Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I thought the darkish, edgy, cool sidekick role was Lois. At least that was the impression her last miniseries seemed to be aiming for,

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    He's gonna get hated
    There are characters that feed of from hate. All hail superman's new sidekick teen darkseid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    I thought the darkish, edgy, cool sidekick role was Lois. At least that was the impression her last miniseries seemed to be aiming for,
    Must be why losing lois makes superman go cookoo. Just joking.
    Seriously though, lois just feels more like a female superman most of the time these days even if you call her the smart, cool, cynical city girl. They basically have similar view points in most of the time. That's what this thread is about. The lack of assholes or jerks or cool guys in superman cast. Conner has the cool guy type down. But, jerks and assholes are really not there in books more frequently . There is lombard. But, he doesn't get used much. Which just reiterates my point.Moreover, he isn't part of super part of superman.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-21-2020 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I am not talking from Character perspective. I am talking more from a story perspective.
    Ah okay, I got ya.

Well, I think it could be interesting, at least as a short-term option and who knows, it might end up being interesting enough to use long-term.

Seems to me that Conner could easily fit this mold without bending his character too much, and with Young Justice ending the kid will need a new home. But that feels so.....expected.

If you're gonna do it, I say go crazy with it. Bring in the young, Golden Age inspired t-shirt Superman, or a very similar version. That guy was a good twenty years younger than current Clark and has the OG "bully of bullies" attitude, he (or someone much like him) could be your angrier, edgier Super sidekick.

And yes, Jimmy Olsen is so hardcore he makes bowties cool. I think we often forget just how crazy brave those Daily Planet staffers are; you live in a city that gets attacked by aliens, other dimensions, thrown through time.....all the craziest stuff, and you run straight at the danger, every time without fail, armed with nothing more than a camera and a pen. That takes some serious stones.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Sky Boy 10 characters

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    This right here. Lois is the darkish, edgy, cool sidekick.

But if you need more of a jerkish sidekick with superpowers, use the Eradicator.
    He’s more pro-Krypton. But hopefully won’t destroy humanity like Zod.

But if you did that to Superman it would seem too much like Goku and Vegeta.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 08-21-2020 at 12:31 PM.

Someone else pitched Superman as Livewire's Parole Officer in another thread. That approach could work with her or another character.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Sky Boy
    I so wanted Sky Boy to be Superman's regular sidekick.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Lor-Zod then.

Superman's a lone wolf. Except for his dog. And he's a good boy.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

No, Superman wouldn't want to endanger a regular sidekick. Superman is best on his own!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Ahem.

Good boy?

Sacred, you and me go back a long ways now and we usually agree on damn near everything. I respect you a great deal. But what the ever-loving F*CK do you mean "good boy?"

Krypto's the best boy.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Retired

There was a time when Superman and Ambush Bug were hanging out together a lot--and they were like opposites.

Incredible Member

maybe be more appropriate for Conner to have a buddy. At this point I'm not sure what yet another ultra-powered sidekick would mean for Superman. You have Kara, Conner, Jon (in the future now), etc.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    maybe be more appropriate for Conner to have a buddy. At this point I'm not sure what yet another ultra-powered sidekick would mean for Superman. You have Kara, Conner, Jon (in the future now), etc.
    Power is just a story device and nothing more in modern comics. You can be martian manhunter and beaten up by harley quinn. Someone mentioned, lor zod. Conner and zod could have fulfilled. The bad cops of superfamily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    There was a time when Superman and Ambush Bug were hanging out together a lot--and they were like opposites.

Too bad it's hasn't been done in a long while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    While, i understand that but he needs a cast to play of from. Moreover, he needs good dynamics. This thread is also for acknowledging the assholes, jerks, cool people .. Etc of superman famiy.lone wolf characters are the type who generally get stuck with others.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-22-2020 at 06:34 AM.