Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Didnt Johns once said that getting Superman right was a priority?
    No offense but you believed him? That’s like when Lee gave the PR spin after the DC Bloodbath. Johns was never going to say “yeah they don’t give a shit lmao”.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    You are probably right. Superman merchandise sells, regardless of WB promoting it, but the movies are not as suscessful, so they just use their resources to promote other properties and make their merchandise sell.

When Superman lunchbox and backpacks stop selling, maybe they will try to positively promote the character, and not just use Superman to promote others.
    Superman needs exposure. Good one to keep selling

Superman needs exposure. Good one to keep selling
    Superman is iconic. People know who the character is without never have watched or readed anything with the character, they are able to reconize his symbol anywhere just by the references made about Superman in pop culture. He have constant promotion, in an indirect way, but he have it.
    If things continue the way they are, Superman will lose relevance, but it will take time. For now the character make enough money for AT&T without costing them much in promotion. SO they make Batman and Wonder Woman movies that they know will be suscessful, and use the money they would spend on Superman, that they have no confidence in, to make less expensive movies about less known character and sell merchandise about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m expecting 2023 at the earliest for anything major. That will be his 90th.

As a DC event I think they nailed it. As a Superman fan this sucked and was a complete misfire. But such is life.
    For what it's worth there's a Man of Tomorrow panel courtesy of IGN tomorrow and we might get better Superman news on the 12th.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For what it's worth there's a Man of Tomorrow panel courtesy of IGN tomorrow and we might get better Superman news on the 12th.
    Man of Tomorrow looks great but there’s not going to be any major Superman announcements on the 12th, I feel pretty confident of that.

Man of Tomorrow looks great but there’s not going to be any major Superman announcements on the 12th, I feel pretty confident of that.
    Maybe not announcements (unless we get stuff on the comics side) but maybe stuff we can look forward to from DC's animated and TV slates.

I don't think I'm even angry anymore. Skimming the shedule I did not bothered to keep awake; no need for trailer spoiltrains for movies I plan to watch anyway; no interest in yet another venture in the Batgod market. No tangible Superman stuff. And apparently not even a sneaky surprise announcement about the Man of Steel of which such a event would be best suited.

Its not like I expected to get that. I hoped for that, sure. Maybe Sept; maybe not. I don't really expect anything but hot air there either.

Didnt Johns once said that getting Superman right was a priority?
    Talk is cheap.

I told myself I wasn't going to be angry. I mean, I was expecting exactly what we got, a big nothingburger. And I was looking forward to and enjoyed the WW84 trailer. But the evil Superman trope again, it just got to me, I couldn't help it. And then finding out hey, flying isn't a difficult mechanic after all and this game is utilizing Metropolis heavily...just ugh.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I told myself I wasn't going to be angry. I mean, I was expecting exactly what we got, a big nothingburger. But the evil Superman trope again, it just got to me, I couldn't help it. And then finding out hey, flying isn't a difficult mechanic after all and this game is utilizing Metropolis heavily...just ugh.
    It never was. "Superman is hard" has always been an excuse.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I think I gotta agree with my old buddy @Ascended here. It kinda sucks we didn't get a huge surprise Superman movie announcement, but being realistic it's a pipe dream. For all we know,it may not have been for lack of trying. For instance Ben Affleck's return as Batman in the Flash movie just came together last week, so it's very possible something similar was going on behind the scenes with Cavill or even maybe another actor that for whatever reason didn't come together in time for Fandome.

I'm still in shock that we are getting the freaking Snyder cut of JL. I'm betting nearly everything in regards to Superman's cinematic future,and probably the DCEU at large is tied up in how that cut is received by the general audience and fans. I can almost guarantee if the Snyder cut exceeds expectations in terms of success, you will see Henry back in the cape,either in a JL sequel to properly finish the full arc Snyder et all had in mind or a JJ Abrams produced requel,or even both. If (admittedly) the most likely scenario comes to be for the Snyder cut comes to be I.E. huge initial interest from fans but middling interest from the general audience, then I'd say it's more likely we will see something more official of a moving on of Cavill and from there,who knows?

We can be assured there will eventually be another Superman movie. It's the how and when that's up in the air.

That being said,the Flash film sounds fun,The Suicide Squad film (which includes freaking Mongal and Bloodsport!)looks like a blast, and the WW84 and JL snyder cut trailers look slick. With Batman being my second favorite character, The Batman looks amazing and I'm excited for it because it looks like we are finally getting the full detective mode Bruce for the first time ever in the movies. Jeffery Wright looks born to play Jim Gordon and Pattinson looks great in that suit.

I wish we had more concrete Superman news, but it is what it is. Superman hasn't been a priority for DC/Warners for years. To expect that to change overnight is foolish frankly.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 08-22-2020 at 10:26 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

The idea of WB giving Snyder another $200 million to make even edgier movies seems insane, but who the hell knows what will happen? I have no interest in any Superman project with Snyder attached to it, so I guess I’ll hope that doesn’t come to pass. Kinda surprised we haven’t heard anything about whether or not JJ Abrams is actually taking over Superman.

BANNED

No offense but you believed him? That’s like when Lee gave the PR spin after the DC Bloodbath. Johns was never going to say “yeah they don’t give a shit lmao”.
    Warner Bros, DC and AT&T: Auch!

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Superman is iconic. People know who the character is without never have watched or readed anything with the character, they are able to reconize his symbol anywhere just by the references made about Superman in pop culture. He have constant promotion, in an indirect way, but he have it.
    If things continue the way they are, Superman will lose relevance, but it will take time. For now the character make enough money for AT&T without costing them much in promotion. SO they make Batman and Wonder Woman movies that they know will be suscessful, and use the money they would spend on Superman, that they have no confidence in, to make less expensive movies about less known character and sell merchandise about them.
    Unfortunately, that's how I see I too.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Unfortunately, that's how I see I too.
    Damn dude I had to double take, not used to seeing you without a Hulk pic lol.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Damn dude I had to double take, not used to seeing you without a Hulk pic lol.
    LOL. I know, I know.

The Batman trailer got me pumped, so expect some Batman profile pics. Hulk ones always come back, though.