the source material.

I echo John Venus. Batman has a brain, I want to see him use it. Which, to be fair, the trailers have to be action heavy, so there may be plenty of such scenes that weren't put in this.
    It was just a quippy joke because most of the times the books ignore the detective work and just focuses on "Bruce gritting his teeth and beating people up because he can't control his emotions."

I agree - it is stupid hard to make an exciting trailer focused on detective work, so I wouldn't hold that against these trailers.

I know some fans keep bringing up wanting the outlandish stuff, but I'm fine not seeing it here honestly - that kind of stuff works so much better and more easily in the videogames and animated features and series, and is usually so front and center in those anyways, that the films taking the opposite approach are honestly fine with me. If this existed in a vacuum it might bug me, but frankly I don't need to see Batman take out Clayface with ninja moves and super gadgets in live action when videogame clips and cartoons deliver it just as well as any movie ever could.

Extraordinary Member

The first trailer was a bit better, though this one did an excellent job hitting the visuals, and selling me on the action, Catwoman, and Penguin.

My only worry personally is how well a seemingly-stereotypically “grittied” Riddler comes off in the film - right now, while he comes off as a good archetypal thriller serial killer, it’s still an archetypal thriller serial killer. It’s the same general feel that, say, Key and Peele made fun of on their show.

And I know it’s been the general intuitive leap most people have been trying to take Riddler when trying to improve him - whether in Earth One, War of Jokes and Riddles, or Telltale Batman. I feel like ever since BTAS, the answer has been a more put-together, somewhat dignified, and almost genuinely charming Riddler, but no one wants to follow through on that.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

It's fun but not particularly informative.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-16-2021 at 05:27 PM.

I dunno, it seems more toned down but there's some failry outlandish stuff like the scene with the Batmobile diving through the fire or how the characters moves still feel like the comics. The Bat-Signal is in there. Even Riddler is still called "Riddler."
    Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    The first trailer was a bit better, though this one did an excellent job hitting the visuals, and selling me on the action, Catwoman, and Penguin.

My only worry personally is how well a seemingly-stereotypically “grittied” Riddler comes off in the film - right now, while he comes off as a good archetypal thriller serial killer, it’s still an archetypal thriller serial killer. It’s the same general feel that, say, Key and Peele made fun of on their show.

And I know it’s been the general intuitive leap most people have been trying to take Riddler when trying to improve him - whether in Earth One, War of Jokes and Riddles, or Telltale Batman. I feel like ever since BTAS, the answer has been a more put-together, somewhat dignified, and almost genuinely charming Riddler, but no one wants to follow through on that.
    I mean, he had a question mark in his coffee cup when the police nab him. That's pretty on-brand for Riddler .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno, it seems more toned down but there's some failry outlandish stuff like the scene with the Batmobile diving through the fire or how the characters moves still feel like the comics. The Bat-Signal is in there. Even Riddler is still called "Riddler."

I mean, he had a question mark in his coffee cup when the police nab him. That's pretty on-brand for Riddler .
    Oh, I have zero problem with the branding. If anything, Riddler should be the guy who makes a member out of his symbol in every incarnation.

I just fear (though not terribly) that the characterization will be very “exactly the kind of whisper-heavy, clearly disturbed portrayal you’d expect for Zodiac Knockoff #4523” type of characterization.

I have a lot of confidence in the director and actor to pull it off regardless. I just personally think everyone - movies, comics, Etc. - keeps grinding up a character who really should be more “Classy Moriarty” type as a villain.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I think Pattinson looks really puny in that suit. His head looks tiny.

And in closeup it's so obvious it's a little boy's face under that mask. How can he be intimidating to dangerous criminals? Seriously? No other previous Batman looked so little in stature.

Zoe Kravitz looks better as Catwoman but I'm super disappointed she has no costume.
    He looks fine to me.

BTW 35 yr old Robert Pattinson is 6'1, and so he is very close to the 6'2 comic book Batman which I think was based off Adam West's Batman who is 6'2

The shortest Batman is Michael Keason who is 5'9.
    followed by George Clooney at 5'11
    Christopher Bale and Val Kilmer both at 6'0

the tallest Batman is Ben Affleck at 6'4
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Ultimate Member

I love this take on Riddler.

Zoe Kravitz looks perfect as Selina at least visually.

I still have to remind myself that that’s Colin Farrell as Penguin. He really does look and sound unrecognizable.