Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I saw it last night (it was released at 7pm UK time). It's awesome!
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Spoilers but
    spoilers:

who was hyped about the Joker cameo at the end

Also Riddler actually beat Batman
    Batman couldn't solve the last puzzle/ riddle and that led to what happened to Gotham in the finale
    end of spoilers

I wouldn't mind if they have Riddler be the villain again in the sequel
    Last edited by Nite-Wing; 03-04-2022 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I actually think the recent Robin and Batman mini-series provides a good reference point for a Robin origin story. As does the New 52 retelling (horrible costume notwithstanding )
    I haven't read that yet, but I plan to (gotta check and see if it's been collected in trade yet, easier and cheaper than single issues usually...), but there's no way it could ever equal my amusement from reading ASBAR and reading people's reactions to ASBAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Batman couldn't solve the last puzzle/ riddle and that led to what happened to Gotham in the finale

Dude, that's too much of a spoiler to not spoiler tags too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I never said I was against any sort of Robin on the big screen. I'd love a live action Titans movie with Robin. I'm fine with an adult (17 youngest, maybe) Robin joining Batman who isn't his foster/adopted son. I'm also good if the tone is a lot lighter and less serious, like one of the sillier MCU films, just with Batman. I'm really only just against a kid/teen Robin with Batman up on screen.
    Fair enough. One idea I've had is Leslie Thompkins taking adopting Dick, which I think might be mildly more acceptable than a single man doing so. I still think, however, the 15-16 age range is best.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Among comic fans, maybe. At least where I was at the time, nobody in the general audience talked about who the villain for the next one would be period. Everyone was hung up on Ledger.
    Agreed. Most everyone expects to see Joker and Catwoman. Probably Ra's and even Penguin, too, at this point. But anyone beyond that is just stretching it to say there was much demand for.
    Last edited by phonogram12; 03-04-2022 at 08:41 AM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Spoilers but
    spoilers:

who was hyped about the Joker cameo at the end
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Doesn't Batman at least save the mayoral candidate that Riddler's people were trying to kill?
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Fair enough. One idea I've had is Leslie Thompkins taking adopting Dick, which I think might be mildly more acceptable than a single man doing so. I still think, however, the 15-16 age range is best.

Agreed. Most everyone expects to see Joker and Catwoman. Probably Ra's and even Penguin, too, at this point. But anyone beyond that is just stretching it to say there was much demand for.
    I'm kinda skeptical on Ra's too tbh. I think for most he would just be "the guy Liam Nieson played". Unless they played an Arkham game, Ra's and Talia are not as popular as the Gotham crowd

I'm kinda skeptical on Ra's too tbh. I think for most he would just be "the guy Liam Nieson played". Unless they played an Arkham game, Ra's and Talia are not as popular as the Gotham crowd
    I wonder if they're more recognizable through the Damian connection.

Although I feel like Joker, Ra's, and Bane are the top three "big" Batman villains and the Nolan movies helped cement that.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    To each their own - I think 15 is too young for live action, and 16 is pretty arguable too. I mean, it could work in a much more lightened up tone like the MCU, but nothing as dark as the past 20 years of Batman movies, least in my opinion. And I don't see WB executives greenlighting it unless Reeves really pushes them on the issue.

Besides, two Dick Graysons are unlikely. We're only getting two Batmen in movies because one's old and Batman's as popular as Spider-Man (only Marvel character with multiple versions by different actors showing up). So I think that it would have to come down to either Dick as The Batman's Robin, or a DCEU Nightwing movie, because I don't see us getting both (you can argue we could have both, but I never see WB doing it).

If Robin does show up they should call the movie The Batman and The Robin or we all riot!

Dude, that's too much of a spoiler to not spoiler tags too.
    Fair enough
    I'll spoil my post

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Doubt it. Most people know Damian via the animated movies than comics, and the movies made Deathstroke his nemesis more than anything else. Sure Ra's showed up, but only to die quickly in the first movie and be a ghost for a bit in the first Teen Titans movie. Talia showed up a bit, but her showings were...terrible. Just awful.

To each their own - I think 15 is too young for live action, and 16 is pretty arguable too. I mean, it could work in a much more lightened up tone like the MCU, but nothing as dark as the past 20 years of Batman movies, least in my opinion. And I don't see WB executives greenlighting it unless Reeves really pushes them on the issue.

Besides, two Dick Graysons are unlikely. We're only getting two Batmen in movies because one's old and Batman's as popular as Spider-Man (only Marvel character with multiple versions by different actors showing up). So I think that it would have to come down to either Dick as The Batman's Robin, or a DCEU Nightwing movie, because I don't see us getting both (you can argue we could have both, but I never see WB doing it).

If Robin does show up they should call the movie The Batman and The Robin or we all riot!
    If this movie is a hit, I think the ball is entirely in Reeves court. If he wants to try Robin, I doubt the execs would stand in his way too much.

Makes me wonder what they'll do with Dick if he's in that Gotham Knights show. Although Dick isn't Robin any more in Titans, so I guess that might free him up elsewhere?

I would expect Dick in a Reeves-like universe to come off like Roy Harper or Wally West in the Arrowverse. Young enough to still come off like a kid and serve the sidekick function but old enough to be crime-fighting.

Although I feel like Joker, Ra's, and Bane are the top three "big" Batman villains and the Nolan movies helped cement that.
    I think Joker and Babe maybe, but I don't get the impression Ra's made much of an impression compared to the other two. Or Selina and Two-Face or even Scarecrow

If this movie is a hit, I think the ball is entirely in Reeves court. If he wants to try Robin, I doubt the execs would stand in his way too much.
    Then depends on if Reeves wants it and if he wants it enough to demand it when they ask him to reconsider.
    Makes me wonder what they'll do with Dick if he's in that Gotham Knights show. Although Dick isn't Robin any more in Titans, so I guess that might free him up elsewhere?
    Like you said, depends on if he's Robin or Nightwing, as that's more important than him as "Dick." He can't show up as Robin if The Batman calls him for a sequel. And he can't be Nightwing if he shows up as such in the DCEU. And even with that concession, there's still a decent chance he'd be pulled off either show if they put him in a movie, WB/DC are still weird about it. So far only Flash has dodged the "can't be in tv and movies" issue.
    I would expect Dick in a Reeves-like universe to come off like Roy Harper or Wally West in the Arrowverse. Young enough to still come off like a kid and serve the sidekick function but old enough to be crime-fighting.
    Maybe, but I disagree. I really don't see him being under 18 if he's introduced into Earth 2.