Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Suits looking pretty good there .

Loving the nods to Returns for Catwoman's look. Love the whip. Concerned about the nails as it kinda looks like she just has acrylics that are poking through her glove.

Quote Originally Posted by postfutureshock View Post
    Loving the nods to Returns for Catwoman's look. Love the whip. Concerned about the nails as it kinda looks like she just has acrylics that are poking through her glove.
    "Concerned" lol. There is so much more to be concerned about. Still I laughed out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    "Concerned" lol. There is so much more to be concerned about. Still I laughed out loud.
    She's gonna rip her fingers to shit if that's the case! Can't be scratching people up with press ons.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post

Why am I still not feeling Zoe in this role. Rob looks good on paper than Ben did but Ben did surprise many.

Looks like Pattinsons Bruce might be more emotionally messed up than Affleck's was.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    It always seemed to me that his parents being wealthy benefactors with hearts of gold was an important part of Bruce's psychological makeup and why he's not just a one-note, Punisher style, heartless vigilante. He avenges his parents as Batman and honors their legacy as Bruce Wayne. This ever-darkening of every single aspect of the character is just oppressive IMO.
    This.

Also, at a fundamental level, the story of Batman is about a rich priveleged kid watching his parents die a violent death, and then dedicating his life to waging a never-ending war against the criminal element that took them from him.

It's not about a rich guy finding out that his parents were criminals or corrupt themselves and then atoning for his family's sins.

Which is not to say that the Waynes need to be saints or absolutely perfect. In fact, I liked the way The Long Halloween (particularly the recent animated films) dealt with this. Thomas was still a good guy, but in the process of doing good, he got into bed with people like Carmine Falcone. He built a charitable hospital to help the people of Gotham, but that hospital also ended up being a way for Falcone to launder money.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks like Pattinsons Bruce might be more emotionally messed up than Affleck's was.
    I honestly don't think Affleck's Bruce was particularly messed up. He seemed more emotionally healthy than, say, Keaton's Bruce. Affleck's Bruce was frustrated by a 20 year crusade not really amounting to much in the end, which led him down a more violent path. But his crusade against Superman was motivated, to some extent, by compassion (for the people who lost their lives in Superman's fight with Zod) and by pragmatism. Once he realizes he was wrong about Superman, it doesn't take long for him to go back to the more noble hero he used to be and start forming the Justice League.

Pattison's Bruce, at least judging by the trailer and what little we've been told, may well be the most messed up incarnation of the character ever!

BANNED

Yea thats what Tomlin's implied with Imposter.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Which is not to say that the Waynes need to be saints or absolutely perfect. In fact, I liked the way The Long Halloween (particularly the recent animated films) dealt with this. Thomas was still a good guy, but in the process of doing good, he got into bed with people like Carmine Falcone. He built a charitable hospital to help the people of Gotham, but that hospital also ended up being a way for Falcone to launder money.
    Yeah, I thought they went a reasonable route of making the Wayne's more complex without besmirching their character and it played up the central arc of the movie.
    I honestly don't think Affleck's Bruce was particularly messed up. He seemed more emotionally healthy than, say, Keaton's Bruce. Affleck's Bruce was frustrated by a 20 year crusade not really amounting to much in the end, which led him down a more violent path. But his crusade against Superman was motivated, to some extent, by compassion (for the people who lost their lives in Superman's fight with Zod) and by pragmatism. Once he realizes he was wrong about Superman, it doesn't take long for him to go back to the more noble hero he used to be and start forming the Justice League.

Pattison's Bruce, at least judging by the trailer and what little we've been told, may well be the most messed up incarnation of the character ever!
    With Affleck you can see how the years wore on him and how he was trying to recontexualize himself in the modern day while holding a lot of emotional pain, even if it didn't stop him from being Batman, but there was a rawness that made him susceptible to acting against his principles.

Meanwhile it seems like Pattinson hasn't quite fully formed those principles and is just pure raw vengeance.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, I thought they went a reasonable route of making the Wayne's more complex without besmirching their character and it played up the central arc of the movie.

With Affleck you can see how the years wore on him and how he was trying to recontexualize himself in the modern day while holding a lot of emotional pain, even if it didn't stop him from being Batman, but there was a rawness that made him susceptible to acting against his principles.

Meanwhile it seems like Pattinson hasn't quite fully formed those principles and is just pure raw vengeance.
    Exactly.

In fact, I think a better contrast for Pattison would be Bale's Batman. By the time the latter put on the cowl, he was already pretty fully-formed in terms of not just his training and tactics, but also his principles. Bale may be a rookie Batman in the latter half of Begins, but he doesn't particular act like a rookie Batman...hell, on his first night out he takes down Carmine Falcone and delivers him to the cops, and his first big victory is stopping Ra's al Ghul from destroying Gotham. About a year or so into his crusade, by the time of TDK, he's successfully wiped out something like 80-90% of organized crime activity in Gotham, with Jim Gordon's help.

Here we see a Bruce Wayne and a Batman who isn't fully formed, in terms of his training and tactics (Matt Reeves has mentioned in interviews that it's Year 2 and the ''Gotham experiment'' hasn't been going well) or his principles. In the Nolanverse, Alfred was worried that Bruce would get ''lost inside this monster of yours''...I think Pattison's Bruce is showing signs that he's already lost inside the monster that is Batman in some way.

All-New Member

Maybe I am a little bit late with my impression about second trailer,but I can't keep it inside... This is a bloody masterpiece. It fascinates me and at the same time makes me shiver with impatience to see the film. Robert looks pretty good, Zoe looks awesome, but best of the best - Penguin without any doubts! I can understand how they changed Colin Farrell's appearance, but how did they change his voice?

Ultimate Member

Pattinson seems to be drawn to playing trouble characters who have emotional and mental issues these days.

So it is perhaps not surprising that a take on Bruce like this appealed to him.

Mighty Member

Ah, the classic rooftop rendezvous...