Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Nothing in Superman's world should or needs to be edgy. Trying to make it so pretty much strips the character of much of his appeal.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Well too bad,batman was made because of and inspired by superman.. That's not the point.The point is having a wide variety of cast
    Batman was not inspired by Superman. That's compeltely wrong

Batman was inspired by Sherlock Holmes, Zorro and the Shadow.

Superman already has good supporting characters.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    The irony is how Kara with a red lantern ring was less edgy than in the previous issues lol.

She also has a point about the drinking thing being Earth nonsense.

Either way, he definitely should get one of those, and the character should be named Jason, so fans who read Batman's and/or Diana's comics can get an idea on what kind of insufferable ******* Supes is getting .
    "Kara Zor-El of Krypton.
    You have great rage in your heart."

Well, it was true.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

Funny thing zorro inspired superman.
    Also must be why batman wears black pants,coats,boots and cape..oh wait!he doesn't.He wears a skintight underpants suit(strongman costume).

Yep!zorro and shadow used to wear skin tight gear.
    My opinion,batman has the personality of a stick compared to zorro.batman is too uptight to ever smile.

Also,batman inpsiration
    After the success of Superman, DC Comics wanted to create a new hero and tasked comic book writer and artist Bob Kane and writer Bill Finger with developing one. This led to the birth of Batman, a hero who did not possess supernatural powers, but instead had a variety of interesting gadgets including a utility belt, “batarangs,” and a grapple gun. Batman first appeared in Detective Comics #27 in 1939.
    Sure,he does.Just lacks variety or opposing point of views.female superman,kid superman,dog superman...etc
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-17-2022 at 12:01 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    I thought the darkish, edgy, cool sidekick role was Lois. At least that was the impression her last miniseries seemed to be aiming for,
    Same here. Ever since she learned his identity, rather than damsel in distress love interest, this has been her role to me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    How do you mean marginalized him?
    Superman went out of his way to disassociate himself from Superboy because ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶S̶u̶p̶e̶r̶m̶a̶n̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶i̶d̶e̶k̶i̶c̶k̶ he disliked the circumstances of Superboy's birth.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

Batman was indeed inspired by Superman's success.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Superman went out of his way to disassociate himself from Superboy because ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶S̶u̶p̶e̶r̶m̶a̶n̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶i̶d̶e̶k̶i̶c̶k̶ he disliked the circumstances of Superboy's birth.

Superman got over how kon was created, most versions of conner has lived with Clark's parents, so I think they are good
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I’m reminded of the sidekick convo in All-Star where Supes questions whether he should have taken a sidekick like Robin. Lois of course responds that no sidekick could keep up with him, heh.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Astonishing Member

Superman got over how kon was created, most versions of conner has lived with Clark's parents, so I think they are good
    Why can't he live in Metropolis? Why does Superman always have to be alone?

Superman isn't alone, he has a wife and son, they just so happen to be never around each other though.

If all thr SUPER characters lived in one city the city would be crime free be a utopia. They have to spread characters out with thst level of power, BAT characters are human and not demigods flying over buildings who can hear and see you no matter where you go
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Superman isn't alone, he has a wife and son, they just so happen to be never around each other though.

If all thr SUPER characters lived in one city the city would be crime free be a utopia. They have to spread characters out with thst level of power, BAT characters are human and not demigods flying over buildings who can hear and see you no matter where you go
    Yeah!i give too seconds before some living atom bomb guy blow metropolis to kingdom come or some kaijuu eats it..This dc universe.. Superfamily can easily get their asses handed to them,just like the bats.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Yeah!i give too seconds before some living atom bomb guy blow metropolis to kingdom come or some kaijuu eats it..This dc universe.. Superfamily can easily get their asses handed to them,just like the bats.
    Or intergang and their high-tech weapons

Well yeah and Imo I would rather them be closer, but thsts probably how DC sees it,I still want a super family comic

Howabout Matt price be Jons sidekick. Imo I think Matt is actually jon lane Kent, or atleast a version of him, a Lil younger, no memory, and doesn't know how his powers work. He would be a good sidekick to himself