Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Isn't the whole movie settled in the 90's?

It's not exactly the same. Feels a lot more like hard boiled or grim noir, than an epic like the movies from Nolan.
    Idk. This is the first time I saw it.
    Nolan is also grim and hard. What's the difference?
    I see some Batman 89 in the architecture though.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    With the smaller scale, I feel like they should have made this a tv show for Max instead of another rebooted movie.
    I think they also announced a tv show tied to the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Idk. This is the first time I saw it.
    Nolan is also grim and hard. What's the difference?
    I see some Batman 89 in the architecture though.
    The genre, and how the narrative works. Think about it like this.
    Blade Runner is grim and dark and is sci fi. Alien is grim and dark and sci fi. They're not the same genre (one is noir, the other is horror), they don't use the same style of narrative. Very different movies.

This feels more like and old cop movie, but with the same kind of grim and gritty that Mad Max had (different genre, but it's useful) than a character based epic drama like the Nolan movies.

Edit again: I mean, it could be that in the end this movie is a lot like the Nolan ones. But it doesn't give me that impression.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-22-2020 at 06:56 PM.

Yeah but a Batman show staring Batman as the main protagonist with this cast and direction seems so do-able. Yeah WB/AT&T want that box office $$$, but then who knows where the movie theaters will be in the coming years.

The genre, and how the narrative works. Think about it like this.
    Blade Runner is grim and dark and is sci fi. Alien is grim and dark and sci fi. They're not the same genre (one is noir, the other is horror), they don't use the same style of narrative. Very different movies.

This feels more like and old cop movie, with the same kind of grim and gritty that Mad Max had (different genre, but it's useful) than a character based epic drama like the Nolan movies.
    Oh okay. The trailer just the Riddler has a message, meeting The Cat and then beat up Joker thugs, so I don't see a difference between this and Batman Begins.

Oh okay. The trailer just the Riddler has a message, meeting The Cat and then beat up Joker thugs, so I don't see a difference between this and Batman Begins.
    Well, you want to present in the trailer the main points in the movie: the main characters, the main conflict, and the main antagonists. So far, a difference I notice, for example, in Begins, we had Bruce following a journey into becoming Batman as an effect of his inner conflict. Here, we have Bruce reacting and becoming Batman, as an effect of the conflict around him. In Begins Bruce's main antagonist is someone from his past that used and betrayed him, and we don't see his true colours until very late in the story. In this movie, it seems like Bruce is pushed by a challenge by a straight from the beginning antagonist: the Riddler, maybe another rogue or mafioso besides him, I guess.

I think that I it that way at least.

Well, you want to present in the trailer the main points in the movie: the main characters, the main conflict, and the main antagonists. So far, a difference I notice, for example, in Begins, we had Bruce following a journey into becoming Batman as an effect of his inner conflict. Here, we have Bruce reacting and becoming Batman, as an effect of the conflict around him. In Begins Bruce's main antagonist is someone from his past that used and betrayed him, and we don't see his true colours until very late in the story. In this movie, it seems like Bruce is pushed by a challenge by a straight from the beginning antagonist: the Riddler, maybe another rogue or mafioso besides him, I guess.

I think that I it that way at least.
    No, I mean about the tone. The difference between grimhard epic and grimhard personal. Both this and Begins has grimhard personal in their trailer, and the epic comes later, that's why I see no difference, because the epic in this one can still come in a later trailer.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Looks amazing, hot damn. I knew this movie was going to be rad, but I'm still really impressed.

Though Batmam seems a lil too brutal in that fight scene, no?
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 08-22-2020 at 07:22 PM.

No, I mean about the tone. The difference between grimhard epic and grimhard personal. Both this and Begins has grimhard personal in their trailer, and the epic comes later, that's why I see no difference, because the epic in this one can still come in a later trailer.
    Ah. Well, you have a point.

BANNED

The mix of noir and Tim Burton's Batman. I am IN!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    The mix of noir and Tim Burton's Batman. I am IN!
    Totally. Feels like Batman '89 (my favourite Batman flick) mixed with a big crime noir flick.

So, should I just like mail my money to WB now or...? Seriously though, that was freaking awesome. Blew me away. I just want this movie now. Like right now!

And I liked that he was a little extra brutal to the one goon, freaking fantastic.

Incredible Member

It looks extremely generic to me. Like an extended pilot for a TV show- this is the more mature version of Gotham.

I also think he looks too young and too small in the suit. Does he have a tiny head or something? Catwoman also looks tiny.

People in their thirties now just don't look old enough. Michael Keaton and Michelle Pfeiffer were both in their thirties in those Batman movies but they couldn't have passed for teenagers/twentysomethings the way Pattinson and Kravitz can. The whole thing feels emo because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    It looks extremely generic to me. Like an extended pilot for a TV show- this is the more mature version of Gotham.

I also think he looks too young and too small in the suit. Does he have a tiny head or something? Catwoman also looks tiny.

People in their thirties now just don't look old enough. Michael Keaton and Michelle Pfeiffer were both in their thirties in those Batman movies but they couldn't have passed for teenagers/twentysomethings the way Pattinson and Kravitz can. The whole thing feels emo because of that.
    Extended pilot of a TV show? That thing was gorgeous! I can understand not liking the direction or the casting, but no way this looks like some TV show.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

I'm not at all a big Batman fan, but this looks amazing. Maybe it'll change my mind and turn me into a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Looks amazing, hot damn. I knew this movie was going to be rad, but I'm still really impressed.

Though Batmam seems a lil too brutal in that fight scene, no?
    It feels like Batman showing restraint is less and less common these days.