Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Of all the movies previewed I predict that this will be biggest one and generate the biggest buzz. In the same vain as Joker.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Of all the movies previewed I predict that this will be biggest one and generate the biggest buzz. In the same vain as Joker.
    By the reception of the trailer, yup. Even WW8, which I liked a lot, didn't generate the same buzz on twitter, for example.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    Is this is Farrell as the Penguin?

He looks a bit like Richard Kind who played Mayor James in Gotham

This movie now has my attention.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Ultimate Member

-I'm LOVING the David Fincher vibes of this.

-Speaking of, so Riddler is a Zodiac/Jonathan Doe type serial killer it would seem?

-And I thought Affleck's fighting style was brutal.

-Colin Farrell looks almost unrecognizable here.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I can see Earth One Riddler but missed Long Halloween influences. Maybe Catwoman and the Mob comes from Long Halloween?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I knew it'd be good, but holy damn, it did everything right. Can't wait. It has the potential to be the best Batman movie we've had, which I admit is hyperbolic, but I don't give a damn.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    «I am Vengeance»?
    I have a bad feeling: Batman should be about justice, non about vengeance.
    He said it before

Last edited by Styles; 08-23-2020 at 03:42 AM.

I thought it was great. It made me wanna go play the telltale Batman games now.

I guess that could be his arc- going from antihero to hero.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 08-23-2020 at 04:53 AM.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Hope they change the colours couldn't see a bloody thing! Still not convinced by Pattinson needed more lines. Disappointed it's the Riddler, would rather have villains that weren't done before but at least it isn't a Joker! I also hate they stuck with "The Batman" name keep thinking of the (underrated) animated series. Also the trailer was too confusing what exactly is the plot of the movie, like I didn't even know it was Riddler until I went online.

Can't say I am disappointed since I wasn't exactly excited for this in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    By the reception of the trailer, yup. Even WW8, which I liked a lot, didn't generate the same buzz on twitter, for example.
    WW doesn't have the first female superhero movie hype anymore, this movie was bound to end up having more buzz no matter what. WW can't compete with Batman plus Reeves as a director has much more going for him than Jenkins. Personally speaking WW84 does look better but ain't nothing gonna compete with Batman.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I will say though... I think this is the first Batman trailer ever that focuses on detective work, so I really like that

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Hope they change the colours couldn't see a bloody thing! Still not convinced by Pattinson needed more lines. Disappointed it's the Riddler, would rather have villains that weren't done before but at least it isn't a Joker! I also hate they stuck with "The Batman" name keep thinking of the (underrated) animated series. Also the trailer was too confusing what exactly is the plot of the movie, like I didn't even know it was Riddler until I went online.

Can't say I am disappointed since I wasn't exactly excited for this in the first place.

WW doesn't have the first female superhero movie hype anymore, this movie was bound to end up having more buzz no matter what. WW can't compete with Batman plus Reeves as a director has much more going for him than Jenkins. Personally speaking WW84 does look better but ain't nothing gonna compete with Batman.
    He leaves clues and riddles, within a green postcard.
    It's the riddle alright.
    A lot more sherlock-esque, but it's fitting for the approach the film seems to go for.

(Gotham made me like the character a lot, so I'm perfectly OK with their choice. I actually love it, I'm not going to lie)

Holy hell, this looks great. Strong Arkham City vibe for me, which is perfect.