Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Love seeing more of Selina. Zoe seems really good from the bits we’ve seen.

Looks like we might FINALLY get a Riddlet who truly feels like that smartest guy around.

I love the score so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Thoughts:

- Everything seems pretty on-point as far what you would expect character/depiction-wise. So much so that it almost feels like been there, done that, because, execution aside, I feel like I've seen this half a dozen times.

- Typical "Bruce Wayne spends so much time as Batman that he's neglecting Bruce Wayne" stuff.

- Seems like Selina might not think much of the Waynes, not knowing who Batman is...

- "I have a thing for strays." "I've got nine of 'em." Peak Catwoman dialogue .

- So...definitely seems like something's up with the Waynes, and Alfred didn't tell Bruce.

- That sequence with Batman and Catwoman fighting Riddler and his goons (is that the climax?) reminds me a lot of Batman and Catwoman fighting the Children of Arkham in Telltale games.

- Batman solving a Riddler riddle. "Justice" being the answer instead of "vengeance" makes me think this is when Bruce realizes something about how his crusade and Batman can't be about vengeance any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Looks like we might FINALLY get a Riddlet who truly feels like that smartest guy around.
    I agree, but anarchist Riddler just feels so...generic. Like I feel like I've seen this kind of villain a dozen times already with the same spiel.

Ultimate Member

IDK if Riddler feels “anarchistic” here. He feels like he has a specific goal in mind.

IDK if Riddler feels “anarchistic” here. He feels like he has a specific goal in mind.
    Which will result in...anarchy! Toppling the current world order! All that good stuff .

Extraordinary Member

Riddler does feel like he’s a bit purely archetypal as the “disturbed thriller villain” as opposed to being a character… but as much as I’m a bit cold on it now, if he’s supplying a genuinely engaging mystery and conflict, I’m not going to mind if he plays more like a parody from Key and Peele.

My favorite thing I noticed in the trailer was Selina calling Batman “Vengeance,” which implies either she witnessed his beat down where he called himself that, or that he tried using it on her separately, and either way she’s teasing him about it.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Riddler does feel like he’s a bit purely archetypal as the “disturbed thriller villain” as opposed to being a character… but as much as I’m a bit cold on it now, if he’s supplying a genuinely engaging mystery and conflict, I’m not going to mind if he plays more like a parody from Key and Peele.

My favorite thing I noticed in the trailer was Selina calling Batman “Vengeance,” which implies either she witnessed his beat down where he called himself that, or that he tried using it on her separately, and either way she’s teasing him about it.
    I do appreciate that we're getting a Riddler who, of course, wants an intellectual challenge and sees Batman as that challenge.

And you see when he answers Riddler's Riddle with "Justice" that it seems to be sinking in to him, then, how important it is.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Tom King laughing all the way to the bank.

Bat/Cat is here to stay baybee

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Tom King laughing all the way to the bank.

Bat/Cat is here to stay baybee
    I mean, Bruce calls her "Selina" so .

Ultimate Member

Yeah there’s a difference between her maybe saying it once to make a point. And them CONSTANTLY saying it to each other.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Yeah there’s a difference between her maybe saying it once to make a point. And them CONSTANTLY saying it to each other.
    Oh this is just the trailer, in the film every other sentence is going to be

bat... cat..... bat.... cat.... kissy faces... bat... cat...

Extraordinary Member

She’s being sassy and flirty vs his clearly awkward attempts to maintain stoicism… and without it becoming some weird surreal gag.

That’s more Paul Dini, the BEST Bat/Cat writer, than Tom King.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    She’s being sassy and flirty vs his clearly awkward attempts to maintain stoicism… and without it becoming some weird surreal gag.

That’s more Paul Dini, the BEST Bat/Cat writer, than Tom King.
    Yeah, and he calls her "Selina" which I think in-comic Bruce only did like...maybe 2 times in that entire run .

Used to be that's what he called her 95% of the time.

Selina using a playful nickname always made more sense than Bruce going along with it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, and he calls her "Selina" which I think in-comic Bruce only did like...maybe 2 times in that entire run .

Used to be that's what he called her 95% of the time.

Selina using a playful nickname always made more sense than Bruce going along with it.
    It’s the contrast between their demeanors that always makes me happy - Bruce, trying to be the Big Bad Bat, while Selina is lounging against her kitchen island and drinking coffee, so she can make some jokes and prod at his awkwardness.

This trailer makes it feel like this really might qualify very much like a Batman and Catwoman in total, and honestly, as much as both their previous big screen dalliances have been successful, there’s still a lot to mine for it. And now I’m wondering if her “I like strays” line might come back if she clues in to who Bruce is…
    Last edited by godisawesome; 12-27-2021 at 10:16 PM.

Incredible Member

I bet she knows who he is by the end of the movie.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I bet she knows who he is by the end of the movie.
    So far, the two modern movies with her have had her find it out. Both of the major video game franchises have had her find it out. Even animated movies are making it the eventual status quo.

She’s curious who he is, has scenes with both identities, and the way this last trailer cut some scenes it looks like they might even both go from their costumed IDs to trying to infiltrate a nightclub, with him not having time to remove his face paint.

Even if they end up pulling some kind of femme fatale thing with her, she’ll probably leave knowing who he is… and unwilling to take him down because she’ll like him.