Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Well at least he is enjoying being Geralt of Rivia.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    As much as DC has forced me to dislike the character right now, it looks like a solid movie. Bad trailer music aside.
    You didn't like the Nirvana riff? They were my favorite band back in the day and I'm still a huge fan of them, so the music was actually a plus for me. Actually, the music for a lot of these trailers was to my liking. I even liked the music for the Suicide Squad roll call trailer, and I'm not usually a big fan of rap (outside of some notable exceptions like 'Pac).

But The Batman does look like a quality flick, musical tastes aside.

I wasn't expecting much for Superman here. I mean, why would I? Even the most hopeful rumors I've heard are pretty depressing (Supes does movie cameos!) or stuff we've heard for years that never bear fruit (Superman video game!).
    Last edited by Ascended; 08-22-2020 at 07:11 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Yo Ascended whats your opinion on this?

This is not the post you're looking for. Move along. Move along....
    Last edited by Ascended; 08-22-2020 at 07:56 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    (don't mind me, editing a couple posts here to answer this for Prime)

Well. I'm not surprised by the lack of news, or by the stuff we saw like Brainiac controlled Superman in that Squad game. Generally, it's what I expected and I'm not even mad. This is what we've come to expect. I like the look of a lot of the other stuff, so I feel like this was overall a successful event. As a Superman fan....hell it could've been worse.
    As a Superman fan this felt awful. Supwrman himself was barely acknowladged despite using his music.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    it must be nice to have Batman as favorite hero, because the tease for The Batman is awesome.
    I love Batman and Superman, and I can say that I can sympathize with your feelings, man. Batman had the Joker event and Dark Night Metal in one year while Superman only had Event Leviathan only because of Bendis (not that Bendis is the worst Superman writer ever, that title still belongs to Scott Lobdell). Now Batman had a rad trailer, a game starring his family, a suicide squad with Harley Quinn as a leader while Superman is the villain. Will this year become the worst of Superman, even with Red Son. We will see....

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Yo Ascended whats your opinion on this?
    I'm not surprised by the lack of news, or by the stuff we saw like Brainiac controlled Superman in that Squad game. Generally, it's what I expected and I'm not even mad. This is what we've come to expect. I like the look of a lot of the other stuff, so I feel like this was overall a successful event. As a Superman fan....hell, it could've been worse. We've had cons that *were* worse. Remember when the big "MoS sequel" announcement everyone was talking about turned out to be "Here's a Batman story with Clark in it!" and DC were so proud of themselves while we wept because our sequel had been stolen? That sucked. What'd we get here at Fandome? Evil Superman in a video game? Bitch please, ya basic!

I'd maybe settle in and prepare for a long wait, as far as big Superman news goes. AT&T just imploded, people are gone, jobs have changed, focus markets are shifting....I don't even know what this mess must look like on the inside. I don't wanna know. The stuff that was too far along to cancel is (generally speaking) still happening, and we know there's not a ton of good Superman stuff in the pipeline. But beyond that, it's all up in the air. It'll take time for everyone to figure out where their priorities are, work out plans, and get to a place where they can talk about those plans with us. If we're lucky they'll have something Super-related to say by the next Fandome but I'm expecting like, end of the year, early 2021 at best.
    Last edited by Ascended; 08-22-2020 at 07:55 PM.

~ Black Panther.

I’m expecting 2023 at the earliest for anything major. That will be his 90th.

As a DC event I think they nailed it. As a Superman fan this sucked and was a complete misfire. But such is life.

(don't mind me, editing a couple posts here to answer this for Prime)

Well. I'm not surprised by the lack of news, or by the stuff we saw like Brainiac controlled Superman in that Squad game. Generally, it's what I expected and I'm not even mad. This is what we've come to expect. I like the look of a lot of the other stuff, so I feel like this was overall a successful event. As a Superman fan....hell, it could've been worse. We've had cons that *were* worse. Remember when the big "MoS sequel" announcement everyone was talking about turned out to be "Here's a Batman story with Clark in it!" and DC were so proud of themselves while we wept because our sequel had been stolen? That sucked. What'd we get here at Fandome? Evil Superman in a video game? Bitch please, ya basic!

I'd maybe settle in and prepare for a long wait, as far as big Superman news goes. AT&T just imploded, people are gone, jobs have changed, focus markets are shifting....I don't even know what this mess must look like on the inside. I don't wanna know. The stuff that was too far along to cancel is (generally speaking) still happening, and we know there's not a ton of good Superman stuff in the pipeline. But beyond that, it's all up in the air. It'll take time for everyone to figure out where their priorities are, work out plans, and get to a place where they can talk about those plans with us. If we're lucky they'll have something Super-related to say by the next Fandome but I'm expecting like, end of the year, early 2021 at best.
    So...be hopefull but not really? XF

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m expecting 2023 at the earliest for anything major. That will be his 90th.

As a DC event I think they nailed it. As a Superman fan this sucked and was a complete misfire. But such is life.
    The event was great! The Suicide Squad panel, Gotham Knights trailer and gameplay, Milestone and Sandman panel was great. Snyder talking with the fans that helped the Snyder Cut happen was pretty cool. The Batman trailer actually got me looking forward for the movie.

Hell, with the exception of the Evil Superman stuff, the SS game looks good. Just the Superman treatment that is crap.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    The event was great! The Suicide Squad panel, Gotham Knights trailer and gameplay, Milestone and Sandman panel was great. Snyder talking with the fans that helped the Snyder Cut happen was pretty cool. The Batman trailer actually got me looking forward for the movie.

Hell, with the exception of the Evil Superman stuff, the SS game looks good. Just the Superman treatment that is crap.
    Really? It looked like an uninspired Sunset Overdrive and Tara Strong has passed her expiration date as Harley, sadly. Boomerang was spot-on, though.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

As a Superman fan this felt awful. Supwrman himself was barely acknowladged despite using his music.
    It's still pretty baffling they did this without any major announcements to go along with it.

So...be hopefull but not really? XF
    Ha! More like....don't have any expectations at all. New people are in charge now, top to bottom. They're looking to find new markets and audiences while streamlining their expenses. WB never considered Superman a priority, they thought he was broken. Maybe AT&T agrees with them. Or maybe they don't. I don't know anything about these people, how they view the IP's, or how they'll analyze the data. Like, Superman, last I knew, was DC's second highest earner annually and the fourth highest superhero on earth. Considering the lack of effort WB put in and how they botched most of the effort they did give, that's f*cking impressive. Maybe AT&T are cool with that multi-million in revenue for little real work. Free money. Or maybe AT&T think they can make a sh*t ton more if they do things differently. We'll know their priorities when they tell us, but it'll take time for them to sort out what their priorities are.

So September if Clark was a super big important priority right out of the gate and people already have plans in motion this very minute and those plans are going off without a hitch. It's possible. End of the year, early next year if you're optimistic and AT&T/WB/DC's plans are already progressing at a successful rate. 2022 or 23 if the new people in charge are as inept as the last batch and it takes them years just to decide what to do.
    Last edited by Ascended; 08-22-2020 at 08:17 PM.

~ Black Panther.

Ha! More like....don't have any expectations at all. New people are in charge now, top to bottom. They're looking to find new markets and audiences while streamlining their expenses. WB never considered Superman a priority, they thought he was broken. Maybe AT&T agrees with them. Or maybe they don't. I don't know anything about these people, how they view the IP's, or how they'll analyze the data. Like, Superman, last I knew, was DC's second highest earner annually and the fourth highest superhero on earth. Considering the lack of effort WB put in and how they botched most of the effort they did give, that's f*cking impressive. Maybe AT&T are cool with that multi-million in revenue for little real work. Free money. Or maybe AT&T think they can make a sh*t ton more if they do things differently. We'll know their priorities when they tell us, but it'll take time for them to sort out what their priorities are.

So September if Clark was a super big important priority right out of the gate and people already have plans in motion this very minute and those plans are going off without a hitch. It's possible. End of the year, early next year if you're optimistic and AT&T/WB/DC's plans are already progressing at a successful rate. 2022 or 23 if the new people in charge are as inept as the last batch and it takes them years just to decide what to do.
    Didnt Johns once said that getting Superman right was a priority?

You are probably right. Superman merchandise sells, regardless of WB promoting it, but the movies are not as suscessful, so they just use their resources to promote other properties and make their merchandise sell.

When Superman lunchbox and backpacks stop selling, maybe they will try to positively promote the character, and not just use Superman to promote others.