Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

I really think people overthink Robin too much, but that's just me.

Extraordinary Member

I'll echo the sentiment that a 15-16-year-old Robin would work just fine. If we're going with the Dick Grayson iteration, he'd already be nearly in his physical prime and be in shape enough thanks to his aerialist background to believably take out some mafia hitmen-types with the proper training (well, as "believably" as anyone else in a superhero movie, anyway). It's really not anymore complicated than that, really.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Funny enough Reeve has been open to potentially having Robin and so has Pattinson. Specifically, Pattinson said he's down for Robin under one condition: that Robin is 13 in the movie. So full comic book adaptation in that regard lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I can see Bruce Wayne adopting a kid. But if he's responsible for this young man, how could he ever be moral while letting him run around town attack guys with guns?

Either he's a good father figure and makes sure he doesn't put himself in a situation where he is likely to die

or he let's him be Robin and the movie acknowledges the fact that Dick Grayson shouldn't be under his care.

And per the people saying Robin's suit would be bulletproof, did you forget that people can shoot him in the head?

This is why We Are Robin was the best solution. A bunch of teenagers form a gang to protect their neighborhood, and they get caught in the middle of a gang war and Batman is protecting them, not mentoring them.

These are the only solutions in a serious and moral Batman movie
    1 Bruce Wayne adopts Dick Grayson but he never becomes Robin
    2 The Robins are a gang of young vigilantes protecting their neighborhood from supervillains, and Batman is trying to protect them, not training them and encouraging them
    Depends on how Reeve's tackles that question moving forward. But, if he is open to it, then I can definitely see it happening. Especially given the elements in this film that I mentioned earlier.

If Reeve's chooses to tackle it all. We're a long, long way yet from The Batman 2 guys.

Anyways, I know it'll never ever happen, but I'd love to see some more off the wall villain choices for the next film. The Ventriloquist and Killer Croc would be some great choices, albeit again I know it'll never happen. But! There's always the GCPD and Penguin spin off series, and I feel like that might be a good place to see some foes who'd never get into a theatrical movie. Curious to see if they'd explore villains like that in this universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Depends on how Reeve's tackles that question moving forward. But, if he is open to it, then I can definitely see it happening. Especially given the elements in this film that I mentioned earlier.
    I feel something like Dark Victory would make a pretty good movie. I'd be down

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I feel something like Dark Victory would make a pretty good movie. I'd be down
    While not necessarily my favorite Batman story, the presence of Dick Grayson as Robin certainly didn't hinder the mood or the plot in the least. Loeb and Sale really managed to include the character almost seamlessly into this very dark and gritty world.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I don't mind the Batfamily popping up. I just think Robin works better for a younger demographic. So I rather just skip them for the older heroes like Huntress, Azrael, Orpheus, Onyx etc.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-03-2022 at 02:56 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I don't mind the Batfamily popping up. I just think Robin works better for a younger demographic. So I rather just skip them for the older heroes like Huntress, Azrael, Orpheus, Onyx etc.
    Is there really a big demand to see them in live action compared to Robin, though? I kinda just don't see the point.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Is there really a big demand to see them in live action compared to Robin, though? I kinda just don't see the point.
    After the Guardians blew up, I don't think demand matters that much. I'm not into Robin anymore so I don't have to root them to pop up. But I'm not running the show so I'm just spitballing for fun.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-03-2022 at 03:34 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    After the Guardians blew up, I don't think demand matters that much. I'm not that into Robin anymore so I don't have to root them to pop up. But I'm not running the show so I'm just spitballing for fun.
    Fair enough. With the pandemic and everything, I guess I'm just more likely to wait the 45 days til it hits HBOMax than see Orpheus or Onyx in the theater since I tend to skip their appearances in the comics, too.

If you give 'em to James Gunn, though, he might actually be the gamechanger that makes me like 'em. He tends to use very little from the comics and practically rebuild characters from the ground up.

I mean, outside of this forum, is there a big demand to see Robin in the new movies? Not to get into it, but I don't think Joe Q Public is hankering for some Dick like some of y'all are.

And yes, yes I do know how that sounded.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I mean, outside of this forum, is there a big demand to see Robin in the new movies? Not to get into it, but I don't think Joe Q Public is hankering for some Dick like some of y'all are.

And yes, yes I do know how that sounded.
    Like the illustrious mr. kenway said, demand really doesn't seem to be a factor anymore, so why not?

Like the illustrious mr. kenway said, demand really doesn't seem to be a factor anymore, so why not?
    That's not what you said earlier!
    Fair enough though, we all want what we want.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    That's not what you said earlier!
    Fair enough though, we all want what we want.
    Hey, the illustrious mr. kenway presented a sound argument. Especially sound since I was able to use it to support my preference!