Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default DCeased: Hope at worlds end

How are we seven issues in and there are no threads for this, so I might as well correct that mistake. I will say this, you should really only read this if you have read the first series as it’s set between a time jump in the later half of that series, serving as both a gap filler but also focus on some characters who were not in the main series. I will also say that at 99 cents an issue it’s very affordable to catch up on the series.

Now since it’s seven issues I don’t want to waste a lot of time going into detail so I’ll do brief blurbs on my thoughts for each of the issues.

#1- The Jimmy Olsen story of survival and storykeeping, moderately a good introduction and gives us an idea of what we may see.

#2- The methods of the Black Adam in his kingdom of Khandaq, and his questions of ethics and heroism in an apocalypse. Also the rise of a zombie king

#3- The best issue of them all and an amazing Wally West and Flash Family story. If you don’t read any other issue just read this for the flash stuff.

#4- The rise of a new Batman, it’s basically a really touching issue as Damian becomes Batman. Also the introduction of Wink and Aerie from Taylor’s Suicide Squad run.

#5- The rise of a new Trinity, basically a fun story of Jon, Damian, and Cassie Sandsmark on an adventure to find Damian’s mom.

#6- Army of Darkness, literally in a way. Basically it’s a siege issue as a horde led by some superhumans is coming for a fortress.

#7-Superhero fight, the day is saved but lives are lost. Leaves on a tease that more is to come.
    Last edited by sifighter; 08-21-2020 at 09:26 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.