• JASON TODD

17 24.64%
  • TIM DRAKE

9 13.04%
  • DAMIAN WAYNE

11 15.94%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Jason Todd, for me. With Dick being a better Batman and Damian an interesting Robin.

...I don't hate Tim. But he's just "there" for me. And it certainly doesn't help that not only DC, but his fans too, can't seem to come up with a way forward for him after Robin.

I'd feel better about Bruce if he were written more like DCAU Bruce or something. Because, other than a few writers here and there, he's written as a know-it-all jerk that can seemingly never be wrong, nor held to half the standards other characters are (like actually facing consequences for his actions).

Dick Grayson, hands down.

I like the other Bats well enough. They all bring interesting things to the table and can be a lot of fun to read about, or at least provide some fun perspectives, but Dick Grayson is pretty gods damn fantastic and is easily my second favorite character in all of comics. I just find the concept of the character so damn intriguing and the perfect embodiment of the DC mission statement.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Fantastic Member

I love the bat family, I wish they would all be more involved in Batman and Tec like in Tynion's epic Rise and Fall of the Batmen saga. easly the best batman run of the 2010s.

Bruce Wayne for me.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member

The limiting options within this poll is discouraging. Like, I can understand not including Bruce, because as this thread has already shown, he would tend to skew and dominate such a poll far too easily and obnoxiously. But limiting the choices to just Barbara Gordon and the 4 "designatedly excepted Robin's"? That's just too blatantly biased in its structure. It makes what's meant to be a fun fan thing uncomfortable in its exclusionary-ness.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    The limiting options within this poll is discouraging. Like, I can understand not including Bruce, because as this thread has already shown, he would tend to skew and dominate such a poll far too easily and obnoxiously. But limiting the choices to just Barbara Gordon and the 4 "designatedly excepted Robin's"? That's just too blatantly biased in its structure. It makes what's meant to be a fun fan thing uncomfortable in its exclusionary-ness.
    I think it's because those 5 are considered 'main family' , just like it shows on Joker diagram. But I agree that the poll is so limited. I mean, where's Cass? She's often told to be the best candidate of next Batman.

As for me, Dick Batman and Damian Robin team forever

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

By the way, why didn't you post this thread on Batman forum? You will get more response on there

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    By the way, why didn't you post this thread on Batman forum? You will get more response on there
    My guess? Probably because it's pointless here - the Dick fanbase is strong enough as is on the general DC board, but here there was really no point in the poll at all. When I last saw this poll he was in the lead, but it wasn't near the epic landslide it became when it moved here. If it was going to be in the Batman forum there should have been only two choices to begin with: Dick or Dick?

Spectacular Member

Dick; he's the Robin who I feel like balances out Bruce the best. His life was marred by tragedy and took away his family, only to be given an outlet for his vengeance and sense of justice by becoming Bruce's partner. Fortunately, he had strong rolemodels (Bruce, Alfred) in his life to shape him into the adult he became. He was able to get back that happiness he lost as a child by pointing his skills and motivations in a positive direction. He's this wisecracking, good-natured and clever circus kid, and he grows into a man who while having experienced tragedy, isn't defined by it.

As an adult, experiences and losses have made him more grounded and serious-minded, but he still doesn't lose sight of who he is at his core. He is an extremely enduring character despite whatever hardship comes his way, and his strong code and ability to adapt to change makes him a great character to follow. That, and he's just a fun character in general. His fighting style and costume are very cool.

It's followed in a close second by Damian. I think he's such an interesting character that has this tug between the two legacies he was born into. He's got a strong sense of justice as well, but he has a lot to unlearn and its an ongoing process. He's a tough nut to crack, but arguably that makes him more endearing when he does.

Honestly, I like all of the Batman characters quite a lot, so choosing a favorite is like picking out which ice cream flavor I want. I'd gladly take any of 'em despite having preferences. I could probably write a thesis on each of them and their motivations/relationships to one another.

Bruce then Terry

Voted Grayson but the actual answer is Bruce. Bruce is the whole reason the franchise exists and will always define it.

Grayson is a close second. The original robin, and you can't really think batman without robin. Grayson is also probably the character that has grown most in the DC universe and is the only suitable replacement for Bruce. Honestly in all of comics there is no character who is more meant to be the replacement for the main hero than grayson, while I hate anyone in the cowl other than Bruce, grayson is the only replacement character in all of comics that truly works.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I agree with Midnight_v, Bruce Wayne is The Batman.
    But this really seems more a referendum on Robin(s). And for me, the best Robin is
    Carrie Kelly.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet