Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

This is the movie I am most excited for.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kind of depends which version of Bruce we're talking about.
    The one which has manifested with the film and some recent comics like Knight or Imposter which were made with respect to this film.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, but he seemed checked out to everybody else, which is my point. I get that he empathized with the kids but it doesn't seem like he's a "people" person in general.

I don't know if they'll mention Lucius but I'm curious how they'll address Wayne Enterprises.

I'm good with variety, but I also want variety in Batman too. But I guess we might get that on an animated front.
    Yeah he reminds me a lot of Keaton's Bruce Wayne. I can easily imagine him sitting in his study in darkness, coming to life only when the Batsignal hits the sky. I guess the difference is that Keaton's Bruce did the bare minimum to live up to his social obligations and appear somewhat presentable in public...I guess Pattison's Bruce isn't quiet there yet, but he could be. I definitely don't see him developing Bale's public persona as a flashy playboy and philantrophist.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if they end up taking a page out of the Bronze Age and having this Bruce move away from the Wayne Enterprises as his fake day job and actually dedicate himself even publicly to the Wayne Foundation instead, complete with the cool office.

It would be a relatively subtle but heartwarming maturation for him.
    That might be interesting.

I'm not sure about this, but I think that Pattison's Bruce doesn't live in Wayne Manor, but lives in the city instead. At least, I remember hearing rumors about that, and none of the shots of the 'cave' we've seen so far in trailers look like the actual Batcave. So I wouldn't be surprised if we're getting the Penthouse/Wayne Foundation era status quo in this film.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if they end up taking a page out of the Bronze Age and having this Bruce move away from the Wayne Enterprises as his fake day job and actually dedicate himself even publicly to the Wayne Foundation instead, complete with the cool office.

It would be a relatively subtle but heartwarming maturation for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Yeah he reminds me a lot of Keaton's Bruce Wayne. I can easily imagine him sitting in his study in darkness, coming to life only when the Batsignal hits the sky. I guess the difference is that Keaton's Bruce did the bare minimum to live up to his social obligations and appear somewhat presentable in public...I guess Pattison's Bruce isn't quiet there yet, but he could be. I definitely don't see him developing Bale's public persona as a flashy playboy and philantrophist.
    I definitely think one of the lessons Bruce is going to learn in this film is that he has to be more involved with the community and active in public than he has been up to this point, especially when he's starting to realize Batman (as he currently operates) isn't as effective as he intended him to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    The one which has manifested with the film and some recent comics like Knight or Imposter which were made with respect to this film.
    I was more thinking of The Batman, Year One, or Bale Batman.
    I'm not sure about this, but I think that Pattison's Bruce doesn't live in Wayne Manor, but lives in the city instead. At least, I remember hearing rumors about that, and none of the shots of the 'cave' we've seen so far in trailers look like the actual Batcave. So I wouldn't be surprised if we're getting the Penthouse/Wayne Foundation era status quo in this film.
    The Manor would probably do a better job of keeping him out of the public eye, but we haven't really gotten much clear confirmation about where he/the Batcave is. It seems like he still lives with/talks with Alfred, which makes me think the manor exists, but some of the concept art made it look like the Batcave was in an abandoned subway tunnel.

Although it would be kind of weird to have two cinematic Batman's back-to-back who didn't actually live in the manor/use it for the Batcave. Although I guess we're getting Keaton back to balance that out.

BANNED

Year One and Begins didn't explored Bruce Wayne when he was young. It's was rather more about ideals. I still love Year One is perhaps the best Batman story I have ever read. I love reading origin stories for some reason so i dont really mind this movie doing the same if it adds more depth
    Last edited by Vishop; 01-24-2022 at 09:29 AM.

Astonishing Member

The Manor would probably do a better job of keeping him out of the public eye, but we haven't really gotten much clear confirmation about where he/the Batcave is. It seems like he still lives with/talks with Alfred, which makes me think the manor exists, but some of the concept art made it look like the Batcave was in an abandoned subway tunnel.

Although it would be kind of weird to have two cinematic Batman's back-to-back who didn't actually live in the manor/use it for the Batcave. Although I guess we're getting Keaton back to balance that out.
    Yeah, I read about the subway tunnel 'cave' as well too somewhere. That would actually support him living in a penthouse in Gotham as opposed to Wayne Manor.

The Wayne Tower penthouse and cave/bunker concept has actually gotten quiet a bit of traction over the past decade-plus. That was the set-up in TDK. The CW's Batwoman show has that set-up. Now it seems we might be getting it here as well. At least Batfleck used the actual Batcave, even though he didn't live in the Wayne Manor itself (but planned to turn it into the Hall of Justice).

As much as I love the traditional status quo of Wayne Manor and the classic Batcave underneath, the Wayne Tower set-up with the bunker/base underneath (or wherever it was in TDK) logistically makes a lot more sense and has kinda grown on me.

Extraordinary Member

The “flashy” part especially.

I could see them basing the persona off the more sedate, affable, but quieter Bruce from BTAS, who was based off the Bronze Age one. A definite philanthropist, and a partygoer, but not the party-crashing, scene-stealing one-man-show that sometimes shows up. An undeniable but just kind of likable and almost-innocent chick-magnet versus a parody of a sex-crazed playboy.

It’s like Zorro and the way they handle the civilian ID there - there’s the foppish, loud, attention-getting version of Don Diego like in Tyrone Power’s movie and Antonio Banderas’s, and then there’s the relaxed, blend-into-the-background boring rich dude version by Guy Williams in the old show. (Fun fact - Banderas’s film could be the one this Bruce watched. It won’t happen, but I would love that kind of quietly geeky and nostalgic moment.)

The advantage of the louder attention-grabber version is it makes a more fun charade to draw attention away from suspecting him of being Batman… but the more sedate philanthropist can be a more “real” Bruce Wayne with more people. It’s like the “How much of Clark Kent should be real versus how much should be an act?” question for Superman fans.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Year One and Begins didn't explored Bruce Wayne when he was young. It's was rather more about ideals. I still love Year One is perhaps the best Batman story I have ever read. I love reading origin stories for some reason so i dont really mind this movie doing the same if it adds more depth
    He came off pretty young in Year One and Begins (even if, age-wise, I think he was supposed to be in his late 20's).
    Yeah, I read about the subway tunnel 'cave' as well too somewhere. That would actually support him living in a penthouse in Gotham as opposed to Wayne Manor.

The Wayne Tower penthouse and cave/bunker concept has actually gotten quiet a bit of traction over the past decade-plus. That was the set-up in TDK. The CW's Batwoman show has that set-up. Now it seems we might be getting it here as well. At least Batfleck used the actual Batcave, even though he didn't live in the Wayne Manor itself (but planned to turn it into the Hall of Justice).

As much as I love the traditional status quo of Wayne Manor and the classic Batcave underneath, the Wayne Tower set-up with the bunker/base underneath (or wherever it was in TDK) logistically makes a lot more sense and has kinda grown on me.
    I feel like Wayne Manor always made more sense because the Manor is so often cut off from people and seems more expansive than what you would expect from a penthouse, not that I'm against it. That and it's Bruce's home and has some history to it beyond being Bruce's current bachelor pad .

I love reading origin stories for some reason so i dont really mind this movie doing the same if it adds more depth
    I mean, is it an origin story? He's already been Batman for at least a year here.

Incredible Member

Incredible Member

It’s been confirmed in a few articles that Bruce is living out of Wayne Tower and the Batcave was an abandoned train station underneath the tower. Wayne Manor was taking over as an orphanage. Honestly as a fan of The Wayne Penthouse idea and the bunker, I am a fan of this but I do admit Wayne Manor has it benefits. I feel like this entire series is addressing Bruce and Batman becoming a better hero and more attached to the people.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post

Feels almost like something out of BTAS.

To me it does drive home the idea of some kind of mystery and secret at the core of the Riddler and his crusade.

We're miles away from Frank Gorshin and Jim Carey territory here!

Feels almost like something out of BTAS.

To me it does drive home the idea of some kind of mystery and secret at the core of the Riddler and his crusade.

We're miles away from Frank Gorshin and Jim Carey territory here!
    I personally kind of prefer a hammy and outlandish Riddler, more like Arkham Riddler, but obviously that wouldn't fit here.

Astonishing Member

I personally kind of prefer a hammy and outlandish Riddler, more like Arkham Riddler, but obviously that wouldn't fit here.
    Haven't really played the Arkham games so wouldn't know about that.

But I really think the biggest USP separating the Riddler from the likes of the Joker is that he's a bit more understated and 'intellectual' - more criminal mastermind with a compulsion, less hammy and raving lunatic.

Honestly, this movie's portrayal of Riddler too isn't in line with my ideal take on the character, but I do hope that this Zodiac Killer inspired interpretation helps cement the notion that the Riddler isn't supposed to be a Joker clone in a green suit!

Haven't really played the Arkham games so wouldn't know about that.

But I really think the biggest USP separating the Riddler from the likes of the Joker is that he's a bit more understated and 'intellectual' - more criminal mastermind with a compulsion, less hammy and raving lunatic.

Honestly, this movie's portrayal of Riddler too isn't in line with my ideal take on the character, but I do hope that this Zodiac Killer inspired interpretation helps cement the notion that the Riddler isn't supposed to be a Joker clone in a green suit!
    I think any Gotham villain has an air of flamboyant without feeling derivative of Joker.

I know Frank Gorshin definitely made a larger-than-life and manic Riddler popular, but I feel it expresses itself more differently in Riddler than, say, Joker with making him come off more neurotic and egotistical.