Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I think it has a lot to do about pacing(and the overall quality of the plot) as the theatrical cut of Return of the King was nearly three and a half hours long and I didn't need to break that viewing up and never once looked at the time. And even the extended cut which clocks in at around the same time as the Snyder Cut of Justice League, while it certainly feels longer than the original still has never required me to break up my view time over three days.
    And there's no reason to assume a 3 hour cut of The Batman would have bad pacing considering we've already heard rumors that the audience loved it. I hope they don't cut it down, otherwise I might wait for the Director's Cut that'd be inevitable to result from that move.

I want it to be as long as it wants to be. If it’s three hours, five hours, or one hour. What I don’t want is someone cutting it for any other reason than “that’s how long the story is at it’s best.” But what do I know? I’m just a fan.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I think it has a lot to do about pacing(and the overall quality of the plot) as the theatrical cut of Return of the King was nearly three and a half hours long and I didn't need to break that viewing up and never once looked at the time. And even the extended cut which clocks in at around the same time as the Snyder Cut of Justice League, while it certainly feels longer than the original still has never required me to break up my view time over three days.
    I rewatch the director's cut of RS' Kingdom of Heaven every year since it came out and length never is a problem when a movie "flows"

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I want it to be as long as it wants to be. If it’s three hours, five hours, or one hour. What I don’t want is someone cutting it for any other reason than “that’s how long the story is at it’s best.” But what do I know? I’m just a fan.
    Same here

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I rewatch the director's cut of RS' Kingdom of Heaven every year since it came out and length never is a problem when a movie "flows"

Same here
    Yeah, that's another film with a long run time that I don't mind either.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Amazing Member

I am sure this movie will be amazing

https://www.gamesradar.com/batman-th...review-covers/

One of the upcoming Black Label miniseries is written by one of the movie's screenwriters. It would be cool if it was tied to the film.

I liked the little bit of the score we've heard so far (though the composer's revealed snippet on his instagram is just the bit we already heard during that first look at Pattinson in his suit).

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://www.gamesradar.com/batman-th...review-covers/

One of the upcoming Black Label miniseries is written by one of the movie's screenwriters. It would be cool if it was tied to the film.
    I'm more glad it isn't tied (or at least doesn't seem to be) - with rare few exceptions most movie tie-ins aren't that good, for whatever reasons. So I'd rather the writer just kind of be given more reign to do his own thing than try to align with a movie that won't treat the comic as canon anyways. That said, I am immensely interested in reading this to maybe get an idea of the level of writing for the movie.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

New Catwoman Image?

Cat22.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    New Catwoman Image?

Cat22.jpg
    I wonder if she'll have a proper costume by the end of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I liked the little bit of the score we've heard so far (though the composer's revealed snippet on his instagram is just the bit we already heard during that first look at Pattinson in his suit).

I'm more glad it isn't tied (or at least doesn't seem to be) - with rare few exceptions most movie tie-ins aren't that good, for whatever reasons. So I'd rather the writer just kind of be given more reign to do his own thing than try to align with a movie that won't treat the comic as canon anyways. That said, I am immensely interested in reading this to maybe get an idea of the level of writing for the movie.
    I don't know, the costume looks exactly the same as the film's so it looks like we're meant to see it as a tie in to me...and as long as its good that's okay.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Incredible Member

I don't know, the costume looks exactly the same as the film's so it looks like we're meant to see it as a tie in to me...and as long as its good that's okay.
    Eh, it kind of is and it kind of isn't - I wouldn't say the costume looks exactly the same, the most iconic/noticeable bit are entirely different (the Bat symbol). Plus if it were meant to take place in The Batman universe they'd advertise it as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Eh, it kind of is and it kind of isn't - I wouldn't say the costume looks exactly the same, the most iconic/noticeable bit are entirely different (the Bat symbol). Plus if it were meant to take place in The Batman universe they'd advertise it as such.
    I think that homemade looking Batsymbol on the chest is supposed to go away fairly early in the film, if leaks are to be believed.

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    They are really banking on this film.