Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Mighty Member

Hopefully this will be made available to the public soon.

Don't know about the footage from CinemaCon, but we're officially getting a trailer from FanDome.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

According to one review I read, there's apparently some sort of twist at the end. Calling it now, Superman shows up. Or Joker is his brother or something. Or Alfred turns out to be the Joker.
    Last edited by superduperman; 08-31-2021 at 11:54 AM.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    According to one review I read, there's apparently some sort of twist at the end. Calling it now, Superman shows up. Or Joker is his brother or something. Or Alfred turns out to be the Joker.
    My guess was that Alfred dies at the end. And I thought that would be pretty bad, but now after reading your post somehow it doesn't seem like the worst option anymore...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Oh that would be all kinds of bad. Then again, it seems like WB/DC will greenlight anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    Oh that would be all kinds of bad. Then again, it seems like WB/DC will greenlight anything.
    He's guessing, we don't know what the twist is. I mean, The Dark Knight had a twist ending no one saw coming and was great. Right now it's just a mystery to us.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    Considering they already showed a 3 hour cut that went really well, I hope him being in the editing room isn't because WB's demanding he cut an hour off...

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Considering they already showed a 3 hour cut that went really well, I hope him being in the editing room isn't because WB's demanding he cut an hour off...
    OH my God 3 hours of pure bliss might kill me

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    OH my God 3 hours of pure bliss might kill me
    That's how long the test screening was, and reportedly the test audience loved it. However the rumor (so take with salt, unsubstantiated) is that WB wants him to shave off an hour to hit the 2 hour mark of most films these days. We'll see. If the rumor pans out, well, hopefully the 3 hour version will be sold as a director's cut.

BANNED

Movies are so quickly released digitally that it undermines the argument for 2 hour movies--accommodating more screenings per day. Cutting an hour off could just end up hurting the film's reputation before VoD

All-New Member

However the rumor (so take with salt, unsubstantiated) is that WB wants him to shave off an hour to hit the 2 hour mark of most films these days.
    I hope so. The Snyder Cut of JLA should have been considered as a somewhat of a movie anamoly. I enjoyed the 4 hour film. But other than digital from home, and even then, there really don't need to be a lot of 3 and 4 hour movies. It won't help long-term sales.

Quote Originally Posted by BatsUSA View Post
    I hope so. The Snyder Cut of JLA should have been considered as a somewhat of a movie anamoly. I enjoyed the 4 hour film. But other than digital from home, and even then, there really don't need to be a lot of 3 and 4 hour movies. It won't help long-term sales.
    Well, we disagree - there's a difference between a 4 hour and a 3 hour movie, and a difference between a film like this that looks like it's going to be universally loved vs a divisive by nature Snyder joint. There don't need to be a lot of such long movies true - that's not the same as none, and here I'd argue that more is better. Again, the test audiences loved it.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Well, we disagree - there's a difference between a 4 hour and a 3 hour movie, and a difference between a film like this that looks like it's going to be universally loved vs a divisive by nature Snyder joint. There don't need to be a lot of such long movies true - that's not the same as none, and here I'd argue that more is better. Again, the test audiences loved it.
    I think it has a lot to do about pacing(and the overall quality of the plot) as the theatrical cut of Return of the King was nearly three and a half hours long and I didn't need to break that viewing up and never once looked at the time. And even the extended cut which clocks in at around the same time as the Snyder Cut of Justice League, while it certainly feels longer than the original still has never required me to break up my view time over three days.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!