Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

There's also the Alpha Centurion, if anyone else remembers him.

Again, I don't support Clark taking on a sidekick because he's not that kind of guy, but I do get what Manwhohaseverything is getting at with the idea of Clark being *stuck* with a sidekick he doesn't want but, for whatever reasons, has to deal with. And Clark unwillingly taking on a partner is something that could be fun to read about. At least for a bit.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Ahem.

Good boy?

Sacred, you and me go back a long ways now and we usually agree on damn near everything. I respect you a great deal. But what the ever-loving F*CK do you mean "good boy?"

Krypto's the best boy.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Aawwww, I can't stay mad at you!

Though I'm guessing the irony of using a cat gif in a dog conversation is intentional.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Hahaha, it wasn't my intent going in but when I saw the gif out of possibles, it had to be so.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Fantastic Member

Shouldn't superman have an edgy cool and mysterious side kick?? NO!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Hahaha, it wasn't my intent going in but when I saw the gif out of possibles, it had to be so.
    I cannot argue with your choices man. Well done. I almost spit my drink out when I saw it.

~ Black Panther.

I see your point. Initially i thought it should be a strict no. But if you want a character for spicing up character dynamics, it can be fun.

I say why not Superboy? A young Clark Kent stuck in time. Superman would be his own sidekick. Since, they think Superman should not have anything to do with Legion, this can come in handy. Legion is such an elegant answer to the question about how Superman is so good in his first day in the suit. He had spent time in the future. So, here we can have Superboy teaming up with his older self. I think many people would have wondered; wouldn't it be nice if i could meet my younger self and tell him not to do certain mistakes. My younger self would have been stubborn and considered myself as an old man.

Having an edgy, cool and mysterious sidekick can work. Remember Superboy is a young Superman. To make him edgy change his name from Superboy. Maybe something like Super, Ultimate, Extreme. I am half joking. But it can be fun.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 08-23-2020 at 03:25 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    I see your point. Initially i thought it should be a strict no. But if you want a character for spicing up character dynamics, it can be fun.

I say why not Superboy? A young Clark Kent stuck in time. Superman would be his own sidekick. Since, they think Superman should not have anything to do with Legion, this can come in handy. Legion is such an elegant answer to the question about how Superman is so good in his first day in the suit. He had spent time in the future. So, here we can have Superboy teaming up with his older self. I think many people would have wondered; wouldn't it be nice if i could meet my younger self and tell him not to do certain mistakes. My younger self would have been stubborn and considered myself as an old man.

Having an edgy, cool and mysterious sidekick can work. Remember Superboy is a young Superman. To make him edgy change his name from Superboy. Maybe something like Super, Ultimate, Extreme. I am half joking. But it can be fun.
    Maybe a modernised version of whatever 90's Superboy would be like today. Having a role like Impulse from Wally's comics.

No he should not.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I so wanted Sky Boy to be Superman's regular sidekick.
    DC missed an opportunity.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    No he should not.
    Care to explain, Why? Do you believe superman has enough cast that doesn't share similar view points to him?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Care to explain, Why? Do you believe superman has enough cast that doesn't share similar view points to him?
    I would choose someone who wasn't part of Superman 's cast to fill that role. You could use an edgy, mean and selfish Kara for that role, but most people do not want more jerk Supergirl. Kon in his who phase could fill that role too, but I wasn't a fan of emo Kon(others praised that phase as character development, but to me it was character derailment).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Honestly, other than krypto and powergirl every other character you mentioned doesn't have much of a fun contrasting dynamics with clark. Dude! I just named a bunch of character traits that's it. I just mean a reverse superman. That's it. That doesn't mean i was looking for a try hard poochie or whatever. I was just wondering why clark doesn't have his own bad cop. That's it. Since batman has a good cop.
    Actually I always thougth that 20something Conner could be great as cool,darker version of Clark.
    I for example love Drew McIntyre from WWE and I can imagine Kon with longer Hairs,muscular, more a brawler etc.

But not as Sidekick..

Astonishing Member

You know, that is sort of a point. How about that Argent girl he teamed up with once. He actually said that he’d like her if he ever decided to take on a side kick. It was back when they were still making good comic books , now and then so some of you weren’t born yet... still. Was anything else ever done with her? At all ?

BANNED

Fundamentally, Superman won't work with any sidekicks because his character is fundamental won't allow him to have a sidekick. His character is always and always be seeing heroes as equals wether it's young or old. Legend or not. So sidekick won't work with him, let alone an edgy one. Besides, Superman already that strong, what can his sidekick do to help him. But it doesn't mean it can become an arc, because I can see him getting a sidekick and a jerk one. kind like Alpha in The Amazing Spider-Man.