Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Lightbulb True stories they should turn into movies?

Finished a good book during lockdown, a recent paperback called behind the horror : true stories that inspired horror films.
    It featured the 1948 case that inspired the exorcist, a charming prison doctor who inspired Hannibal Lecter, and the wreck of the Indy, a massive WW2 shark attack that inspired quints speech in Jaws.

What would you like to see turned into a film?

Extraordinary Member

Jean Laffite- pirate, smuggler, mob boss, and last-minute ally to Andrew Jackson in the Battle of New Orleans in the War of 1812... and he was in New Orleans because that was his base of operations. Imagine combining The Godfather, Jack Sparrow, and a war movie, but setting it all in New Orleans at the dawn of the 19th century, with all the weird little quirks of the city and its surrounding bayous - a French colony that was recently owned by the Spanish, purchased by the Americans, and has a weird heirarchy involving race, nationality, parentage, and all sorts of de jure mores and customs of the time.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Mighty Member

Sounds great! Must read up on him
    Would also like to an autobiography and biopic of Edward Furlong. From teen star with a 29 year old girlfriend to drug addict and prison inmate through to current sobriety

As a part of the Straight out of Compton world. with the same actor as Eazy E id like a Bone Thugs N Harmony movie. Theyre child hoods are crazy, one member was in America's most wanted because he got kidnapped. He chewed through the tape and escaped out the window as a child. Another member has a bullet stuck in his skull from being shot as a kid. All the usual crime, Jail and hustling of a hip hop origin story. They took all the money they had to buy tickets from Cleveland Ohio to California to try to get discovered, ended up homeless on the streets. Long story short Eazy E gave them a chance and 50million + albums sold later, they are one the unsung legends of hip hop.. There is also drama with them breaking up, a certain member losing his mind for awhile. There is way more drama to mine from them, then there was NWA. And just like NWA they were important and had a huge impact on the rappers that came next. The first huge rapper that was heavily influenced by them was probaly Nelly, but now adays every rapper trying to sing and rap melodicly.

But yea I think the actor who played Eazy E got canceled right? Mitchell something, iono think he got Me too'd. Anyway they are mentioned in the NWA film and a tape for theyre album Eternal i believe was given to Eazy E while he was in the hospital. In a wolrd where Wu Tang has a show on Hulu, I dont see why they can't make a show about them.

Funny in Farsi. An autobiography of a Persian girl, the daughter of the diplomat to the United States, and her family ending up as American citizens after the Iranian Revolution. Despite all of that, it's actually a rather lighthearted book.

Mighty Member

Would love a bone thugs film, also Run DMC, beasties, pe , ice t, krs, 3rd Bass and Aaliyah biopics.

Also, the life (and likely soon death) of Ron Jeremy

i lost mey keys.

i want a trilogy by tarantino.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    Would love a bone thugs film, also Run DMC, beasties, pe , ice t, krs, 3rd Bass and Aaliyah biopics.

Also, the life (and likely soon death) of Ron Jeremy
    There was already an Aaliyah Biopic. It was terrible. The R kelly thing is just URGH.

I agree of maybe another well done biopic.

From Wikipedia:
    Jeannette Pickering Rankin (June 11, 1880 – May 18, 1973) was an American politician and women's rights advocate, and the first woman to hold federal office in the United States. She was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives as a Republican from Montana in 1916, and again in 1940.

Each of Rankin's Congressional terms coincided with initiation of U.S. military intervention in the two World Wars. A lifelong pacifist, she was one of 50 House members who opposed the declaration of war on Germany in 1917. In 1941, she was the only member of Congress to vote against the declaration of war on Japan following the attack on Pearl Harbor.

A suffragist during the Progressive Era, Rankin organized and lobbied for legislation enfranchising women in several states including Montana, New York, and North Dakota. While in Congress, she introduced legislation that eventually became the 19th Constitutional Amendment, granting unrestricted voting rights to women nationwide. She championed a multitude of diverse women's rights and civil rights causes throughout a career that spanned more than six decades. To date, Rankin remains the only woman ever elected to Congress from Montana.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This woman served in Congress before women were even allowed to vote - crazy.

Boisterously Confused

The story of York. Not the WWI Medal of Honor Guy, the earlier hero by that name.

Mighty Member

Sequel to dolemite is my name featuring the rise, fall and hip hop lead recovery of Rudy Ray Moore

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Has there ever been a really good biopic of George Washington?

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    Sequel to dolemite is my name featuring the rise, fall and hip hop lead recovery of Rudy Ray Moore
    What fall?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

He went bankrupt after disco godfather flopped but continued his live act. He appeared in one of the penitentiary sequels.
    An Isley Brothers movie featuring their ups and downs over decades would be cool too.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Has there ever been a really good biopic of George Washington?
    There was a pretty fair made-for TV movie about his Christmas assault on the Hessians starring Jeff Daniels, but not a full life story that I'm aware of. In some ways, Washington gets treated like Christ in the US as a figure no one wants to really dig at for fear of backlash. Be interesting to see Spike Lee take a run at him.